Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 477

Thread: movie reco

  1. #421
    Alright Mr. Play.
    Here is another one.
    I watched about 30 minutes so far and it has been very intriguing.
    Hard to figure out entirely.
    They speak in riddles.
    But as always the story starts to unfold.
    Some really good quotes so far from the movie.

    "Women that sleep easy on trains are usually bitches"

    "I think he was a fan of Hitler during the Krieg"
    (I liked that one because they didn't say Blitz)

    "Is your husband bent, is he queer?"
    I didn't know it was so obvious.
    "I didn't say it was obvious."
    You don't like queers, is that it?
    "I don't have to, I'm not married to one!"

    lol lol lol great quips and dialog so far in this movie.

    Deadfall (1968)

    The Michael Caine Retrospective continues, Free on Youtube...


  2. #422
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Bravo Monet, this was quite a sleeper. Excellent movie - talk about flying under the radar. Too bad Ned Beatty just passed this June.
    Always fun to see Brosnan as the Antagonist.
    If he pushed that button he wipes them all out but he had to get cute and open the timer.
    Pretty good spy movie though... more realistic than most.
    The Sherlock Holmes movie is not as good.
    A bit too goofy and runs a little long.
    The kind of movie you have to enjoy to stick with.
    A good premise that needs to only run 45 minutes.
    Thanks for the Deadfall reco Monet. It's great that youtube has this repository of full length movies. I'll check it out. Yes, The Fourth Protocol is quite realistic relatively speaking. Unlike a lot of spy movies where the operative does whatever it takes to complete the mission (cyanide or what have you) - in the end, Brosnan's self-preservation (which is probably much closer to realistic) causes the mission to fail (as far as the nuclear detonation goes - not the promotions of the crooked top Brass which of course was their ultimate objective) since he doesn't detonate the nuke when he has the chance. It was great to see Max Headroom (Matt Frewer) make an appearance in the movie also.
    Anyhow, Michael Caine has been in quite a few excellent movies like the Prestige (where he was great). Heck, I even liked his role in Get Carter.

  3. #423
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    It was great to see Max Headroom (Matt Frewer) make an appearance in the movie also.
    Anyhow, Michael Caine has been in quite a few excellent movies like the Prestige (where he was great). Heck, I even liked his role in Get Carter.
    Good
    Good
    Good
    Catch!

    Come on now, Michael Caine is great in just about everything.
    Were gonna have to dig up all his movies.
    Even his small parts like playing the father of Nick Cage in The Weatherman is good enough.
    That movie is amazing.
    When he is going out to pick up the Chinese Food and he keeps thinking different random thoughts... So realistic lol.
    You forgot the Fucking Tartar Sauce lol lol lol... so real.
    Chinese Food... Tartar Sauce... doesn't make sense but the point is spot on.
    Women can be bitches.

    A really good movie you probably have already seen is King Rat (1965) with George Segal.
    Not free on youtube but I'm guessing you have a link.

  4. #424
    Just finished up Deadfall.
    First 1/3rd of the movie was Awesome.
    After that they took a downturn as movies do.
    Slow Going, Love Drama with some complicated issues.
    After that it got downright perverse but I suppose very edgy for 1968 Filmaking.
    Good Ending IMO.
    Overall... Great Movie but not sure it needs such a Sick Nazi Twist.
    Worth a re-watch or two for me to get more perspective probably fast forwarding the love scenes.
    I guess they were going for Shock Value and I think they succeeded but I would like to hear the Big Studio Executives in their meetings about this script.
    Must of been a bunch of resistance.

  5. #425
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Just finished up Deadfall.
    First 1/3rd of the movie was Awesome.
    After that they took a downturn as movies do.
    Slow Going, Love Drama with some complicated issues.
    After that it got downright perverse but I suppose very edgy for 1968 Filmaking.
    Good Ending IMO.
    Overall... Great Movie but not sure it needs such a Sick Nazi Twist.
    Worth a re-watch or two for me to get more perspective probably fast forwarding the love scenes.
    I guess they were going for Shock Value and I think they succeeded but I would like to hear the Big Studio Executives in their meetings about this script.
    Must of been a bunch of resistance.
    Thanks Monet - I may try and see the Caine movie Deathtrap (1982) as I don't recall seeing it, after I watch Deadfall.

  6. #426
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Thanks Monet - I may try and see the Caine movie Deathtrap (1982) as I don't recall seeing it, after I watch Deadfall.
    Pretty good movie if you get past the homosexual content.
    Hard for me to stomach a Gay Superman.
    Still worth a watch though.

  7. #427
    Speaking about Superman...


  8. #428
    So I went back to watch that scene in the Weatherman that I was talking about.
    Turns out I was wrong and it wasn't Chinese Food.
    I probably was thinking the girl looked a little Chinese when he is at the red light.
    Anyways, Still a Fucking Great Scene and very Underrated Movie.
    Tartar Sauce ("I wish I had two dicks") lol lol lol...

    Fucking Nick Cage is great.
    Two bad he screwed up all his dough lol.
    Happens.
    Living The Dream!


  9. #429
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    So I went back to watch that scene in the Weatherman that I was talking about.
    Turns out I was wrong and it wasn't Chinese Food.
    I probably was thinking the girl looked a little Chinese when he is at the red light.
    Anyways, Still a Fucking Great Scene and very Underrated Movie.
    Tartar Sauce ("I wish I had two dicks") lol lol lol...

    Fucking Nick Cage is great.
    Two bad he screwed up all his dough lol.
    Happens.
    Living The Dream!
    Based on the cast and your reco, I am planning to see this movie (Weather Man). Thanks for the heads up regarding Deathtrap - probably not even necessary for the movie plot, but that's a guess of course.

  10. #430
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Based on the cast and your reco, I am planning to see this movie (Weather Man). Thanks for the heads up regarding Deathtrap - probably not even necessary for the movie plot, but that's a guess of course.
    Surprised you never seen it.
    I think you'll enjoy it.
    Camel Toe!

  11. #431
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Based on the cast and your reco, I am planning to see this movie (Weather Man). Thanks for the heads up regarding Deathtrap - probably not even necessary for the movie plot, but that's a guess of course.
    Surprised you never seen it.
    I think you'll enjoy it.
    Camel Toe!
    Yes. I did see a Sound of Thunder at the theater that year. If you see it or have seen it, you'll likely be surprised that it made it into the theater - this one has straight to video written all over it.

  12. #432
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Yes. I did see a Sound of Thunder at the theater that year. If you see it or have seen it, you'll likely be surprised that it made it into the theater - this one has straight to video written all over it.
    Missed that one and never heard of it.
    Just looked it up.
    You would think a Ray Bradbury story would be better.
    I'm not a big Horror Fan but Edward Burns and Ben Kingsley would peak my interest.

  13. #433
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Yes. I did see a Sound of Thunder at the theater that year. If you see it or have seen it, you'll likely be surprised that it made it into the theater - this one has straight to video written all over it.
    Missed that one and never heard of it.
    Just looked it up.
    You would think a Ray Bradbury story would be better.
    I'm not a big Horror Fan but Edward Burns and Ben Kingsley would peak my interest.
    It's not bad Monet - absolutely on par with some of these Willis straight to video flicks like Mauraders. I would classify it more as sci-fi than horror (definitely not anywhere near as scary as Splice, the Species films or the Aliens franchise which I would classify as sci-fi/horror). Maybe it could be very roughly described as a The Time Machine knock-off, but there's plenty enough difference to make it worthwhile. By the way, if you've seen episodes of Ray Bradbury theater, there is an episode that also uses this story (I would rate that TV series as decent at best).
    It was not in the theater more than a week and I doubt (like 99.99% sure) it was nationally released. Basically, there's no reason not to see it.

  14. #434
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    So I went back to watch that scene in the Weatherman that I was talking about.
    Turns out I was wrong and it wasn't Chinese Food.
    I probably was thinking the girl looked a little Chinese when he is at the red light.
    Anyways, Still a Fucking Great Scene and very Underrated Movie.
    Tartar Sauce ("I wish I had two dicks") lol lol lol...

    Fucking Nick Cage is great.
    Two bad he screwed up all his dough lol.
    Happens.
    Living The Dream!
    I watched it on Putlocker. Extremely underrated as you posted above. When you see a movie like this, you're reminded that you shouldn't trust Rotten Tomatoes with anything. I'm sure Caine has dropped most of his accent in other films also, but this was the first one I remember (I had to watch a Dressed to Kill clip to confirm that he had his accent in that one since it had been 40 years since I last saw it and since he played a psychiatrist practicing state side). Very funny - excellent reco.

  15. #435
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    I watched it on Putlocker. Extremely underrated as you posted above. When you see a movie like this, you're reminded that you shouldn't trust Rotten Tomatoes with anything. I'm sure Caine has dropped most of his accent in other films also, but this was the first one I remember (I had to watch a Dressed to Kill clip to confirm that he had his accent in that one since it had been 40 years since I last saw it and since he played a psychiatrist practicing state side). Very funny - excellent reco.

  16. #436
    tableplay... you must of seen Adaptation (2002) right?
    If not, you got another Nick Cage movie to watch!

  17. #437
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    tableplay... you must of seen Adaptation (2002) right?
    If not, you got another Nick Cage movie to watch!
    Thanks Monet - I saw it when it came out, but at some point I would like to watch it again since the details have become vague due to the intervening years. I saw Cage in the Ghost Rider movies but they were fairly cheesy. I enjoyed Next and we can both relate to the casino scene early in the film.

  18. #438
    I suppose it is time for a DUNE discussion.
    I haven't seen the new version yet.
    I know for a fact that I am going to be in favor of the 1984 David Lynch version.
    Most likely this is age and nostalgia talking.
    I can tell by the previews that the new version is slow building but still all action and CGI.
    Whereas the 84 version is something unique and will never be replicated.
    I still get scared watching Dune (1984) even today.
    I'm not a big fan of all the witchcraft in the story.
    But I do respect the originality of David Lynch's version.
    Still, I will have to give Denis's version a chance since he did pretty good with Part 2 of Blade Runner.
    I'm just waiting for the movie to either be 2 dollars at Red Box or 10 dollars to buy the DVD.

  19. #439
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I suppose it is time for a DUNE discussion.
    I haven't seen the new version yet.
    I know for a fact that I am going to be in favor of the 1984 David Lynch version.
    Most likely this is age and nostalgia talking.
    I can tell by the previews that the new version is slow building but still all action and CGI.
    Whereas the 84 version is something unique and will never be replicated.
    I still get scared watching Dune (1984) even today.
    I'm not a big fan of all the witchcraft in the story.
    But I do respect the originality of David Lynch's version.
    Still, I will have to give Denis's version a chance since he did pretty good with Part 2 of Blade Runner.
    I'm just waiting for the movie to either be 2 dollars at Red Box or 10 dollars to buy the DVD.
    Arm yourself with some ad-blockers:
    https://putlocker-website.com/movie/dune-6752

    The new Dune movie is good IMHO. Like you said, part 2 of Blade runner was pretty good (loved the retro slow pacing not found in most of today's movies) and that is how it goes with the new Dune.

  20. #440
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    The new Dune movie is good IMHO. Like you said, part 2 of Blade runner was pretty good (loved the retro slow pacing not found in most of today's movies) and that is how it goes with the new Dune.
    Thanks for the link.
    I haven't figured out how to make those links work on my Smart TV.
    I'd like to hear your 1984 vs 2021 Opinion when you get the time.
    Thanks!
    EIGHTIES RULE by the way...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Identify poker movie
    By SLaPiNFuNK in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2021, 03:54 PM
  2. My Latest Movie Ratings
    By mr jjj in forum Movies, Media, and Television
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 04:05 AM
  3. The best Las Vegas movie scenes
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 05:55 PM
  4. Political undertones in The Ides of March movie
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Movies, Media, and Television
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 05:38 PM
  5. Discount Movie Theaters
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Movies, Media, and Television
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 07:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •