Thread: Request For Mickeycrimm

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    I did the same type of thing when I solved the double up anomaly.
    Rob, I’ve got a question for you. Why did it take you so long to find this double up bug? You said you looked for it for 4 years. That’s a long time to be looking for computer bugs without any assurance it was present.

I’m also unclear why you would think a bug was in the Game King since most games don’t have bugs, but taking you at your word, why did I take you 4 years to find it?

In the wire.com article, it said John Laskusky (a 25 year old USC graduate) found it “within a few days”. With no prior knowledge of how this bug worked, he sat down at one of the Game Kings and “began experimenting” and was able to “reliably reproduce” the bug in “a few days”. Yes, he was looking for it, but so were you. He found it in a couple days, while you took 4 years.

I get why most people didn’t find it. They weren’t looking for it. But you were actively looking for it...I mean you spent 4 long years looking for it. I give you a lot of credit for not giving up. Most people would given up after looking for bugs after one year, or two years or three years. But not Rob. Going on four years and not finding any bugs, you were still looking for it.

Here’s my other question: How many hours a day did you spend looking for this bug during these four long years? This is what I find most fascinating about your story. That you would spend FOUR years looking for a bug (or something that looks like bugs) without any assurance a bug was even present. Wow! What perseverance!
    Last edited by Bob21; 06-24-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Thread Information