Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: movie reco

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

Yeah, I just needed more backstory and I needed Bonds Character to have more morality to him.
    I needed the romance to develop more slowly.
    Shit was so darn quick lol.
    Not saying it doesn't happen like that, but it didn't work for me in the film.
    You're right though.
    Mine Scenes Good.
    Lots of things to like in this movie.
    The aerial maneuvers were good.
    My favorite part was when the guy ran down the other guy in the Rolls Royce lol.
    That shit was funny.
    And of course, he ended up digging two graves as the Chinese Proverb said.
    I was just thinking they had too many board members making this decision.
    I was like all these people have to die.
    You can't have all those witnesses!
    I'm pretty sure that Arthurs Butler was going to send them all bombs in the mail eventually.
    Yes I believe the plan was to kill off most of the syndicate members (along with Bond). The German guy didn't follow instructions and put his money into action earlier than instructed, so he got the bomb first (in the form of a present, which also killed his family at their Christmas meal you'll recall). The other deaths were implied to happen at a later time of course as you mentioned. Yes the car death scene near the end was terrific. It's possible (like one in 10000) Bond's boss could have survived as a cripple with pulverized legs - but maybe I misinterpreted that scene and there is no chance he survived rather than an exceedingly small chance that did.

Great quote from the movie: "What I want I can get for free" - said to Kowalski by Tex (Bond's two underground night shift and day shift managers).
    That was a good quote.
    Nice Catch.
    If you didn't realize it, Peter Hunt directed this movie.
    He also directed On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
    He worked as an Editor on Goldfinger, Dr. No, Thunderball and some other Bond Movies.
    That's why the action scenes in GOLD were so good.
    I did see that he was the director of Gold during the opening credits, however I didn't know about his Bond film credits - thanks for the interesting info.

I watched a movie last night that I missed somehow.
    They probably didn't promote it very well and it's not something most people are going to enjoy.
    It's like a bad version of David Lynch movie.
    It's an ok movie if you like movies where you have to try to figure things out or solve/understand it.
    I'm pretty sure the movie is more of a statement rather than an actual story.
    It has a couple of unsavory scenes.
    I'm guessing they put that in there to disturb you as the viewer.
    You're gonna either love it or hate it.
    Probably the director trying to say how bad toxicity and pop culture are for society.
    Watch it, don't watch it, whatever...

Under the Silver Lake (2018)

I watched a movie last night that I missed somehow.
    They probably didn't promote it very well and it's not something most people are going to enjoy.
    It's like a bad version of David Lynch movie.
    It's an ok movie if you like movies where you have to try to figure things out or solve/understand it.
    I'm pretty sure the movie is more of a statement rather than an actual story.
    It has a couple of unsavory scenes.
    I'm guessing they put that in there to disturb you as the viewer.
    You're gonna either love it or hate it.
    Probably the director trying to say how bad toxicity and pop culture are for society.
    Watch it, don't watch it, whatever...

Under the Silver Lake (2018)
    I never saw it either Monet - thanks for the reco.

Another situation where I ran into a movie that I didn't hear or know about.
    Not bad.
    Kind of a True Story, Noir, Drama, Action and Dark Comedy.
    Not sure why Soderbergh had to use the Fisheye Camera so much?
    Better than Marlowe.

No Sudden Move (2021)

Another situation where I ran into a movie that I didn't hear or know about.
    Not bad.
    Kind of a True Story, Noir, Drama, Action and Dark Comedy.
    Not sure why Soderbergh had to use the Fisheye Camera so much?
    Better than Marlowe.

No Sudden Move (2021)
    Yes this was a good one - I think I saw it about 7 or 8 months back. One of Matt Damon's better performances. I liked the twists and turns. Thanks for posting Monet.

Now go watch Elvis, Bullet Train and Otto and report back
    I just watched Bullet Train Monet. It's best to put comedy in a comedy, rather than in a hit man movie. The Snatch formula doesn't work when it is over-abused like it was in this movie. It is likely you feel the same. So I give this movie an average rating as a result.

Now go watch Elvis, Bullet Train and Otto and report back
    I just watched Bullet Train Monet. It's best to put comedy in a comedy, rather than in a hit man movie. The Snatch formula doesn't work when it is over-abused like it was in this movie. It is likely you feel the same. So I give this movie an average rating as a result.
    I liked the movie better back in 1995 when it was called "The Hunted" with none other than the Highlander.
    There can be only one!

This version had a bit too much gore in it for me and was a bit too much over the top.
    I fast forwarded the last 20 minutes or so.
    Probably a better movie if they focused in on thievery and conmen instead of hitmen.
    You know, if they are going to do the Snatch Formula.
    They tried.

On another note, I read that Kevn Costner is working on a new Epic Western.
    I guess it's going to be a Trilogy or 4 Part Movie and called Horizon?
    So, I'm really looking forward to that.
    Does he ever miss??
    Rarely.
    I just watched him in Criminal the other day once again.
    I own a digital copy.
    He's pretty darn good in that.
    Very similar to his Three Days to Kill movie.
    I like those two "hit man" movies better.

I mean Costner did a pretty darn good job with that Hatfield and McCoy TV Movie.
    His current wife is going Ape Shit as she signed some iron clad prenup with him.
    lol, The Masse Prenup (inside joke) if you ever seen that George Clooney Movie/Comedy.
    Intolerable Cruelty.

EDIT: I guess Waterworld and the Postman were misses but still watchable, sometimes, when you got nothing better to do and are too lazy to change the channel.
    Last edited by monet; 06-29-2023 at 10:15 PM.

On another note, I read that Kevn Costner is working on a new Epic Western.
    I guess it's going to be a Trilogy or 4 Part Movie and called Horizon?
    Does he ever miss??
    Rarely.
    The Masse Prenup (inside joke) if you ever seen that George Clooney Movie/Comedy.
    Intolerable Cruelty.

EDIT: I guess Waterworld and the Postman were misses but still watchable, sometimes, when you got nothing better to do and are too lazy to change the channel.
    I agree that he rarely misses. I even liked Waterworld. I didn't know about the Horizon Western series, thanks for the heads-up. I don't remember for sure but I don't think I have seen Intolerable Cruelty - thanks for letting me know. I am planning to watch the new Indiana Jones movie, Dial of Destiny, once it becomes available in HD on putlocker. The series has gone down a lot in quality, but like the John Wick films, I watch them for completeness. The Bond series and Star Wars series became fully woke so I won't watch the future films of either of these franchises unless they become unwoke due to boycotts or some other pressure.
    Name:  xLkeroc.png
Views: 112
Size:  142.0 KB

I was just reading this article that claimed "Lions for Lambs" was Tom Cruises worst movie.
    It's more of a Robert Redford/Meryl Streep Movie, in my opinion but hardly his worst movie.
    I didn't even see him in that Mummy Movie but that looked horrible and I refused to even give it a chance.
    I'm never gonna watch him in that 1985 movie Legend either.
    I do not enjoy that subject material even if it is a Ridley Scott Movie.
    Anyways, that's not the point.
    I like Lions for Lambs because it shows how Evil people really are.
    Now I'm off to read the negative reviews for that movie on IMDB.
    Fun.

I was just reading this article that claimed "Lions for Lambs" was Tom Cruises worst movie.
    It's more of a Robert Redford/Meryl Streep Movie, in my opinion but hardly his worst movie.
    I didn't even see him in that Mummy Movie but that looked horrible and I refused to even give it a chance.
    I'm never gonna watch him in that 1985 movie Legend either.
    I do not enjoy that subject material even if it is a Ridley Scott Movie.
    Anyways, that's not the point.
    I like Lions for Lambs because it shows how Evil people really are.
    Now I'm off to read the negative reviews for that movie on IMDB.
    Fun.
    I didn't see the Cruise version of The Mummy so I checked out the trailer on Youtube. Based on the trailer, it looks like they decided to wokify things by making the Mummy a girl this time around, so I have decided that I am not going to watch it. I didn't see Lions for Lambs and will watch it - thanks for the reco. I watched Legend back when it came out. It sort of reminded me of Labyrinth (David Bowie) with the quest-like aspect to it and the various good and evil creatures that help or deter Cruise in his quest to rescue a woman held captive by a demonic underling of Satan (Tim Curry) and to save the world from an ice age created by the demon via the elimination of the last two unicorns on earth.

I didn't see the Cruise version of The Mummy so I checked out the trailer on Youtube. Based on the trailer, it looks like they decided to wokify things by making the Mummy a girl this time around, so I have decided that I am not going to watch it. I didn't see Lions for Lambs and will watch it - thanks for the reco. I watched Legend back when it came out. It sort of reminded me of Labyrinth (David Bowie) with the quest-like aspect to it and the various good and evil creatures that help or deter Cruise in his quest to rescue a woman held captive by a demonic underling of Satan (Tim Curry) and to save the world from an ice age created by the demon via the elimination of the last two unicorns on earth.
    They must have put all the positive reviews at the top.
    The rating is low, for Lions but when I scrolled through, it was mostly 7 and above with positive titles.
    Anyways, I finished Hypnotic last night with Ben Affleck.
    It was so bad that I had to watch it in 3-part segments.
    I nearly gave up on it 3 times.
    70 Million Dollars for that mess lol.
    It must be nice for those guys to scam investors like that.
    Sort of a rip off of Inception, Total Recall and a Zombie Movie.

They must have put all the positive reviews at the top.
    The rating is low, for Lions but when I scrolled through, it was mostly 7 and above with positive titles.
    Anyways, I finished Hypnotic last night with Ben Affleck.
    It was so bad that I had to watch it in 3-part segments.
    I nearly gave up on it 3 times.
    70 Million Dollars for that mess lol.
    It must be nice for those guys to scam investors like that.
    Sort of a rip off of Inception, Total Recall and a Zombie Movie.
    Thanks for the heads-up Monet. I had little interest in seeing Hypnotic and now I have none.

Probably George Lucas's best work.
    Definitely the best Music Video Movie ever made.
    I think it had 41 Hit Songs in it.
    Better than Indiana Jones 4 or 5 and I haven't even seen 5.

Probably George Lucas's best work.
    Definitely the best Music Video Movie ever made.
    I think it had 41 Hit Songs in it.
    Better than Indiana Jones 4 or 5 and I haven't even seen 5.
    A great movie for sure. I agree that it was his best work. My friend wanted to see the movie Don't Look Up. So I putlockered it and we watched it. Place it in the average category - it gets the message across, but it's not a message we didn't know about already. Something to see if you've got nothing queued up is the most generous I can be with this flick.

My friend wanted to see the movie Don't Look Up. So I putlockered it and we watched it. Place it in the average category - it gets the message across, but it's not a message we didn't know about already. Something to see if you've got nothing queued up is the most generous I can be with this flick.
    Back when I still had Netflix, I watched it when it first came out.
    All I remember is that the Libs were loving it and that it was a movie about climate change.
    And it made some jokes about our current political situation.
    The movie was pretty forgettable for me except the very ending.
    I agree that it is worth a watch if you haven't seen it and have nothing better to do.
    Not one of those movies that I would buy or seek out to view multiple times.

You know Tom Cruise is pretty crazy with his Scientology Bullshit and Covid Protocols but I got to give him respect for this stunt.
    I'm gonna have to break down and give him 10 to 20 dollars to view this on the big screen.
    The Fucking Balls and Ego alone is pretty impressive.
    Over 500 base jumps and 13,000 motorcycle jumps for practice!
    I don't know how great the movie will be overall but it has to be at least 10 times better than Top Gun Part 2 which I still never watched the last 25 minutes of.
    I refuse to go to the theatre to watch Indiana Jones Part 5 but I think you can still movie hop around in Sams Town so maybe I'll do a 2 for 1.

My friend wanted to see the movie Don't Look Up. So I putlockered it and we watched it. Place it in the average category - it gets the message across, but it's not a message we didn't know about already. Something to see if you've got nothing queued up is the most generous I can be with this flick.
    Back when I still had Netflix, I watched it when it first came out.
    All I remember is that the Libs were loving it and that it was a movie about climate change.
    And it made some jokes about our current political situation.
    The movie was pretty forgettable for me except the very ending.
    I agree that it is worth a watch if you haven't seen it and have nothing better to do.
    Not one of those movies that I would buy or seek out to view multiple times.
    So in this movie, a large meteorite was discovered that will hit the earth and destroy it without intervention. However no one listens to the scientists because they are too busy with trying to stay in presidential office or worshiping social media influencers, etc. . You've got digs against both major political parties. For example the Hillary Clinton U.S. president parody played by Meryl Streep. The psychopathic Tim Cook Apple CEO parody Isherwell, and then digs against Republican supporters who refuse to look up at the sky to see the deadly meteorite since the president and the deep state media tells them its nothing. Like you say, it's a pretty forgettable movie since the Deep State evilness and methodology is known already and it wasn't that well executed in this movie anyway (plus Wag the Dog covered a lot of this before with Ron Perlman playing the part in Don't Look Up that Woody Harrelson played in Wag the Dog).
    Last edited by tableplay; 07-08-2023 at 08:24 AM.

You know Tom Cruise is pretty crazy with his Scientology Bullshit and Covid Protocols but I got to give him respect for this stunt.
    I'm gonna have to break down and give him 10 to 20 dollars to view this on the big screen.
    I don't know how great the movie will be overall but it has to be at least 10 times better than Top Gun Part 2 which I still never watched the last 25 minutes of.
    I refuse to go to the theatre to watch Indiana Jones Part 5 but I think you can still movie hop around in Sams Town so maybe I'll do a 2 for 1.
    Yes anything is better than Top Gun 2 - absolutely horrible and by far Tom's worst movie. I am planning to watch this new Mission Impossible movie and Indiana Jones 5. Thanks for posting the behind the scenes stunt trailer.

Yes anything is better than Top Gun 2 - absolutely horrible and by far Tom's worst movie. I am planning to watch this new Mission Impossible movie and Indiana Jones 5. Thanks for posting the behind the scenes stunt trailer.
    I liked the use of the F-14s and how he and others actually rode inside them for real.
    The storyline just bothered me.
    It was basically the same movie as the first one with some diversity bullshit added in.
    Made no sense how everyone praised it.

I read through the comments and some people are saying MI7's Stunt isn't a big deal and basically trashing him but I dunno man, it seems like a very big deal to me. First Off, I can't believe the insurance company signed off on this. All those practice jumps, base jumps and skydiving is mindboggling to me the more I think about it. Anything could have gone wrong, and it would have been lights out. Motor cuts out, shock or wheel breaks, parachute doesn't open, wind gusts slam him into the rock wall, cable breaks on the practice jumps... etc. etc. Maybe they are lying to us about how much he really did but it's super impressive to me to the point that I can't even calculate or understand it. He just jumps out the helicopter with no hesitation into that abyss. I guess it's just an addiction to adrenaline. The guy is Super Rich so I don't understand the risk/reward for the movie or making money but yeah, it's gonna gross over a billion dollars worldwide and beat Top Gun 2 at the Box Office. And they say he's gonna do something even more severe in Part Eight (2).

The guy is Super Rich so I don't understand the risk/reward for the movie
    Well I guess it's the same syndrome as those billionaires who took that deep sea submarine trip and then imploded instantly under extreme water pressure.

Thread Information