Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: movie reco

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    As soon as I seen Keystone posted in this thread I knew what to expect LMFAO!!
    Perhaps but it's like you guys don't even exist.
    I barely read either of your two posts, if and when you post, which is rare anyways.
    Keep Trying though... you might get inside my head, maybe.
    Ozzy, suffering from KJ withdrawal. Keystone, trying to fill in for KJ. Monet, a brick shithouse rolling on down the line. Ha.
    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder + Bill Yung + 1HitWonder ---> GOTTLOB1 = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/2023/08/blog-post.html

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

Yeah, not your typical Guy Ritchie Movie.
    Way better than I thought it was going to be.
    I held off on this movie for a long time.
    Broke down and said Fuck It last night.
    Glad I did.
    Enjoyed it.
    It's not perfect and much of it is unbelievable or exaggerated but it's highly entertaining.
    And you find yourself getting involved in the characters as it has good character development.
    And he must of did his research because it was very realistic towards how the military operates.
    etc. etc. You might enjoy it... worth a viewing to find out.
    I love the MIDDLE SCENE where he is on the phone constantly being put on hold.
    I think we can all relate to that shit lol.
    I also enjoyed this movie Monet. It looks like the interpreter has a mechanic's job waiting for him when he touches ground stateside. The combat scenes were very well done as were the interactions between military personnel, Afghan townspeople/nomads and mercenary contractors. Thanks again for the rock solid .

Disgusting
    Kuntstone doesn't have anything to go on, so he has to edit posts.

We all seen and know the movie, but I love to rewatch this scene.
    Before Tom Cruise got absorbed with doing his own stunts for no reason at all.
    He was a pretty darn good actor, still is, just locked into that MI Formula now.
    Obviously, Jack is better in every aspect.

We all seen and know the movie, but I love to rewatch this scene.
    Before Tom Cruise got absorbed with doing his own stunts for no reason at all.
    He was a pretty darn good actor, still is, just locked into that MI Formula now.
    Obviously, Jack is better in every aspect.
    Terrific film.

Watched Two Movies AGAIN.
    I can't believe how good everything is in the first one.
    Great Story, Acting, Actors, Cinematography, Scenes, Shots... etc. etc.
    It's really an amazing piece of work.

The second one is a pretty darn solid cast, story and comedy in its own right.
    Really Fun movie that I enjoy once or twice a year.

ROAD TO PERDITION

DOWN PERISCOPE

Watched Two Movies AGAIN.
    I can't believe how good everything is in the first one.
    Great Story, Acting, Actors, Cinematography, Scenes, Shots... etc. etc.
    It's really an amazing piece of work.

The second one is a pretty darn solid cast, story and comedy in its own right.
    Really Fun movie that I enjoy once or twice a year.

ROAD TO PERDITION

DOWN PERISCOPE
    It has been many years since I saw Down Periscope and I have forgotten most of it, but I do remember that it was funny. I don't remember seeing Road to Perdition and will watch it. Thanks for the recos.

It has been many years since I saw Down Periscope and I have forgotten most of it, but I do remember that it was funny. I don't remember seeing Road to Perdition and will watch it. Thanks for the recos.
    The first time you watch it, you probably won't notice but since it's been a lot of viewings for me, this last time, I really noticed all the great camerawork, cinematography, sets, angles and just overall production.
    I don't understand how it can be so well done like that.
    Someone knew exactly what they were doing every single step of the way in the making of that film.
    I'm sure Paul Newman had a hand in it along with Tom Hanks.
    You even get a young James Bond and other A-Listers.

Bond really stirred the pot in this film. Great film. Like yourself, I enjoyed the detail of the film. For example when Michael Sullivan nicked the tobacco at the pharmacy store near the beginning of the film. The circular symbols on the elevators leading up to Nitti's office were not accidents either. Thanks again for the reco Monet.

Bond really stirred the pot in this film. Great film. Like yourself, I enjoyed the detail of the film. For example when Michael Sullivan nicked the tobacco at the pharmacy store near the beginning of the film. The circular symbols on the elevators leading up to Nitti's office were not accidents either. Thanks again for the reco Monet.
    Just too many great examples in this movie like when we meet Jude Law how he is walking in-between the pillars.
    But this scene below is otherworldly how they got all the great camerawork in the pouring rain.
    Obviously, you already know but the entire movie is like that with a perfect soundtrack to go along with every scene.

Obviously, you already know but the entire movie is like that with a perfect soundtrack to go along with every scene.
    I had to look up if the musical composer, Thomas Newman, was related to Paul, but he isn't. Jude got made pretty quickly by Sullivan at the diner - the big giveaway was probably that Jude gave off too much of a big-city vibe. Jude is still going strong - he made the decision to do woke stuff to keep working. Well, like you wrote, we could write a book about all the exquisite details in the film. Exceptionally crafted.

I didn't take advantage of it, but today is National Movie Day. So some theaters near you may offer $4 movies for the rest of the day.

I didn't take advantage of it, but today is National Movie Day. So, some theaters near you may offer $4 movies for the rest of the day.
    Thanks!
    After Sound of Freedom and MI 7 I realized I don't really enjoy the theater anymore.
    I don't like the big leather chairs so much and I don't like having to rub elbows with the other people.
    And I don't like being locked into the theater for a couple hours anymore.
    I'm just getting old and find my house/tv/recliner much more comfortable and I can pause the movie.
    The home experience is actually better for me compared to the theater these days.
    Odd.

I didn't take advantage of it, but today is National Movie Day. So, some theaters near you may offer $4 movies for the rest of the day.
    Thanks!
    After Sound of Freedom and MI 7 I realized I don't really enjoy the theater anymore.
    I don't like the big leather chairs so much and I don't like having to rub elbows with the other people.
    And I don't like being locked into the theater for a couple hours anymore.
    I'm just getting old and find my house/tv/recliner much more comfortable and I can pause the movie.
    The home experience is actually better for me compared to the theater these days.
    Odd.
    I think I am in the same boat more or less. For nostalgia purposes, there may be a rare circumstance where I go to the theater in the future perhaps. For example when the sequel to Bladerunner came out, I went to see it at the theater (but they didn't have stadium seating at that point in time).

I had to look up if the musical composer, Thomas Newman, was related to Paul, but he isn't. Jude got made pretty quickly by Sullivan at the diner - the big giveaway was probably that Jude gave off too much of a big-city vibe. Jude is still going strong - he made the decision to do woke stuff to keep working. Well, like you wrote, we could write a book about all the exquisite details in the film. Exceptionally crafted.

Do you 2 take turns tea bagging eachother between movies?

Another Kunstone fantasy - probably at the top of your wish list of viewing pleasure faggot.

Another Kunstone fantasy - probably at the top of your wish list of viewing pleasure faggot.

lol

ooooof!
    Just watched Asteroid City and slept through 80% of it.
    I was lucky to wake up in the last 20 minutes or so where you get a little action.
    Do yourself a favor.
    Wait to watch it for free and even at that rate you are probably losing.
    Unless artistic/stylism is your thing.
    It certainly chose that over substance.
    Wes Anderson seems to either be phoning it in now or lost a few steps.

ooooof!
    Just watched Asteroid City and slept through 80% of it.
    I was lucky to wake up in the last 20 minutes or so where you get a little action.
    Do yourself a favor.
    Wait to watch it for free and even at that rate you are probably losing.
    Unless artistic/stylism is your thing.
    It certainly chose that over substance.
    Thanks M8. Unlike MI7 and Oppenheimer, which are still only available for free on CAM, Asteroid City is already available for free in HD on Gomovies.sx, so I'll give it a go straight away. I see that Wes threw Schwartzman into one of his movies again.

He has his formula I guess and is sticking with it. At least the movie had a hand basket in it (on the left side of the picture as you face it). My overall impression of it was of a buddy movie full of stars who have had success in both indies and big name movies. Thanks for posting this movie.
    Name:  XyuLTF1.png
Views: 70
Size:  2.26 MB

He has his formula I guess and is sticking with it. At least the movie had a hand basket in it (on the left side of the picture as you face it). My overall impression of it was of a buddy movie full of stars who have had success in both indies and big name movies. Thanks for posting this movie.
    Good Catch with the picnic basket!
    I actually watched this part but missed it.
    I really did sleep through most of the movie.
    I caught the beginning and the end and that was enough.
    I fell asleep after the Alien grabbed the meteor.
    My problem with the movie is that it was basically a movie to check all the boxes.
    They put women, blacks, homos, Asians, witchcraft, pedophilia... etc. etc. inside of the story.
    So like you say, he used his formula and they made it very pretty but the story just wasn't there.
    It was certainly no RUSHMORE and that's one of his best ever!

Thread Information