Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
Exactly - you don't get to Liam's level without saying whatever you're told to say. I agree about TETRIS (thanks for bringing it to my attention) - they will probably make it overly slick, woke and hipsterized when the real events were almost certainly seedy and moralless.

Speaking of Liam, if you want a perfect example of someone who had to get totally woked out in order to keep working, look no further than Jerry O'Connell. In the mediocre sci-fi series Sliders he was an ordinary guy. But to keep working, he had to turn himself into Tinker Bell. I stumbled into this shit (not the particular example below, but the example below exemplifies the whole deal) while channel surfing (warning - this will make you totally sick to your stomach) - I couldn't believe it:
Well, they are "actors" so I tend to think they are playing a specific role in public to garner support and more work. I think the worst was Pauly Shore. When he did Rogan a few years ago he was constantly crying about how he doesn't "get" to do movies anymore and how much he misses it because it was the best time of his life. He cried on the whole podcast and when Kimmel made one stupid joke about him at the Oscars he got all serious and his feelings were hurt. I'm like, dude, you're a Fucking Comedian For Fucks Sake!! You're mother owned the Fucking Comedy Store and now you own it! Fuck! You made stupid fluff comedies anyways and got paid millions of dollars. Your life was handed to you for free!