Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Glitched UX

  1. #1
    Not mine (encountered it surfing the web), but thought folks who play this would find it interesting (especially The LID and Barney) . . .
    Now I know why people hold all five cards when dealt a premium hand that can't be improved by a card from the deck.




    The person is betting only one hand and the bet is 51 quarters (as you know 10 quarters should be the maximum allowable bet per hand and at a ten quarter bet all hands must be played) ?! Also, the person should have gotten their 51 quarter bet back since they drew two pair (and the game is DDB).

  2. #2
    You'll see these oddities when there is a "minimum bet" indicated in the lower right corner. If you see this, DO NOT PLAY IT!!!

    In the picture above, if the player bets 51 on that hand, they still only get paid the 3x of the original pay. So if they end up with 2 pair, they STILL only win 15 quarters!
    Last edited by jbjb; 02-26-2019 at 06:33 AM.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    You'll see these oddities when there is a "minimum bet" indicated in the lower right corner. If you see this, DO NOT PLAY IT!!!

    In the picture above, if the player bets 51 on that hand, they still only get paid the 3x of the original pay. So if they end up with 2 pair, they STILL only win 15 quarters!
    Thanks JBJB. It looks as though the queen of hearts was held and then two pair was the result. If this is correct, then the person should have gotten paid (15 quarters), however they didn't get paid anything (I mistakenly wrote that they should receive their 51 quarter bet back because I figured wrongly that this put the game in straight up, but buggy, non-UX mode, but it is still in UX mode during this buggy state).

  4. #4
    My guess was this hand was from another denomination. If the pay table is the same, the same hand will show on all denominations. I don't think a bet was made yet with these multipliers up because there is no money in the machine.

    I first noticed this on a nickel triple play with a $1.00 min bet. It allowed 7, 8, 9 or 10 credits per hand but still only paid as if 5 were bet. Again, avoid these unless playing the game straight up.
    Last edited by jbjb; 02-26-2019 at 07:04 AM.

  5. #5
    It might be payable if found with many high paying multipliers. Math might get complicated though.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    It might be payable if found with many high paying multipliers. Math might get complicated though.
    Thanks again JBJB - yes, different denominations is a good possibility. I'm thinking the average multiplier would have to be ~5.2X (assumes a 5 coin base game payout no matter how many coins are bet) depending on the base game paytable to make it an advantage play. Anyhow, what we know for certain is that 51 coins displayed in the bet per hand box is quite a bug - 10 should be the highest observable number in that box. Also, this bug might allow the player to switch to the highest denomination to play the off the next hand multipliers (as opposed to playing them off on the denomination which initiated them as would normally be the case)- worth a try if one finds this situation as one does not have to make the bet if this is not the case.

  7. #7
    I wonder if gaming has seen this. Again though, you'll only see this on machines with a minimum bet listed.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    I wonder if gaming has seen this. Again though, you'll only see this on machines with a minimum bet listed.
    Good question - it's all a big blank since who knows under what jurisdiction/state this occurred (i.e which gambling entity should be notified ?).
    I will definitely be taking your advice and not playing these minimum bet ones if I should ever encounter them (but if I encounter the bug on a non-minimum bet machine I will try to play off the multiplier(s) at the highest denomination which may not be the denomination which triggered the multipliers) .

  9. #9
    If you ever see it on a non-min bet game, get a picture. I've never seen it.

  10. #10
    Think you got that off Twitter @playwithanedge1. I saw it today as well

  11. #11
    This is Barney,

    The LID and me just got out of a two week stint in slammer for looking for happy ending but I found post very, very interesting. The LID have never seen such a phenomenon on the on the video pokers but has recently ran into a few glitches where the previous personage has not hit any winner but got a 2X or even a 7X on next hand but left the Ult X video pokers machine for some reason. Each time the LID found machine in such a state he did not vulture it but played it straight ups hoping that if he would bust on next hand he would still be a winners. He told me that on each occasion of the glitch the machine did not continue with the glitches so he just played it out or created his own vulture situation, played it and quit. This quirk has been noticed a few times in the past few months and even occurred a few times on the one line video pokers devices.


    Here is a picture of the LID with some other personage getting pinched at the temporary dating facility:




  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Here is a picture of the LID with some other personage getting pinched at the temporary dating facility:
    I thought they decriminalized that shit. Guess not.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    The LID have never seen such a phenomenon on the on the video pokers but has recently ran into a few glitches where the previous personage has not hit any winner but got a 2X or even a 7X on next hand but left the Ult X video pokers machine for some reason.
    I hope The LID takes note of which normally non-multiplier-generating hands cause multipliers to get generated.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •