Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: So, just found out I've been impersonated!

  1. #41
    Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I will let the free college go for another day, but I will say if we can afford free K-12 we can afford free college or trade school. A high school education prepares one for nothing now days.
    If everyone gets free college education, it diminishes what a college education is. It will just become an extension of 1-12. 1-12 will become 1-16 and will mean nothing unless you have a masters.

    Hey no one paid for me to go to college, so I couldn't go. Why should I now pay (with my tax dollars) for other people I am not related to, to go to college. I paid for last 2 years of my brothers college education. And that's the way it should be. You pay for college.

    Oh and BTW...do you want me to list the successful people in all different fields that didn't go to college. A person makes of themselves what THEY decide to make of themselves. NO FREE COLLEGE. You want to go to college, you pay for it.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 07-21-2019 at 09:55 PM.

  2. #42
    These things that the dems want, free college, higher minimum wage, reparations for the blacks, talk of a universal basic income (giving everyone 18 and older $1000 a month every month), these are just a way of buying votes. Every damn one of these things will increase the debt because they can't be paid for.

    And the republicans are no different. They just want to spend our money....my money to appease THEIR people (buy votes). They JUST did so with these so called tax breaks that no one with and income of less that an million benefited from. And guess what those tax breaks did, caused the debt to go up because there was less revenue coming in.

    Neither party and no politician has my interest at heart. I want smaller government and less taxes. I will pay for local police and fire to protect me. I will pay for a national military to protect me. But keep your goddamn hands off my money, my tax dollars for all these pet projects that are just a means of appeasing your base...just a means of buying votes.

  3. #43
    And one more thing Midwest. Do you have any young people in your family, grandkids, nieces, nephews that graduated college in the last 5 years? And if so, are there working in the field that they got a degree in?

    When I went back to Florida for my 10th year HS reunion, all my HS buddies that went to college were working jobs totally unrelated to what they went to college for because they couldn't find jobs in those fields. Most worked something totally unrelated and half lived at home 10 years after HS....even with a college degree.

    More recently my brother has 3 friends that come to Vegas twice a year for music festivals and 2 of them are working at Lowes and a rental car place, until they are able to "break into the field that they got a degree in". Young people graduating already can't find employment in the field they got a degree in, just imagine if every single person got a degree? Like I said...those degrees wouldn't mean anything. They already don't.

  4. #44
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    And one more thing Midwest. Do you have any young people in your family, grandkids, nieces, nephews that graduated college in the last 5 years? And if so, are there working in the field that they got a degree in?

    When I went back to Florida for my 10th year HS reunion, all my HS buddies that went to college were working jobs totally unrelated to what they went to college for because they couldn't find jobs in those fields. Most worked something totally unrelated and half lived at home 10 years after HS....even with a college degree.

    More recently my brother has 3 friends that come to Vegas twice a year for music festivals and 2 of them are working at Lowes and a rental car place, until they are able to "break into the field that they got a degree in". Young people graduating already can't find employment in the field they got a degree in, just imagine if every single person got a degree? Like I said...those degrees wouldn't mean anything. They already don't.
    ,

    KJ, there's a simple way around that. You have to qualify for college, and those who do not academically qualify do not get in and do not get their way paid. Thus, those who make the top 10 or 20% qualify and get their way paid. Everyone else picks up their own tab or does not go.

    The majority of other western democracies do something like this. It does not benefit a democracy for any of their top 10% of students to not have access to the best (most expensive) educations. But that's the way it is here. Money dictates the quality of your education unless you are in the top half of one percent, academically.

  5. #45
    You guys are seriously confused. Sure if someone gets one of those pansy liberal arts degrees then there's a good chance they're gonna struggle after graduation. But come out with a real degree and today's young people have it made.

  6. #46
    This thread has turned so far away from it's original post. :/

  7. #47
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    This thread has turned so far away from it's original post. :/
    Any thread that turns far away from your stupidity is a good thing

  8. #48
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Originally Posted by Keystone View Post

    Itís nice to see Mickey finally in love ❤️
    lol
    Keystone is the house maggot. And you can tell he has a big crush on me. He wants me really bad. He's obsessed with me. The news for him is I'm a ladies man. He'll be crying himself to sleep over that for months. Still got the puke on ignore.
    You got me Mick, I secretly dig you.......FOH Numbnuts

    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 77
Size:  1.01 MBName:  giphy.gif
Views: 77
Size:  1.01 MBName:  giphy.gif
Views: 77
Size:  1.01 MB

  9. #49
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Money dictates the quality of your education unless you are in the top half of one percent, academically.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_c...ribery_scandal

  10. #50
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    You guys are seriously confused. Sure if someone gets one of those pansy liberal arts degrees then there's a good chance they're gonna struggle after graduation. But come out with a real degree and today's young people have it made.
    No Ron. A lot of US STEM jobs are now filled by east Indians. Chemistry would be an exception, there's always work there with a B.S. or higher.
    Last edited by tableplay; 07-23-2019 at 02:23 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I found a 1979 $1 token from MGM Las Vegas
    By Dan Druff in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-09-2018, 11:42 PM
  2. I found something
    By lucky in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 08-13-2018, 04:56 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-14-2017, 12:08 PM
  4. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 12:34 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 12:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •