Obv a gimmick account; if any personnel are reading this it would be pretty easy for them to determine who I am, and I can't remember if there's anything I've posted on my regular account that I'd rather remain private (likely not a concern, but as you're about to learn, you can't be too careful with these people).

So, couple of months ago, I'm staying at Harrah's LV. I enter the bathroom to shower. The remodeled rooms have heavy sliding glass doors. I slide the door open in a normal fashion (I wasn't upset or drunk or anything) and it hits the bumpers and explodes into tiny pieces. I'm not severely injured, but I have some fairly deep cuts on my hand that was opening the door, I still have the scars. Security comes up, takes a report, bandages me, and I expect that to be it.

A few days later I check my Amex statement, and there it is: $1500 for the door. I call Harrah's, they give me the runaround. I call my host, he says there's nothing he can do. I open a case with Amex, they side with Harrah's, since I signed the form upon checkin that makes me responsible for any room damages*. I call the hotel injury lawyers on the billboard, their position is that since I didn't seek medical treatment at the outset, I'm SOL, and they don't want to deal with anything non-injury related.

* Is this really a thing? I mean, if I turn the TV on and it explodes and catches fire, do I now owe them a new TV? If I fall through the floor am I on the hook for construction repairs?

Obviously if I had any idea they would sink to this level, I would have gone straight to the hospital after it happened and milked them for everything I could. So now I'm open to any and all suggestions.