Thread: Can't post iphone video to VCT.

With my new iphone 7+ I have to resize pictures to post them here. Evidently they are to large. I'd like to post video here, have tried, but can't. It won't take. Does anyone know what to do?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    With my new iphone 7+ I have to resize pictures to post them here. Evidently they are to large. I'd like to post video here, have tried, but can't. It won't take. Does anyone know what to do?
    Mickey, perhaps you could transfer your iphone video to your laptop (directly or e-mail it to yourself as an attachment and then copy the attachment to your laptop) and then from your laptop you could post it to VCT.

Does it have a thumbnail option?

iPhones are junk. Get a good android.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    iPhones are junk. Get a good android.
    I don't think this phone is junk. Google maps and my other apps work damn good on this phone.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Mickey, perhaps you could transfer your iphone video to your laptop (directly or e-mail it to yourself as an attachment and then copy the attachment to your laptop) and then from your laptop you could post it to VCT.
    I transferred the video to my laptop just like the pictures. I've tried to post the video from both my phone and computer. There's something I'm not understanding.

I transferred the video to my laptop just like the pictures. I've tried to post the video from both my phone and computer. There's something I'm not understanding.
    Hi Mickey, it looks like the file type options are limited for embedded videos on a forum which is generated with vbulletin software like this one. If you have an account at youtube you can upload the video to that account and then embed it in your VCT post with the "insert video option". Otherwise, you can post the video to your twitter account and then provide the twitter video link in your VCT forum post.
    Cheers, TP.

Hi Mickey, it looks like the file type options are limited for embedded videos on a forum which is generated with vbulletin software like this one. If you have an account at youtube you can upload the video to that account and then embed it in your VCT post with the "insert video option". Otherwise, you can post the video to your twitter account and then provide the twitter video link in your VCT forum post.
    Cheers, TP.
    Hey, thanks for this tip, tableplay. I already posted a video to youtube. I'll find it and post the link here. That'll work just fine.

Let's see if this works.

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1126150912152444928

Edit: The first thing they picked up on twitter was I was smoking. I told them cigarettes and coffee are the only two vices I have left.

What error message do you get when you try to post the video and pictures?
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Cheers, TP.
    Hey, thanks for this tip, tableplay. I already posted a video to youtube. I'll find it and post the link here. That'll work just fine.
    Sure no problem Mickey - I had no problem viewing the test video using the Twitter link you posted.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    What error message do you get when you try to post the video and pictures?
    Dan, when I took pictures with my windows phone I transferred them to my laptop them posted them up here. There was no problem. I would

1. Click on Advanced
    2. Click on Manage Attachments
    3. Click on Browse
    4. In documents I would click the picture then click on open
    5. Then click on upload
    5. Then click on close window
    6. Then put up the post.

It always worked. But not with iphone pics which I transferred to my laptop. I would get to step 5, click on upload, and nothing would happen. I couldn't get the pic to upload until I downsized it.

With the video I couldn't get it to upload and have no way to downsize it. At least not that I know of.

PS: There was no error message. It would just not do anything at all when I clicked on upload.

I solved the problem with the pics from my iphone. They are still to big to send them to this site directly from my phone but i email them to my laptop and I have a choice or large, medium or small. I send it small and then its no problem to post it up here.

Still haven't solved the video problem other than send them to twitter first then put up a link here.

Thread Information