Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
Originally Posted by redietz View Post
Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
I remember when Rob announced his retirement from "professional video poker play" I blasted him with "Who in the hell would retire a winning system?" In hindsight, and knowing what I know now, Rob wasn't retiring from his system play, he did that in 2004 when he found the glitch. He was retiring from the game king glitch because it wasn't available anymore. He pretty much didn't need video poker anymore.

If it were me, and I was grinding out 100K a year working legitimate advantages, then found a glitch that made me 500K a year for several years, then the play ended, there would be no way I would go back to the regular grind. With my financial position at that point I would have little incentive to go back to a grind play.
And you, mickey, probably wouldn't publicly comment on an actual video poker AP's recent death by proclaiming "eat dirt" with his family reading and mourning, thereby getting axed by Gaming Today. Can't blow one's cover, eh?
I was one of the first to criticize Rob for that obit. But I don't think Rob was fired over that. If GT found it so offensive then why did they publish it? I think Chuck di Rocco relished the controversy that Rob brought. When he died of course now Rob is dealing with someone else with different ideas.

Nobody edited the columnists, mickey, if that's the question. If I had published a hundred columns there, I could have sneaked through one recommending devil worship. Unless you put it in the first or last paragraph, it wasn't going to get caught.

Gaming Today caught hell for that column.