Originally Posted by monet View Post
Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
Thanks for the tip on Always Monet. I enjoy John Goodman's movies so I will check it out.

Best, tp.
I think the love of this movie will depend on the individual.
I have a sentimental attachment to it for many reasons.
I watched it over and over when I was 13 to 16 years old.
I enjoy Richard Dreyfuss in movies even though I think he worships the devil.
Can't prove that last statement but he is a Master Mason.
He was made a Master Mason "at sight" by the Grand Master of Masons of the District of Columbia at the Washington DC Scottish Rite building.

Anyways, I like his quirkiness on camera and it is usually the same sarcastic acting that he does.
The movie also hits home with me with the music and I always enjoyed that song by the Platters, Smoke gets in your eyes.
This movie is also heavily wrapped around Aviation which I enjoy tremendously.
Comedic Love Story with a young Holly Hunter who has great charisma and energy in the movie.
You also get a great scene with Audrey Hepburn and some nice camerawork.

I think most younger people won't enjoy the movie or it will be too slow and corny for them.
You either have to have a lot of attachments to this movie or just love watching movies.
An individual may have to be in the mood for this type or style of movie as well for it to resonate.
I could see how you could watch it today and be bored to tears and change the channel.
Perhaps 6 months later you are in a different mood and try again and love it.
You know how these things go.
Monet, I appreciate the excellent insight. Might I recommend The Great Waldo Pepper then if you haven't seen it. It has been many years since I watched this aviation classic. Unfortunately, as you know, Hollywood is full of devil worshipers and, as you also already know the things they do in the act of that worship are far beyond what we would call evil. I doubt a person can even become a big star in Hollywood unless they are compromised in this fashion. There is no need for me to get into specifics since you know exactly what I mean and have equal hatred of it.