Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: movie reco

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Cheers M8 - I'll check it out, if I can putlocker it;never heard of it before. I watched some more of Mordecai and still can't reco it. Will watch the rest later.
    New Ingram drop, if you're interested and not already watching it
    Do you just listen to the time stamps that you want to listen to?
    Every one of his videos are 8 hours or more.
    That's a lot to invest!
    After October 14th I'm not sure I'll be around anymore lol.
    I'll be inside that stupid golf game all day and all night.
    That would actually be a good spot to listen to 8 hour podcasts.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Cheers M8 - I'll check it out, if I can putlocker it;never heard of it before. I watched some more of Mordecai and still can't reco it. Will watch the rest later.
    New Ingram drop, if you're interested and not already watching it
    Do you just listen to the time stamps that you want to listen to?
    Every one of his videos are 8 hours or more.
    That's a lot to invest!
    After October 14th I'm not sure I'll be around anymore lol.
    I'll be inside that stupid golf game all day and all night.
    That would actually be a good spot to listen to 8 hour podcasts.
    I doze off in spots. If the time stamps are available (i.e. if it's not live or one of the commenters on youtube is laying down real-time stamps in the comments section), then I go to the parts that I think I will like or go back to parts I liked but dozed off on. For example when Robbi,Shaun,Beans,Dwan or Haralobos is on, I pay more attention. Obviously I miss some good content doing it this way, but it's all just free entertainment. Dwan said he has seen things way worse than this on many occasions (redundant since of course there is all the time). And even though of course that is true, this minor incident was caught on stream so we get some entertainment. Whereas the stuff that goes down in Asia that Tom has seen will never see the light of day - people who have loose lips over there generally don't care about remaining above ground and don't mind painful endings.
    This dude Beans is incredibly entertaining. I mean this guy would throw his grandmother under the bus and wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep over it. Everything that comes out of his mouth is an angle.

That makes perfect sense that you would listen to it when you go lay down to go to sleep.

That makes perfect sense that you would listen to it when you go lay down to go to sleep.

Monet, thanks for linking the funny Weird Al skit. I finished viewing Mordecai. I was really rooting for Mordecai to be good due to the all star cast and slickness of it, but it was just too awful to get behind. It was too silly - they were trying for that live action John Goodman Speed Racer vibe or something but totally fucked it up. Oh well.

Next up in the queue (or close to it) for me will be MK Ultra with super star actor Jason Patric. If I like it I'll reco it. Please disregard this portion of this post if you have already seen it:

Haven't seen MK Ultra but it looks interesting and based on a true story.
    The last couple of times you talked about Mordecai, I couldn't place it.
    Finally, I remembered it this last time.
    Horrible Movie.
    Very Forgettable.
    All I can remember is Jack Sparrow trying to be a rich pink panther or something like that.
    Not very good at all lol.

Haven't seen MK Ultra but it looks interesting and based on a true story.
    The last couple of times you talked about Mordecai, I couldn't place it.
    Finally, I remembered it this last time.
    Horrible Movie.
    Very Forgettable.
    All I can remember is Jack Sparrow trying to be a rich pink panther or something like that.
    Not very good at all lol.
    That's a very good description of Mordecai - thanks.

What's the problem? I'm catching it on the hosel, right? Moving my head?
    I'm laying off it, I'm pronating, I'm supinating, I'm clearing too early, I'm clearing too late, I'm off plane, I ain't dropping in -- oh, God, my swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair.

What's the problem? I'm catching it on the hosel, right? Moving my head?
    I'm laying off it, I'm pronating, I'm supinating, I'm clearing too early, I'm clearing too late, I'm off plane, I ain't dropping in -- oh, God, my swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair.
    I haven't seen that one in so long I forgot a lot of it. Cheers M8.

I saw MK Ultra and cannot reco it. Jason Patric did not have a large role in this movie so I found it amusing that the promo poster tried to make it seem like he was the main character. The movie mostly relied on shock value (gore) to carry it and that failed IMHO.

I bought the UHF dvd for 5 bucks the other day.
    Great Value as it has Weird Al and the co-writer/director/his manager doing the commentary in the special features.
    Both of them are very enthusiastic watching the movie along with you giving you all sorts of interesting tid bits.
    Well worth 5 dollars.
    I really enjoy it when you get the stars or director breaking down the movie as you watch along.

I bought the UHF dvd for 5 bucks the other day.
    Great Value as it has Weird Al and the co-writer/director/his manager doing the commentary in the special features.
    Both of them are very enthusiastic watching the movie along with you giving you all sorts of interesting tid bits.
    Well worth 5 dollars.
    I really enjoy it when you get the stars or director breaking down the movie as you watch along.
    Glad to hear it Monet. I think I will see if there is a director's cut on putlocker. Either way, it was a fun light-hearted movie which I enjoyed back in the day (I could be mistaken but MTV was at its peak around the time UHF was made).

Glad to hear it Monet. I think I will see if there is a director's cut on putlocker. Either way, it was a fun light-hearted movie which I enjoyed back in the day (I could be mistaken but MTV was at its peak around the time UHF was made).
    It's funny how the movie got slaughtered at the box office.
    UHF couldn't compete with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Ghostbusters II, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Lethal Weapon 2, Batman, License to Kill, When Harry Met Sally... Do the Right Thing and Weekend at Bernie's.
    Orion went bankrupt soon after and Weird Al makes a pretty good joke about it in the special features.
    He also said they treated him like a king as the movie tested really well and they thought it would get them out of debt.
    Young Einstein tested just as well and flopped at the box office too.
    IMO Young Einstein is the better comedy but not by much.

It's funny how the movie got slaughtered at the box office.
    UHF couldn't compete with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Ghostbusters II, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Lethal Weapon 2, Batman, License to Kill, When Harry Met Sally... Do the Right Thing and Weekend at Bernie's.
    Orion went bankrupt soon after and Weird Al makes a pretty good joke about it in the special features.
    He also said they treated him like a king as the movie tested really well and they thought it would get them out of debt.
    Young Einstein tested just as well and flopped at the box office too.
    IMO Young Einstein is the better comedy but not by much.
    Yahoo Serious hasn't had any acting work since 2000 ("Mr. Accident") according to IMDB - too many flops (three I guess) in an early career I guess. I just really like the sort of humor in UHF. Sort of like the humor you find in the Elvira movies and her scary movies TV programs.

movie reco:Accident Man (2018)

Kevin Smith and Harvey Weinstein's best work ever in the movie industry bar none!
    The scene where Salma Hayek is pole dancing is probably her best acting to date.
    I highly doubt she was acting.

Last edited by monet; 10-23-2022 at 11:46 PM.

Kevin Smith and Harvey Weinstein's best work ever in the movie industry bar none!
    The scene where Salma Hayek is pole dancing is probably her best acting to date.
    I highly doubt she was acting.
    Thanks Monet. I thought it was a pretty funny movie, but I have forgotten a lot of it since I haven't seen it since it was released.

Caught this on TV again and again and again.
    I can never get enough of this ending.
    Karl Malden's best acting by far.
    You're Yella!
    You haven't got the guts.

Nevada Smith (1966)

As a bonus, you get Martin Landau, aka, Rollin Hand, aka, the second best man with a knife.

Caught this on TV again and again and again.
    I can never get enough of this ending.
    Karl Malden's best acting by far.
    You're Yella!
    You haven't got the guts.

Nevada Smith (1966)

As a bonus, you get Martin Landau, aka, Rollin Hand, aka, the second best man with a knife.
    Tight ending and great stunt work from Steve. Thanks for the reco Monet. I haven't seen this one and look forwarding to watching it.

Watched this movie yet again because it has been in my rotation since the late 90s.
    I'm glad someone posted this scene on youtube saving me the trouble to record and upload it.
    I like how they use the word midget and fag in normal everyday conversation and nobody got outraged.
    Around the 0:35 to 0:45 second mark.

Watched this movie yet again because it has been in my rotation since the late 90s.
    I'm glad someone posted this scene on youtube saving me the trouble to record and upload it.
    I like how they use the word midget and fag in normal everyday conversation and nobody got outraged.
    Around the 0:35 to 0:45 second mark.
    Thanks Monet, great scene. I vaguely remember that golf hustle as being part of the portfolio of the famous con man Titanic Thompson (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_Thompson) who did all sorts of amazing hand-eye coordination hustles in addition to golf, such as pool and so on. Name:  bM2jPnV.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  64.7 KB

Thread Information