Thread: 7 Stars shares check-in with Diamonds

The Diamond check in at Caesars Palace has been moved into the same office used by Seven Stars. The change became effective this week. This means you are likely to find some kind of line when you check in. When there is more staffing, I was told that separate lines would be set up for Diamonds and 7 Stars within the same office, but on Friday night everyone was in the same line.

If Caesars has one problem it's that check-in lines and check-out lines can be long. When you can, check in with your cell phone-- that service is available and you can pick up your keys at the bell desk. And check out from your room using the on-TV feature or by calling the front desk. Getting in line to check out is madness.

Update at 11pm. I'm back in LA. Earlier today I walked into the new Octavius Tower and I saw a very attractive lobby with wide hallways and talking elevators. Some Caesars employees are in the rooms as a test. Many rooms are not yet ready with new furnishings. Nope, I didn't go into any of the rooms -- I did ask a manager who said "not yet." I was told everything should be in order for the January 2nd opening, and maybe we'll be able to get a look shortly after Christmas.

Some of the bellmen told me that the rooms are a bit nicer than those in the Augustus Tower. By the way, in the Augustus Tower I am seeing some new carpeting in the hallways.

My hope for the Octavius is that the TVs are either larger or positioned better for viewing while in bed. The problem with the TVs in the Augustus (and I presume other towers at Caesars) is that the screens are too small. Perhaps this is because we've all become spoiled by having giant screens at home.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 12-18-2011 at 12:11 AM.

I don't know much about Harrah's tiers and such; what is the difference in wagering amounts between 7 Stars and Diamond?

As best I know Diamond reuires $110,000 coin in on VP and half that much on slots. For 7 Stars its $1-mill on VP and half that on slots. With table games its a great mystery. Does anybody know?

I found out from a construction worker that the former Diamond check in office is being converted into some kind of VIP lounge where the hosts will also be to take care of high rollers. I asked if this is going to be a "high roller lounge" and the construction worker said he didn't think so. He thought it was going to be a place where the high rollers could come in, speak to a host, register and check out.

Caesars still has a Diamond Lounge for Diamonds and 7 Stars players but it is open only during a limited number of hours. Refreshments have been scaled back to finger foods -- and this actually happened a couple of years ago when restaurants on the property complained that too many customers were eating meals in the Diamond Lounge and were not eating in the restaurants.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 12-18-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Thread Information