Thread: Meeting Frank Kneeland

I had a great and rewarding meeting with one of our forum members today (Saturday). Video poker expert and author Frank Kneeland met me for lunch at the new Central Restaurant at Caesars. It was a refreshing two hour lunch and conversation about gambling, video poker and Frank's concerns about addictive gambling.

This was my first time at the new Central. I had a cheese omelette with a lobster burger on the side. Yes, you read that right-- a lobster burger. What the chefs at Central do is take lobster, form it into a hamburger patty, grill it and there you have a lobster burger. I didn't need the carbs so I had my lobster patty on a bed of lettuce along with my omelette. You could have your lobster burger like a traditional hamburge. For dessert I had a yummy lemon meringue cupcake. Frank had a steak which looked awesome. Portions were large which is good since this place is not cheap. This is a big step up from the previous Augustus Cafe. Warning: this is not a place for a casual quick lunch. It's a place for a gourmet lunch.

It was quiet enough for a friendly meeting and the table service with an adjoining bar makes it a great place to meet and catch up. Not a place for a quick bite. The room was remodeled, it is bright and even though off the main lobby at Caesars Palace it is quiet enough that you can have a normal conversation. I loved the modern art including the pillar of large serving dishes.

Would I go back there? Yes, but next time I'm going to try a steak. The lobster burger was certainly interesting but I think something got lost in the grilling or the preparation. I prefer the lobster and mushrooms at Hyakumi which is the sushi restaurant at Caesars.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 12-18-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Thread Information