I was reading the St Patrick's Day thread by Boz at WoV and wanted to reply to him by Pm, but he is either not receiving PM's or has deleted his account here.

Boz asked who doesn't love St Patrick's Day. I always did. Being Irish, and someone who enjoys beer, how could I not. Plus most years St Patrick's day falls on the first weekend of March Madness of which I am a big college basketball fan in general (Villanova specifically), especially that first weekend, hoping for those David vs goliath upsets. So that tied in nicely with the fun (I have no idea why March madness starts a week late this year).

St Patrick's Day was also my late partner's Birthday, just adding to our reason to have fun and get toasted. So naturally, this being the first St Patrick's day since he passed last April, I am missing him, but rather than sitting around feeling sad, I am heading out with friends and going to celebrate and have fun and get drunk in his honor and memory.

For those that haven't been to Vegas on St Patricks day, it really is a lot of fun (and drinking of course).

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone.

Funny thing about St Patricks day, I was recently reading how the Irish (in Ireland) only recently began celebrating St Patrick's Day. For all the years that we celebrated it here in the states, it wasn't anything over there until very recently. Odd.