Thread: The rollercoaster that is professional card counting.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    KewlJ wrote:

"So some of you may remember back in September when I shared that I dad hit the million dollar milestone (year15) as far as blackjack results. A day or two after that was my last all-time high (ATH), as the following week, I experienced my work week of my blackjack career dropping 29k, including not one but two, five figure losing days (which are rare for me) in the same week. You might remember some of the goofy comments about how I should used some sort of 'stop limit' (voodoo concept).

So anyway, I spent the last almost 4 months bouncing around between 20-30k below that last ATH. So a pretty nice little run over the past couple week and I am once again at a new ATH."

Something been nagging at me for a long time now KJ, and I should have asked you this sooner. Periodically you have mentioned in the past that you wish that others would be more open disclosing their annual results why is that, and why do you do it yourself?

In Don S book, Chapter one Back Counting the shoe game Don describes a day in the life of a tablehopper, where on that day Don takes it on the chin. Two lines always stood out in my mind at the end of the chapter.

"[Editor's note: As Don said, don't shed any tears for him. We understand he got the 32 units back...and a few more!]"

Blackjack enthusiast understand early on that there is no public glory to be had as it would be counterproductive to the profession. Recognition among piers is the best that is possible, and no better way to accomplish that is by helping others with their game, but, be quiet about your own.
    Last edited by BoSox; 02-15-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Thread Information