Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: movie reco

Oh, I, just, thought to see that there was a movie called Fortune Teller, or something like it. Turns out that there is, and, with length, 30:43 ---> 343. Uncanny. Ha.

Enjoy!

Gottlob1
    Gold
    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder + Bill Yung + 1HitWonder ---> GOTTLOB1 = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/2023/08/blog-post.html

Heard good things about this one.
    I missed it long ago and actually never heard of it.
    The year that it came out kind of makes sense.
    I think this is the full movie, free on YouTube...
    THREADS (1984)

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    THREADS (1984)

Thanks for the reco Monet. I have not seen this movie and will watch it now.

THREADS (1984)
    It didn't make the rounds (and so was easy to miss) because this type of movie didn't appeal to the general audience. People who were even looking to see apocalyptic movies at all probably wanted to watch fictionalized and sensationalistic post-apocalyptic movies like Road Warrior back then (and there were many) rather than the hopeless grim reality that this movie expertly depicts. Such a scenario could easily play out and the movie was very accurate. We actually got a good dose of this during the Covid hysteria so it is easy to see that the movie was dead on in terms of accuracy.

As you know, The Road (Viggo Mortensen) is another movie in this vein which was very well executed and I was reminded of this movie when I watched Threads.
    I enjoyed the film and appreciate the reco.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    THREADS (1984)
    It didn't make the rounds (and so was easy to miss) because this type of movie didn't appeal to the general audience. People who were even looking to see apocalyptic movies at all probably wanted to watch fictionalized and sensationalistic post-apocalyptic movies like Road Warrior back then (and there were many) rather than the hopeless grim reality that this movie expertly depicts. Such a scenario could easily play out and the movie was very accurate. We actually got a good dose of this during the Covid hysteria so it is easy to see that the movie was dead on in terms of accuracy.

As you know, The Road (Viggo Mortensen) is another movie in this vein which was very well executed and I was reminded of this movie when I watched Threads.
    I enjoyed the film and appreciate the reco.
    Well, it was a European Movie it seems, and it felt like someone's Film Project while still in Film School.
    Not horrible but I found myself laughing many times throughout the movie as it was either overacting or overwriting, lol.
    Good Enough for a viewing to see what people were hyped up about but the movie fell flat as a movie.
    The message seemed to be to not to have unprotected fornication and to be careful or you might just get raped.
    I got flashes of 4 or 5 other movies while watching THREADS.
    I wouldn't call it essential viewing but it's good that I viewed it, so I can follow the conversation if it ever comes up.

Decided to watch all the Mission Impossible Movies
    Ok, as discussed earlier, putlocker finally released the HD version of MI7, so I watched it (Oppenheimer is still not available in HD). I noticed that about 95% of the dialogue in this movie follows the following format for a given movie scene:
    Character 1: Part 1 of some point getting made
    Character 2: Immediate cut to Part 2 of the point getting made started by Character 1
    Character 3: Immediate cut to Part 3 of the point getting made started by Character 1
    etc. until the point is laid out.
    It's like a round table discussion where someone makes a verbal bullet point, followed instantaneously by the next character continuing that point and so on until that point complete and laid out.
    Sort of like the Three Stooges except with more than three characters oftentimes (Hello!,Hello!!,Hello !!! . ... Hello! - except each hello is a successive portion of the point).
    Cutting edge stunt and action scenes (chases and combat) make it worth the watch in and of itself. Looking forward to the completion of the series in MI8 (or at least the completion of Tom's 8 films, before they start the next installments with Tom's woke, female replacement).
    Thanks for MI7 heads-up.
    Last edited by tableplay; 10-25-2023 at 10:45 PM.

On this weeks new episode of "As the Faggot Turns", Tableplay secretly pokes a hole in the bottom of a tub of popcorn and sticks his little 2" pee pee in it, hoping that Monet will eat enough popcorn to get to the bottom of it. Which his fat ass will undoubtedly do.

RIP, Monet. Ha.
    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    On this weeks new episode of "As the Faggot Turns", Tableplay secretly pokes a hole in the bottom of a tub of popcorn and sticks his little 2" pee pee in it, hoping that Monet will eat enough popcorn to get to the bottom of it. Which his fat ass will undoubtedly do.
    More homosexual fantasies from VCT's biggest faggot.

Decided to watch all the Mission Impossible Movies
    Ok, as discussed earlier, putlocker finally released the HD version of MI7, so I watched it (Oppenheimer is still not available in HD). I noticed that about 95% of the dialogue in this movie follows the following format for a given movie scene:
    Character 1: Part 1 of some point getting made
    Character 2: Immediate cut to Part 2 of the point getting made started by Character 1
    Character 3: Immediate cut to Part 3 of the point getting made started by Character 1
    etc. until the point is laid out.
    It's like a round table discussion where someone makes a verbal bullet point, followed instantaneously by the next character continuing that point and so on until that point complete and laid out.
    Sort of like the Three Stooges except with more than three characters oftentimes (Hello!,Hello!!,Hello !!! . ... Hello! - except each hello is a successive portion of the point).
    Cutting edge stunt and action scenes (chases and combat) make it worth the watch in and of itself. Looking forward to the completion of the series in MI8 (or at least the completion of Tom's 8 films, before they start the next installments with Tom's woke, female replacement).
    Thanks for MI7 heads-up.
    I find it funny that MI8 Part I is the movie that broke me and my movie going experience.
    This movie literally proved to me that I will most likely never go back to the theater again.
    The only reason that I ever go to the movies again will be because I am homeless and it's a good place to sleep.
    MI8 Part I ran way too long and I hardly ever say that about movies as I like long runtimes on my movies.
    I have no interest in seeing part 2 of part 8.
    The 8-minute, behind the scenes motorcycle jump, on YouTube, was all that was needed, in hindsight for me.
    This movie literally made me realize that going to see Oppenheimer would be a bad decision.
    I did not want to sit in the IMAX for 3 hours listening to Robert Downey Jr. and Matt Damon fake me through it.
    And from my understanding the movie was political garbage about after the war instead of actually constructing the bomb.
    Constructing the bomb would have been far more interesting to me.
    These actors have soured modern day movies for me if they actually make a good one going forward which I doubt they will.
    90% or more of them have shown their true colors with their woke bullshit or covid bullshit.
    I see no reason to be entertained by them anymore.
    They not only killed all the good writing and acting but they completely killed any and all illusions that they used to have over me.
    My case in point is the Killers of the Flower Moon.
    That Fucking Movie looks horrible, and I'll wait till it's free or maybe a 2-dollar rental... maybe.
    My movie going experience is me at home either watching one of my dvd collection which is over 500 dvds or me trying to find some obscure movie that I haven't seen which is most of what I do now.
    I do find it fun to find a movie from the 60s - 90s that I missed but I've seen a high percentage of them.

And from my understanding the movie was political garbage about after the war instead of actually constructing the bomb.
    That's disappointing to hear, I was hoping it would be about how Oppenheimer gathered all the great minds together and the race to construct the bomb before the Germans (and Russians) as you wrote above. There's almost certainly some documentaries out there that probably do a great job of going over the recruitment and technical aspects of contruction and maybe even some entertaining movie(s) made in the past that cover that time period.

That's disappointing to hear, I was hoping it would be about how Oppenheimer gathered all the great minds together and the race to construct the bomb before the Germans (and Russians) as you wrote above. There's almost certainly some documentaries out there that probably do a great job of going over the recruitment and technical aspects of contruction and maybe even some entertaining movie(s) made in the past that cover that time period.
    I've got my hopes up for Ridley Scott and his version of Napoleon, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I doubt it can outdo the Waterloo version with Rod Steiger as I have mentioned a few times in the past.
    It makes no sense to watch it at the movie theater as the runtime will be about 2 and a half hours.
    I have Apple TV and when it is released on Apple it will be the 4 and a half hour directors cut, so why would I go watch the watered-down version??
    But I read that this will be an additional 2 hours about Josephine so that could drag on and get boring.
    I would still rather watch the entire 4-and-a-half-hour version first to compare to the edited version.

I've got my hopes up for Ridley Scott and his version of Napoleon, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I doubt it can outdo the Waterloo version with Rod Steiger as I have mentioned a few times in the past.
    It makes no sense to watch it at the movie theater as the runtime will be about 2 and a half hours.
    I have Apple TV and when it is released on Apple it will be the 4 and a half hour directors cut, so why would I go watch the watered-down version??
    But I read that this will be an additional 2 hours about Josephine so that could drag on and get boring.
    I would still rather watch the entire 4-and-a-half-hour version first to compare to the edited version.
    Hopefully the 4.5 hour version will appear on putlocker so I can watch it, otherwise I will just watch the 2 hour version on putlocker - thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to Bladerunner 2099 since I thought Bladerunner 2049 was excellent. Luckily Ridley has enough clout to pace the movies he makes at early 80's levels rather than the fast-cut woke pace that younger directors either like to invoke or are forced to invoke by their studios.

Hopefully the 4.5 hour version will appear on putlocker so I can watch it, otherwise I will just watch the 2 hour version on putlocker - thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to Bladerunner 2099 since I thought Bladerunner 2049 was excellent. Luckily Ridley has enough clout to pace the movies he makes at early 80's levels rather than the fast-cut woke pace that younger directors either like to invoke or are forced to invoke by their studios.
    I rented 3 movies from Redbox the other day.

The Call of the Wild:
    This was more for the family because I knew that it was basically CGI and Woke.
    We didn't make it too far before I turned it off.
    Really bad version and I'm guessing Jack London is rolling around in his grave.

Strays:
    Got this for the family again and thought we could laugh.
    I did laugh throughout this movie.
    It's a little woke where the white girl is bad but the black girl is good.
    But the movie is raunchy.
    Way too raunchy for a dog talking comedy.
    I didn't understand why it had to be so vulgar and never-ending vulgarity throughout the movie.
    Kind of ruined it for me but like I say... it had enough "funny" moments for one viewing.
    I guess an argument could be made that they are Street Dogs and meant to be tough and vulgar.
    The problem is that they were basically Fake Strays or Fake Street Tough... they were really just house dogs in the end.

Kandahar:
    Figured this would be the best movie of the three.
    It was ok but once again it was woke or diversified.
    I skipped some of the long-drawn-out emotional parts that were unnecessary.
    The other movie did it better that we already watched called The Covenant by Guy Ritchie.
    The Covenant story and acting was far better and in my opinion, the stories are damn near identical.

The Call of the Wild:

Strays:
    I didn't understand why it had to be so vulgar and never-ending vulgarity throughout the movie.
    Kind of ruined it for me but like I say... it had enough "funny" moments for one viewing.
    I guess an argument could be made that they are Street Dogs and meant to be tough and vulgar.
    The problem is that they were basically Fake Strays or Fake Street Tough... they were really just house dogs in the end.

Kandahar:
    The other movie did it better that we already watched called The Covenant by Guy Ritchie.
    The Covenant story and acting was far better and in my opinion, the stories are damn near identical.
    Thanks for the info and synopses on these three movies. I don't recall seeing them. Up next for me, for nostalgia and continuity, will be Expendables 4 - I imagine it will as awful as the previous 3.

The Call of the Wild:

Strays:

Kandahar:
    Thanks for the info and synopses on these three movies. I don't recall seeing them. Up next for me, for nostalgia and continuity, will be Expendables 4 - I imagine it will as awful as the previous 3.

Speaking of Expdendables 4 - it looks like there is a documentary about Silvester Stallone in the theaters called Sly. I don't have any plans to see it, but I am guessing it won't mention the allegations regarding him and his deceased bodyguard.
    Name:  0dEGik2.png
Views: 95
Size:  26.9 KB
    Name:  0dEGik2.png
Views: 95
Size:  26.9 KB

It turned out that Expendables 4 was about as awful as I expected. Looking forward to 5.

It turned out that Expendables 4 was about as awful as I expected. Looking forward to 5.
    Chris Pine and Ben Foster team up again to give us The Contractor (2022).
    I never heard of it but caught it yesterday afternoon and figured this might be up tableplay's alley.
    Plenty of plot holes or flaws if you care about that sort of thing but solid enough for a viewing.
    I was kind of into it.
    It kept me engrossed and entertained.
    I like this kind of movie because it shows way more realism compared to something like John Wick or The Expendables.
    I can relate to this movie more.
    I like how they mixed in a Plannedemic or Scamdemic Scheme into it.
    They glossed over it, but it wasn't hard to catch or understand.
    They just kept it sort of subtle.
    It's really hard to find a decent movie these days but this one worked for me.

I never heard of it but caught it yesterday afternoon and figured this might be up tableplay's alley.
    Plenty of plot holes or flaws if you care about that sort of thing but solid enough for a viewing.
    I was kind of into it.
    I like this kind of movie because it shows way more realism compared to something like John Wick or The Expendables.
    Looks great, I'm in. Thanks for the reco.

I was kind of into it.
    As you wrote there were plenty of flaws. One of the biggest was when they sniped the doctor that was caring for Captain Kirk in Germany. Obviously when the assassination team went into the house to take out Captain Kirk, they would not have had the whole team enter the house so that the entire team could conveniently get blown up in the propane explosion - some of the team would be held out for observance duties and communication with their superiors if something went wrong. Anyway, Matt Damon was too old for this new Jason Bourne type takeoff so they used Captain Kirk since he is the right age for this Bourne-like reboot. The movie was very entertaining and I look forward to the next installment if there is one. Thanks again for the reco.
    Another movie I am looking forward to is the sequel to The Accountant. I really enjoyed the first one.

Thread Information