LOL interesting discussions about me here.

Okay, I'll break this all down.

I am fine with what happened at the Main Event.

Do I wish I was at the final table right now, playing for millions? Yes.

Do I think about how close I was sometimes, given that 8596 entered, and I was down to the final 128? Yes.

Do I have any crushing regrets? Not really.

Honestly, I didn't have any hot runs after mid-Day-2, and survived all the way to near the end of Day 5 by dodging landmines and not running into any coolers/beats to bust me. So I kind of just hung out until something bad did happen -- I lost a race with QQ versus AK, and I was down to critically low chips. Then I tripled up, but ran into AA a few minutes later, and I was gone.

I didn't make any kind of stupid mistake to lose my chips. I just ran out of cards.

You're not going to get to the final table of this thing unless you run hot at the right times. You can't just coast into it.

The guy who is probably going to win -- Hossain Ensan -- was sitting directly to my left on Day 5. Good player, but kept getting lucky. I'm shocked that I was able to double up off him earlier in the day (I had KK, he had QQ).

I still took home $59,285. I paid $10k to enter, so it's a $49,285 profit.

Not millions by any means, but not meaningless money, either, and it was fun experiencing the deep Main Event run once again.

I say "once again" because I had a very similar run in 2010, where I ultimately finished 88th. In that one, I was also crippled by a QQ versus AK hand.

Hopefully I'll get there again in fewer than another 9 years, and hopefully this time I'll run hot at the right moment.

Four guys from this forum came down to see me during Day 4, and I enjoyed seeing them. Thanks for that.

Regarding my psychological issues last year, they were NOT from gambling. They sprung from various physical issues at the time, as well as a bad reaction to a certain fairly common medication. At one point, I was in such terrible shape that I had zero quality of life and zero ability to experience any pleasure of any kind. Let me tell you that the period of mid-August to mid-September 2018 was, by a wide margin, the worst month of my life. I'm so thankful that I've recovered from it. Some of the recovery happened on its own, and some of it happened because I figured out best what works for ME (not for other people), and guided my own brain to return to what it once was.