So some of you may remember back in September when I shared that I dad hit the million dollar milestone (year15) as far as blackjack results. A day or two after that was my last all-time high (ATH), as the following week, I experienced my work week of my blackjack career dropping 29k, including not one but two, five figure losing days (which are rare for me) in the same week. You might remember some of the goofy comments about how I should used some sort of 'stop limit' (voodoo concept).

So anyway, I spent the last almost 4 months bouncing around between 20-30k below that last ATH. So a pretty nice little run over the past couple week and I am once again at a new ATH.

I post this only to show the kind of elongated swings and down periods that card counters playing with such a small edge and huge variance deal with regularly.

This period, just short of 4 months between ATH's, was actually fairly mild. I have had 4 different period that lasted 6 months and probably another 4 or 5 that have lasted at least this long (4 months). These periods usually result in a big loss and slow climb back, as this one did. The point is a blackjack card counter must be properly bankrolled and able to handle these elongated swings....because they will occur.