Thread: British Open

Well, I took three long shots for some (really good) dinner money, based strictly on value, with the exception of Fleetwood. I have Fleetwood at 25-1, Spieth at 40-1, and Patrick Reed at 80-1. We'll see how they do. There was so much money on McIlroy, Koepka, and Woods, that numbers weren't bad for Spieth and Reed.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Well, I took three long shots for some (really good) dinner money, based strictly on value, with the exception of Fleetwood. I have Fleetwood at 25-1, Spieth at 40-1, and Patrick Reed at 80-1. We'll see how they do. There was so much money on McIlroy, Koepka, and Woods, that numbers weren't bad for Spieth and Reed.
    Spieth off to a good start...-3 currently but I don’t think he will hold up...Fleetwood a solid pick @ 25

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    Spieth off to a good start...-3 currently but I don’t think he will hold up...Fleetwood a solid pick @ 25
    When Fleetwood is zoned in, he's awesome. I understand that everyone hates Patrick Reed, but boy, he gets no respect. And Spieth has really been on an underachieving streak. He played much better than he scored in majors this year. I'm glad I didn't shell out money on Mickelson, who was close to 160-1 at some offshores. I've never seen him at 160-1, or at least I don't remember it. Those odds were so high, I at least considered him for awhile.

When Fleetwood is zoned in, he's awesome. I understand that everyone hates Patrick Reed, but boy, he gets no respect. And Spieth has really been on an underachieving streak. He played much better than he scored in majors this year. I'm glad I didn't shell out money on Mickelson, who was close to 160-1 at some offshores. I've never seen him at 160-1, or at least I don't remember it. Those odds were so high, I at least considered him for awhile.
    Reed is a great stab at 80-1...he’s a very good player, but has a combo that typically doesn’t fly too well in mainstream society- he’s fat AND an asshole

Reed is a great stab at 80-1...he’s a very good player, but has a combo that typically doesn’t fly too well in mainstream society- he’s fat AND an asshole
    Sounds as if he's ready to run for president! Plus he's got the hot wife.

Spieth isn’t on an underachieving streak, he’s just not very good IMO. Can’t hit the ball straight off the tee.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Spieth isn’t on an underachieving streak, he’s just not very good IMO. Can’t hit the ball straight off the tee.
    Most overrated player in recent memory...if he wasn’t such a great putter, he’d be making 50 grand a year as a club pro in Cowflop Texas

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Most overrated player in recent memory...if he wasn’t such a great putter, he’d be making 50 grand a year as a club pro in Cowflop Texas
    He came apart like a really, really cheap suit after the sixth or seventh hole. He just mishit every tee shot. Once he goes off the rails, he stays off the rails. It was interesting to see Fleetwood and Koepka, who handled the Augusta and US Open greens, continually butcher greens that were pretty straightforward. Both Fleetwood and Koepka struck the ball well, but they putted really poorly. Fleetwood had opportunities early in the round, but missed three easy putts. Koepka said it was the worst he's ever putted.

On the flip side, Molinari missed three putts by an inch early in his final round, or he might have shot -7 or -8. He was unflappable. He's a guy who's going to win again.

Thread Information