Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: movie reco

Also a much younger Jimmy Buffett wrote and performed the Rancho Deluxe soundtrack.

It’s more of the country style music he started his career with before hitting it big with the beach stuff which make him famous and rich with an estimated net worth of $600 million.

After watching East of the Mountains I felt unsatisfied as the ending disappointed me.
    I fixed that problem with watching a much more dark and depressing movie.
    I was silent through most of the movie.
    I prefer a movie with proper language and subtitles.
    I hate it when you have a movie set in Russia and they all speak perfect English lol.
    This movie can be difficult to watch.

It wouldn't be hard for America to slip into some form of concentration camps for the unvaccinated.
    I heard California just made it a law that you can't go to many public places without your papers.
    Welcome to the New Nazi Germany.
    Many of you people will be ratting on your neighbors in the near future... Nicely Done.
    Remember... when you See Something, Say Something.

The Auschwitz Report (2021)

I'm pretty sure I talked about this movie before but if you want to get on a Nazi Germany Concentration Camp Kick this movie is based on a True Story and well done.
    It also helps you realize how much counterfeit money is most likely in circulation, even today.

The Counterfeiters (2007)

Might as follow it up with this one that I watched a few years ago but never mentioned
    Supposed to be another true story.
    I recall some CGI that I didn't care for and the movie isn't as good as the last two but it is on the same theme.

The Captain (2017)

Thanks Monet. Counterfeiters sounds like the most intriguing amongst this very interesting set of concentration camp recos (I'm sure we both agree that The Great Escape is one of the best of this genre even though it wasn't anywhere near as dark as many of the genre).

Edit:whoops The Great Escape was a POW camp not a concentration camp.
    Last edited by tableplay; 10-06-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Thanks Monet. Counterfeiters sounds like the most intriguing amongst this very interesting set of concentration camp recos (I'm sure we both agree that The Great Escape is one of the best of this genre even though it wasn't anywhere near as dark as many of the genre).

Edit:whoops The Great Escape was a POW camp not a concentration camp.
    lol... Yeah I'd say The Great Escape is a great movie but more like Hogan's Heroes.
    Oddly enough, Hogan's Heroes is based off a more serious movie which of course is Stalag 17.
    Both Great Movies and the TV Show has plenty of entertainment and humor.
    The 1981 movie VICTORY is on similar lines with the Great Escape.
    We can list other movies that coincide.

These other movies are a different breed, IMO that is.
    Very Dark and seem very realistic.

Adam Resurrected (2008) is more on par with these but perhaps a bit softer in its approach.
    Dafoe making Goldblum his dog is worth the price of admission.
    IMO this is probably the best acting I ever seen from Jeff Goldblum.
    Perfect Character/Story for his style.

In the same year Viggo Mortensen gave us a similar theme with the movie GOOD.
    That movie deals with how quickly society can break down and spiral out of control.
    I don't like the guy's character because he is leaving his wife and kids for a younger woman but it is realistic.
    He also has a mother who is on the verge of death and in pain trying to kill herself with pain pills.
    Makes Sense, yet again but you know... dark and twisted subject matter.
    And of course he has a long time friend who is Jewish and who refuses to leave Germany while he still has the chance to get out.
    The movie is disturbing but I like how they tie in the ending/final scene.

These two movies are nowhere near as dark as the other three mentioned above.
    Interesting Note is that these two movies are fictional and the other three are based on true stories and real people.
    That's pretty scary when you think about it because real life seems 100x worse than dark fiction.

Last edited by monet; 10-07-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Great recos Monet, I think I might have seen Good, but I don't remember for sure. I will definitely get Adam Resurrected downloaded as I have not seen that (along with Counterfeiters). I downloaded East of the Mountains and Rancho Deluxe so they are ready to go.

Yes I vividly remember seeing Victory and really enjoyed it (sort of a soccer version of Longest Yard, but not really ;-)).

Anyone who enjoys the moon and sci-fi should watch "Moon."

What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Anyone who enjoys the moon and sci-fi should watch "Moon."
    Yes that was a good one.

Alright tableplay.
    This movie should be up your alley.
    It should check all the boxes.
    About as much gore as a John Wick movie.
    Complicated enough with plenty of Allegory.
    They have a subtitled or dubbed version depending on your preference.

The Platform (2019)

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Alright tableplay.
    This movie should be up your alley.
    It should check all the boxes.
    About as much gore as a John Wick movie.
    Complicated enough with plenty of Allegory.
    They have a subtitled or dubbed version depending on your preference.

The Platform (2019)
    Thanks Monet. I'll download it and check it out. BTW I liked season 1 of the Goliath series (Amazon) with Billy Bob Thornton. You may find the dark humor which emerges from time to time in the episodes enjoyable.
    Last edited by tableplay; 10-21-2021 at 07:46 PM.

If Trump was on set, making a movie/tv show, would it be considered an accident if he shot and killed someone with a "prop" gun?
    I'm pretty sure he would be crucified on social media and the mainstream news.
    However, since this is Alec Baldwin, everyone seems to give him a pass.
    SNL would certainly do a skit about this if it happened to Trump but I doubt they make fun of Alec.
    Kill the Bear!!

Last edited by monet; 10-22-2021 at 02:37 PM.

If Trump was on set, making a movie/tv show, would it be considered an accident if he shot and killed someone with a "prop" gun?
    I'm pretty sure he would be crucified on social media and the mainstream news.
    However, since this is Alec Baldwin, everyone seems to give him a pass.
    SNL would certainly do a skit about this if it happened to Trump but I doubt they make fun of Alec.
    Kill the Bear!!

Yes it's a very unusual outcome not to have consequences for throwing a temper tantrum on set and shooting someone dead with a pistol. It was millions to one to have all those swing states change over night in lock step when Trump went to bed during the 2020 presidential election of the United States. I just read that some Marine is suing Walmart because he was prescribed Ivermectin by his doctor and Walmart would not fill the prescription. He had to go to the feed store to get horse Ivermectin. They're pretty much in our face about all of it now - they know we know and they don't give a shit.
    Unfortunately (and on a different note) the English subtitles don't show up for The Platform and my Spanish is not so good, but the movie seems to be quite creative and I have enjoyed the first half hour of it. I will watch the remainder piece meal due to the subtitles. Thanks again.

Unfortunately (and on a different note) the English subtitles don't show up for The Platform and my Spanish is not so good, but the movie seems to be quite creative and I have enjoyed the first half hour of it. I will watch the remainder piece meal due to the subtitles. Thanks again.
    That's crazy talk lol.
    Maybe wait till you can get the subs or the dubs.
    Some of the scenes I had a difficult time with because I'm not into gore but I enjoyed the concept.
    Last edited by monet; 10-23-2021 at 10:35 AM.

That's crazy talk lol.
    Maybe wait till you can get the subs or the dubs.
    Some of the scenes I had a difficult time with because I'm not into gore but I enjoyed the concept.
    Yes, there's probably some site that has it recorded verbatim (cam of the movie taken from some North American or English theater etc.).

Good News Everybody.
    It's a Wrap!!
    John Wick 4 Release date expected on May 27, 2022

Good News Everybody.
    It's a Wrap!!
    John Wick 4 Release date expected on May 27, 2022
    Thanks Monet. I am hoping your wife and uncle will give it a 2nd chance.

I'll never be able to finish John Wick 3 but I watched this just now and thought it was better than all the negative reviews.
    (IMDB 5.5 out of 10 Stars seems a bit low)
    Certainly one of the better Bruce Willis B Movies.
    Law & Order meets Bruce Willis I suppose.
    You also get a little Blade Runner 2049 Bonus.
    Hold the Garlic!

On the negative side they spent about 15 Million Dollars to get back 3.3 Million.
    Not sure who is cheating who but its obviously some sort of 15 Million Dollar Scam.

Marauders (2016)

Last edited by monet; 10-28-2021 at 04:43 AM.

I'll never be able to finish John Wick 3 but I watched this just now and thought it was better than all the negative reviews.
    (IMDB 5.5 out of 10 Stars seems a bit low)
    Certainly one of the better Bruce Willis B Movies.
    Law & Order meets Bruce Willis I suppose.
    You also get a little Blade Runner 2049 Bonus.
    Hold the Garlic!

On the negative side they spent about 15 Million Dollars to get back 3.3 Million.
    Not sure who is cheating who but its obviously some sort of 15 Million Dollar Scam.

Marauders (2016)
    thanks for the reco Monet. With movies being mostly a niche hobby nowadays that people like us watch, the stars of the 90s and 80s are mostly doing the straight to video stuff like this. I saw part of a direct to video movie with Nicolas Cage called Prisoners of the Ghostland which was basically unwatchable.

Watched a surprisingly good Korean action / adventure film loosely based on Sergio Leone's masterpiece: "The Good, The Bad, The Weird."

What, Me Worry?

Thread Information