I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that some purported professional glitchmasters don't watch their food budgets. Following in the tradition of gamblers like Jean Scott, Anthony Curtis, Bob Dancer, and Mike Stockunas, I think posting those rare foodie values is a noble tradition. In fact, I think an ongoing thread should be devoted to just such an endeavor. Those with too much (ahem) class and (double ahem) gambling credibility can choose to not read the foodie tips.

Here's a start. I powered through a numbers-crunching all-nighter by bringing a 5 AM swoon to a quick and nasty end by partaking of the $4.99 all-you-can-eat pancakes at the revamped Palace Station coffee shop. The special runs from midnight until 6 AM, so I made it under the wire. The waiter noticed my hound dog expression as I could not finish the first monster stack. He said, "Don't feel bad. Nobody finishes that plate."

Size aside, they were good pancakes. The waiter brought three flasks of hot syrup to the table -- that tells you the size of the stack.