Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: movie reco

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Thanks Monet - it looks like Bruce Willis has gone the straight to video route for the most part. Good move for him probably.
    The story seems to be that he is difficult to work with.
    He seems to be using the same playbook that Nick Cage uses.
    Although, I don't think Willis has the same problem with the irs.
    As far as all his straight to dvd movies go, this one about Venice Beach, wasn't that bad.
    Very similar to the Whole Nine Yards.
    Dude really changed since his Moonlighting days . . .
    Anyhow, since it is like Whole Nine Yards (and free) I will watch it.
    Thanks Monet.

reco. The Hunter (Steve Mcqueen). Recoed because of the scenery and people of various urban locales that can never be again. A Period Piece. For those looking for more in terms of plot and depth, look elsewhere. Many of you have probably already seen this, so disregard this reco in that case.

reco. The Hunter (Steve Mcqueen). Recoed because of the scenery and people of various urban locales that can never be again. A Period Piece. For those looking for more in terms of plot and depth, look elsewhere. Many of you have probably already seen this, so disregard this reco in that case.
    Seen this movie a few times over the years.
    Good Movie.
    Good Reco.

I'm about halfway through this podcast that I'll post here because it is movie related.
    Tarantino made some good movies but I don't worship him like the masses do.
    I'd say he has 5 solid movies that he wrote/directed.
    I don't get all the accolades for his latest movie about Alternate History.
    I give him respect for making that movie in todays climate though.
    Entertaining enough but I guess I like my historical movies to be somewhat accurate.
    Tarantino also has some horrible opinions about 80s movies, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Harvey Weinstein and some other topics.
    He literally enjoys a movie about a guy masturbating to slasher movie scenes.
    Very Twisted IMO.

I haven't listened to the complete interview but I will.
    I just don't agree with many issues that Tarantino brings up or answers.
    I don't think Tarantino understands comedies.
    I don't believe Joe Rogan really watches these movies or knows what he is talking about.
    He may have watched them once but he is far too busy to watch these movies over and over again.
    He basically screws up this interview like he did with Oliver Stone.
    Rogan claimed that Pulp Fiction fucked him up after he viewed it.
    I don't believe that for one second.

#1675 - Quentin Tarantino

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5cdu4y60lq6QXyUbhMpVWH

Alright... finished this podcast/interview with Tarantino.
    After the first the last 2 hours was much better than the first hour.
    Decent enough but seemed a bit shallow to me but that's just my opinion.

Alright... finished this podcast/interview with Tarantino.
    After the first the last 2 hours was much better than the first hour.
    Decent enough but seemed a bit shallow to me but that's just my opinion.
    Thanks Monet. I'll check it out on https://ogjre.com/episode/1675-quentin-tarantino (I don't have a spotify account).
    I totally agree with you that this guy is overhyped (perhaps moreso than anyone in Hollyweird).
    Last edited by tableplay; 06-30-2021 at 06:36 AM.

Haven't seen this for a few years but caught it on the Magum Channel.
    One of the lost or underrated westerns comparable to the Wild Bunch.

Oliver Reed
    Gene Hackman
    Murphy Brown

in....

Haven't seen this for a few years but caught it on the Magum Channel.
    One of the lost or underrated westerns comparable to the Wild Bunch.

Oliver Reed
    Gene Hackman
    Murphy Brown

in....

Thanks Monet. Here is a new podcast where Timothy Nguyen is a guest and where the topic of the podcast is Eric Weinstein again. I enjoyed his eigenbros podcast and the other one he did that I had linked to here on VCT as I mentioned earlier. This one seems pretty good too however there is overlap with regards to the points Timothy made in the other podcasts.

Thanks Monet. Here is a new podcast where Timothy Nguyen is a guest and where the topic of the podcast is Eric Weinstein again. I enjoyed his eigenbros podcast and the other one he did that I had linked to here on VCT as I mentioned earlier. This one seems pretty good too however there is overlap with regards to the points Timothy made in the other podcasts.
    I'll have to give this podcast a go.

What do you do when you don't want to face a demolished bathroom in your own home?
    You bring on some Payne and get the Fear with a Triple Noir Feature!
    Tell me that John Payne and Robert Mitchum aren't identical twins!?
    See pictures below and compare.
    Ok... Payne is more of the pretty boy but damn close and they sound similar too, IMO that is.

Boiled Harder than an Egg!!
    "I like Danish Girls too... I like them a lot."

We start with the more obscure flick, Hidden Fear, right before John Payne made the transition to television.
    The reviews were bad but getting a free trip to Denmark has to be good.
    Decent enough movie and I enjoyed the backdrop.

The second film is probably the best and certainly the more popular...
    99 River Street with John Payne.

Notice the Censor Certification on the third film: Sudden Fear.
    We tip our hat over to "Mommy Dearest" aka Joan Crawford!
    And who doesn't like Jack Palance?
    He's a low down Yankee Liar... Prove It!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by monet; 07-17-2021 at 03:31 AM.

I'll have to give this podcast a go.

What do you do when you don't want to face a demolished bathroom in your own home?
    You bring on some Payne and get the Fear with a Triple Noir Feature!
    Tell me that John Payne and Robert Mitchum aren't identical twins!?
    See pictures below and compare.
    Ok... Payne is more of the pretty boy but damn close and they sound similar too, IMO that is.

Boiled Harder than an Egg!!
    "I like Danish Girls too... I like them a lot."

We start with the more obscure flick, Hidden Fear, right before John Payne made the transition to television.
    The reviews were bad but getting a free trip to Denmark has to be good.
    Decent enough movie and I enjoyed the backdrop.

The second film is probably the best and certainly the more popular...
    99 River Street with John Payne.

Notice the Censor Certification on the third film: Sudden Fear.
    We tip our hat over to "Mommy Dearest" aka Joan Crawford!
    And who doesn't like Jack Palance?
    He's a low down Yankee Liar... Prove It!
    Thanks for the movie recos Monet (with the remodel, the armchair quarterback suggests breaking up the job into the smallest steps possible - obviously easier said than done;-)). I'm glad to hear you will listen to the podcast. I especially enjoyed the journalist host who interviewed Timothy (Timothy did his usual great job of getting the facts out there) because he's old school and doesn't sugercoat anything. As you may have noticed, Eric Weinstein is making less Youtube appearances ever since Timothy expertly debunked the Geometric Unity TOE. Obviously Eric didn't think anyone who is an expert at Gauge theory would take a close look at his proposed TOE as I think I had mentioned in an earlier post.

Hollywood seems to go with certain facial characteristics safely proven to bring in box office revenues it seems, and so all these lookalikes are a result (like famous actor David Paymer and VCT member Ron Singer ;-)).

With that in mind, might as well throw Kevin Spacey into the Mitchum/Payne dobbleganger mix:
    Name:  gvz1Dkc.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  22.9 KB

(with the remodel, the armchair quarterback suggests breaking up the job into the smallest steps possible - obviously easier said than done;-)).
    When I read the statistics that stated 75% of tiled showers fail, it scrambled my brains.
    Hard to push forward knowing that 3 out of 4 attempts will end in failure and that includes professional installation.
    It makes a good case for one piece solid surface shower bases and walls.

(with the remodel, the armchair quarterback suggests breaking up the job into the smallest steps possible - obviously easier said than done;-)).
    When I read the statistics that stated 75% of tiled showers fail, it scrambled my brains.
    Hard to push forward knowing that 3 out of 4 attempts will end in failure and that includes professional installation.
    It makes a good case for one piece solid surface shower bases and walls.
    It is hard to beat a solid surface wet area. If you go that route I would recommend you have it installed. There are a lot of nuances with the different materials. Plus the labor cost is usually irrelevant to the price of material.

Your failure statistics is why I like using a preformed base with a tile walled shower.

I am doing tile because it is what I want at this time.. Will be using a large format tile.

After going down the 9/11 Rabbit Hole you might as well take a trip to the Moon!

Do you like Elliot Gould?
    Do you like OJ Simpson in a movie?
    Do you have your doubts about actually landing on the moon?
    Have you realized that you have been constantly lied to from birth?
    If so, this movie might be of interest and its free on YouTube.

Capricorn One (1977)

Last edited by monet; 09-12-2021 at 04:05 AM.

Still want to take a trip to the moon??
    Do you like Conspiracy Theories?
    This documentary might be for you.

American Moon (2017)

Thanks for the recos Monet. I enjoyed Capricorn One back in the day when I saw it (much better than Saturn 3). And of course Diamonds are Forever seemed to imply a couple of things about the moon landing as well. I will watch American Moon.
    Cheers, TP.

Thanks for the recos Monet. I enjoyed Capricorn One back in the day when I saw it (much better than Saturn 3). And of course Diamonds are Forever seemed to imply a couple of things about the moon landing as well. I will watch American Moon.
    Cheers, TP.
    I thought the 100mph Car Scene in Capricorn One was Hilarious.
    I thought Telly Savalas stole the show and the ending flight chase was the best part of the movie.
    I was really disappointed in the ending.
    That movie didn't deserve the Happy Ending.
    Leave Happy Endings to the Massage Parlors.

I haven't finished American Moon just yet.
    Lots of slow information in the first 30 minutes but it is interesting how they showcase the impossible odds.
    No matter what side you believe, the documentary still has plenty of undisputable information to digest.
    Personally, I never cared or believed one way or the other but the more I look into it the more I tend to think the Moon Landing was Faked.
    But six missions and 12 men seems like a lot of Faking to do if it was Faked.
    Not sure how it matters one way or the other?
    I think the point is that we all know the Government constantly lies to us.
    This would just be another lie and it wouldn't bother me one way or the other.
    Last edited by monet; 09-12-2021 at 03:05 PM.

I think the point is that we all know the Government constantly lies to us.
    This would just be another lie and it wouldn't bother me one way or the other.
    Yes. Proven lies such as the Gulf of Tonkin Incident and the Tuskegee syphilis study.

Still want to take a trip to the moon??
    Do you like Conspiracy Theories?
    This documentary might be for you.

American Moon (2017)
    I enjoyed American Moon Monet, thanks for the reco. I would say that completely dismissing the idea that we didn't land on the moon is myopic. After learning from the movie of the very strange resignations of top NASA officials (Webb for example) and astronaut, along with the unbroken circumscribing of the moon's mountain ranges with respect to the landing spot of the lunar lander there is food for thought here. All of the technical setbacks and the fatalities also add to speculation. So yeah we probably landed on the moon, but shutting the door on a hoax is not warranted here IMHO.

Just finished a good movie that could of been Great but of course PC Culture and some Hollywood Executive Fucked it all up.
    Still worth a viewing.
    The Preview of this movie is pretty outstanding.

My gripes are somewhat minor.
    You don't have to push the PC Bullshit down our throats with the whitest white guy in love with some black girl with massive braids.
    You don't have to put some Mexicans in the movie and use the word Brown just because its being pushed these days.
    Just stick to the subject material which is living life and having to deal with struggle, loss and death.
    Supposed to end this movie with the flyover scenery.
    The way they ended this film isn't going to win over the naysayers.
    Those people haven't lived long enough to relate to the subject material.
    The people who enjoy this type of movie want it to be dark and depressing and they want it to end dark or ambiguous.

East of the Mountains (2021)

I may have mentioned this movie before but I'm not going to look back through 17 pages to make sure.
    After watching East of the Mountains it made me want to watch this movie and post about it.

Rancho Deluxe (1975)

Good Movie
    Good Actors
    Interesting Final Scene/Ending
    Any movie featuring the arcade version of Pong has got to be A OK in my book.

Thanks for the recos Monet. I'll check them out.
    Best, TP.

Thread Information