Thread: Advantage play / cheating / crime....where is the line?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Maybe to calm yourself down a little, you could go take a math class, then get back to us. What you'll find is that the Bell Curve applies to all of us--not just to you. When I say my strategy did in fact provide positive results for its 4-year life, and because it worked just as I expected it would do I've been teaching it or a variation of it ever since, what's "mathematically impossible" here is that someone who claims to understand the math can't comprehend that my strategy simply falls within the totality of that Curve.

Face it kew. If anyone came on here and said they could go play video poker with a br of $57,200 and walk away with at least a $2500 profit, you'd be stupid to bet against such a thing. And this is even WITHOUT any particular type of strategy. Go ask TomSki, Dunbar, Shack or anybody else to run a RoR on that one. You'll see what I mean.
    Wait....THAT is the explanation? You just happen to be on the far, far positive side of the bell curve? Translation: Extremely lucky.

Ron, progressive wagering changes the distribution of wins and losses but not the total wins and losses. In this case you will end up with many small wins ($2500), but every so often, every 20 some trials, you will experience a loss of the entire $57k, wiping out all those wins. A progressive betting system can not overcome negative expectation. Proven mathematical fact.

Now you with these new adjusted numbers of total win of $375 you are trying to tell us that you have experiences 150 winning goals of $2500 (that would be 375k), while not experiencing any loses of the entire 57k bankroll, which again should occur every 20 some trials.

Far, far to the positive side of the bell curve? If this were true, it's like you are running 7 times the number of royals expected per cycle and claiming that is a legitimate system. The very least you can do is tell us exactly what incantation you need to recite to make the voodoo magic work like this.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

Maybe to calm yourself down a little, you could go take a math class, then get back to us. What you'll find is that the Bell Curve applies to all of us--not just to you. When I say my strategy did in fact provide positive results for its 4-year life, and because it worked just as I expected it would do I've been teaching it or a variation of it ever since, what's "mathematically impossible" here is that someone who claims to understand the math can't comprehend that my strategy simply falls within the totality of that Curve.

Face it kew. If anyone came on here and said they could go play video poker with a br of $57,200 and walk away with at least a $2500 profit, you'd be stupid to bet against such a thing. And this is even WITHOUT any particular type of strategy. Go ask TomSki, Dunbar, Shack or anybody else to run a RoR on that one. You'll see what I mean.
    Wait....THAT is the explanation? You just happen to be on the far, far positive side of the bell curve? Translation: Extremely lucky.

Ron, progressive wagering changes the distribution of wins and losses but not the total wins and losses. In this case you will end up with many small wins ($2500), but every so often, every 20 some trials, you will experience a loss of the entire $57k, wiping out all those wins. A progressive betting system can not overcome negative expectation. Proven mathematical fact.

Now you with these new adjusted numbers of total win of $375 you are trying to tell us that you have experiences 150 winning goals of $2500 (that would be 375k), while not experiencing any loses of the entire 57k bankroll, which again should occur every 20 some trials.

Far, far to the positive side of the bell curve? If this were true, it's like you are running 7 times the number of royals expected per cycle and claiming that is a legitimate system. The very least you can do is tell us exactly what incantation you need to recite to make the voodoo magic work like this.
    Falling within the positive confines of the Bell Curve is not a mathematical impossibility.

Yes, my play strategy was one that utilized having good luck as one of the keys. That's where the special plays that you write off because you don't understand them come into play--at least for some of the wins.

I feel like I'm going back to square one with this. $2500 was my win goal. I'll use the 150 sessions played example because it's pretty close to what I did. Of my winning sessions, the majority were between $2500-$3500. I did have losing sessions, $33,000 being the largest, and that's because of banking those soft profits, 40+ credit cash outs, and going down and up in denominations & game volatility that few people understand. IE, there were never any total wipeouts of $57,200. And, what most people overlook (probably on purpose) is that large session wins do occur, and they are overall larger than the losses. Oh....and royals are not 100% necessary for this strategy to work. Hits up in the higher denoms work just fine.

Falling within the positive confines of the Bell Curve is not a mathematical impossibility.

Yes, my play strategy was one that utilized having good luck as one of the keys. That's where the special plays that you write off because you don't understand them come into play--at least for some of the wins.

I feel like I'm going back to square one with this. $2500 was my win goal. I'll use the 150 sessions played example because it's pretty close to what I did. Of my winning sessions, the majority were between $2500-$3500. I did have losing sessions, $33,000 being the largest, and that's because of banking those soft profits, 40+ credit cash outs, and going down and up in denominations & game volatility that few people understand. IE, there were never any total wipeouts of $57,200. And, what most people overlook (probably on purpose) is that large session wins do occur, and they are overall larger than the losses. Oh....and royals are not 100% necessary for this strategy to work. Hits up in the higher denoms work just fine.
    Thank you Ron. "good luck is one of the keys".

My next question is back to Mickey. Same question I asked a while ago that you did not respond to. Mickey does you new found friendship with Singer have you vouching for this nonsense too? And would you care to comment on the mathematical nonsense that Singer just posted?

Thank you Ron. "good luck is one of the keys".

My next question is back to Mickey. Same question I asked a while ago that you did not respond to. Mickey does you new found friendship with Singer have you vouching for this nonsense too? And would you care to comment on the mathematical nonsense that Singer just posted?
    If you've been paying attention, neither mickey or axel believe my strategy works as I said it does.

If you've been paying attention, neither mickey or axel believe my strategy works as I said it does.
    ok, well thank you for that Ron. I think that is important to have on the record, Are you going to help me so maybe I can understand better?

BTW, is Redietz correct? is the GWAE interview definitely a no go? I debated whether I should contact Richard saying I would like to hear an interview with you. But I can't recommend that if I don't believe your story. That is why I wanted help getting there.

So have I posted any incorrect dates or numbers in the above timeline so far?

ok, well thank you for that Ron. I think that is important to have on the record, Are you going to help me so maybe I can understand better?

BTW, is Redietz correct? is the GWAE interview definitely a no go? I debated whether I should contact Richard saying I would like to hear an interview with you. But I can't recommend that if I don't believe your story. That is why I wanted help getting there.

So have I posted any incorrect dates or numbers in the above timeline so far?
    I don't know anything about the GWAE interview. Mickey posted that he told Dancer, who had little to say so far. My guess is Dancer wouldn't want to believe me even if I told him his real name. Just like you!

Now back to you Ron. Can we go over the time line again. And please correct anything I have incorrect. From either 2003 or 2004 (not sure which, please advise) through 2009 you played this double up glitch play to the tune of 3 million dollars? correct?

Prior to that for 4 years so either 1999 through 2003 or 2000 through 2004, you played the Singer system to the tune of $375k total winnings. Is that correct?

Prior to that for 6 years, so that would be 1994-2000 (or maybe 1993-1999), you attempted to AP, playing video poker but lost somewhere around 500k (going by memory, please correct). But you claim that was no big deal as that 500k was less than a years salary to you. Is this correct?

And finally, when did you stop working the job that paid you over 500k a year?

I will proceed with my point after you respond and correct any errors.

Now back to you Ron. Can we go over the time line again. And please correct anything I have incorrect. From either 2003 or 2004 (not sure which, please advise) through 2009 you played this double up glitch play to the tune of 3 million dollars? correct?

Prior to that for 4 years so either 1999 through 2003 or 2000 through 2004, you played the Singer system to the tune of $375k total winnings. Is that correct?

Prior to that for 6 years, so that would be 1994-2000 (or maybe 1993-1999), you attempted to AP, playing video poker but lost somewhere around 500k (going by memory, please correct). But you claim that was no big deal as that 500k was less than a years salary to you. Is this correct?

You didn't get anything right....again. You're asking these questions because you're frustrated at not being able to simply dismiss what I've done. If I could only watch you bite your fingernails.....

The DU "glitch" was played from Feb. 2004 to mid 2009. About 5-1/2 years. My profit was about $2.8million.

From Jan. 2000 through Jan. 2004 (4 yrs.) I played only my strategy, winning $375k.

From sometime in 1990 until sometime in 1996, I was a vp ap, losing about $45k/year on avg.

From 1996 to Jan. 2000, I did trials in my developing strategy while I worked. This took so long because I was out of the country 75% of the time.

I did not earn greater than $500k/yr. What I said was I set my win goal with the DU play at $10k/week on avg. because it was greater than I earned in my best earning year of work.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 05-20-2019 at 09:10 PM.

You didn't get anything right....again. You're asking these questions because you're frustrated at not being able to simply dismiss what I've done. If I could only watch you bite your fingernails.....

The DU "glitch" was played from Feb. 2004 to mid 2009. About 5-1/2 years. My profit was about $2.8million.

From Jan. 2000 through Jan. 2004 (4 yrs.) I played only my strategy, winning $375k.

From sometime in 1990 until sometime in 1996, I was a vp ap, losing about $45k/year on avg.

From 1996 to Jan. 2000, I did trials in my developing strategy while I worked. This took so long because I was out of the country 75% of the time.

I did not earn greater than $500k/yr. What I said was I set my win goal with the DU play at $10k/week because it was greater than I earned in my best earning year of work.

I didn't get anything right? Looks to me like I got the years of this latest claim correct. I mean you originally said 6 years and now are backing down to 5 1/2. And you originally said you won more than 3 million dollars, numerous times. I won't embarrass you by posting those quotes. We'll just let that go for now, but this is exactly the kind of thing that plays into credibility. Your numbers ALWAYS change.

Also looks like I had the years of the Singer system and amount $375k correct. So what are you saying I got nothing correct?

Ok, so I did not know the losing VP, AP years were not immediately preceding the Singer System years. Thank you for that correction. I am very curious to know exactly what you were doing for 6 years as a VP AP that resulted in 45k a year loss, but I don't want to get to side tracked right now.

So you have no winnings until 2000? In the decade of the 1990's you were a losing player, for 6 years 45k/year and worked for 4 years.

Where I was going with this was your financial history that is now known. And that is probably unfair that it is. That was someone else that uncovered that, but I did look into it as well. To quote you "it is what it is". So anyway I was trying to figure out why such a successful player and person (employment) filed for bankruptcy in the 1990's and had evictions and judgements against them, because that just doesn't seem to jive with such a successful player and person that you have painted. And you have sort of answered that. That was your losing gambler period.

So here is my recap. High end executive leaves his high paying job in 1990, at age 41 to pursue video poker Advantage play. For 6 years he loses on average 45k a year. There then is a 4 year period which I am still foggy about that he is back working a high paying job which requires extensive travel and "working on his system".

Next is a 4 year period in which playing his system which goes against all mathematical possibilities (which continues to this day), and yet by good variance or being on the extremely positive side of the bell curve, he makes $375k over 4 years.

Followed by he stumbles on to a computer glitch that allows him to earn now 2.8 million dollars over the next 5.5 years, at which time he announces his retirement from what are you calling it video poker play? advantage play? He then waits 10 years for the statute of limitations to expire and shares this experience with the world.

Hey, all seems to make perfect sense to me. Credible as hell!

That was sarcastic by the way, but I am going to send Munchkin and email right now encouraging him to have you on GWAE to tell your story and answer questions. If there is any possibility that this is true, he has a responsibility to have you on and at least allow people to decide for themselves whether you are credible or not.

So here is my recap. High end executive leaves his high paying job in 1990, at age 41 to pursue video poker Advantage play. For 6 years he loses on average 45k a year. There then is a 4 year period which I am still foggy about that he is back working a high paying job which requires extensive travel and "working on his system".

Next is a 4 year period in which playing his system which goes against all mathematical possibilities (which continues to this day), and yet by good variance or being on the extremely positive side of the bell curve, he makes $375k over 4 years.

Followed by he stumbles on to a computer glitch that allows him to earn now 2.8 million dollars over the next 5.5 years, at which time he announces his retirement from what are you calling it video poker play? advantage play? He then waits 10 years for the statute of limitations to expire and shares this experience with the world.

Hey, all seems to make perfect sense to me. Credible as hell!

That was sarcastic by the way, but I am going to send Munchkin and email right now encouraging him to have you on GWAE to tell your story and answer questions. If there is any possibility that this is true, he has a responsibility to have you on and at least allow people to decide for themselves whether you are credible or not.
    This is even funnier! You got nothing right in your last set of lies.....and you got even less right this time. Even after I made a half dozen corrections for you! Now I know--Im dealing with a stupid person!!

I did not earn greater than $500k/yr. What I said was I set my win goal with the DU play at $10k/week because it was greater than I earned in my best earning year of work.

I didn't get anything right? Looks to me like I got the years of this latest claim correct. I mean you originally said 6 years and now are backing down to 5 1/2. And you originally said you won more than 3 million dollars, numerous times. I won't embarrass you by posting those quotes. We'll just let that go for now, but this is exactly the kind of thing that plays into credibility. Your numbers ALWAYS change.

Also looks like I had the years of the Singer system and amount $375k correct. So what are you saying I got nothing correct?

Ok, so I did not know the losing VP, AP years were not immediately preceding the Singer System years. Thank you for that correction. I am very curious to know exactly what you were doing for 6 years as a VP AP that resulted in 45k a year loss, but I don't want to get to side tracked right now.

So you have no winnings until 2000? In the decade of the 1990's you were a losing player, for 6 years 45k/year and worked for 4 years.

Where I was going with this was your financial history that is now known. And that is probably unfair that it is. That was someone else that uncovered that, but I did look into it as well. To quote you "it is what it is". So anyway I was trying to figure out why such a successful player and person (employment) filed for bankruptcy in the 1990's and had evictions and judgements against them, because that just doesn't seem to jive with such a successful player and person that you have painted. And you have sort of answered that. That was your losing gambler period.
    You act like such a baby. You can't come to grips with this so you make 90% of everything up. I never said more than $3million. I worked all my life until 2000. There were no evictions or welfare, and the '96 bankruptcy that you're so infatuated with was a positive financial tool. I could buy you and your family out then and I could buy you and your family out now....and you know that. What I know is you cannot rest peacefully at night--anybody can see how rattled you are over this.

Stick around. Smart people keep busy. I'll figure out time travel next.

KJ, your zeal to punish Rob is causing you to misrepresent to many facts. He never said he made more than 3 million and you can't, repeat, can't find a quote of that. And he said five and a half. Quit making up your own facts. You are literally clutching at straws.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information