Thread: Ocean Magic Grand

I saw an Ocean Magic Grand machine at Bellagio.

Since Ocean Magic is publicly known as a machine one can play at an advantage (under specific conditions), I don't mind bringing it up out here.

I know that on regular Ocean Magic, you're looking for Wilds in the bottom-left 9 spots (3x3), and perhaps wilds in the 3 bottom spots on the 4th column.

But what about here? There are 5 columns in the Grand version just like the regular one, but one more row.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

A wild bubble in the 3rd column is usually good.

I don't have much experience on them but I'll work on it and get back to you.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I've been playing pretty much anything in 1st 3 except very upper left corner, but not a big enough sample size to say anything for sure. Line pays are nowhere near the original.

So far I've done pretty good finding a few scattered wilds in the screen.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I'm not a big fan of OM Grand. I was losing with the standard OM strategy so now I'm only playing reel 1 bubbles if there is another bubble in reel 4 within 1 row. Not finding many spins so results are TBD.

My best hits on this game have come from catching horns on bubble burst mode.

Originally Posted by Prozema View Post
    I'm not a big fan of OM Grand. I was losing with the standard OM strategy so now I'm only playing reel 1 bubbles if there is another bubble in reel 4 within 1 row. Not finding many spins so results are TBD.

I think it's one of those games where the edge is dependent on an uncommon event (here a big bubble burst event) and you're just looking for a state where the -EV is discounted enough to make it worth gambling for the uncommon event.

So it's tough to intuit what the correct strategy is. I think Shackleford's strategy for non-Grand at least seems pretty plausible.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Originally Posted by Prozema View Post

I think it's one of those games where the edge is dependent on an uncommon event (here a big bubble burst event) and you're just looking for a state where the -EV is discounted enough to make it worth gambling for the uncommon event.

So it's tough to intuit what the correct strategy is. I think Shackleford's strategy for non-Grand at least seems pretty plausible.
    I think this is generally true - that is, you hope to minimize the bleeding until the premium spin/hand hits which outweighs the losses. Without doing this, the bleeding outweighs the premium event.

It is generally true with vulturable slots but there are exceptions like the scarab game in its lock states. Still with OM I think it's especially true that you will very likely lose on most plays that don't involve center column bubbles.

It is generally true with vulturable slots but there are exceptions like the scarab game in its lock states. Still with OM I think it's especially true that you will very likely lose on most plays that don't involve center column bubbles.
    I have lost so many times with a center bubble on the screen that started below the playing field, followed up all the way to the top, yet it never connected, and I lost. Fortunately the good ones more than make up for the losses.

Originally Posted by ke6cdh View Post
    I have lost so many times with a center bubble on the screen that started below the playing field, followed up all the way to the top, yet it never connected, and I lost. Fortunately the good ones more than make up for the losses.
    Yes. If you keep doing the sunrise (bubble below the belt in column 3), you will bleed slowly enough for the premium wins to more than make up for the losses. In general this is what AP vulture plays are all about IMHO (as I stated above).

Thread Information