Thread: 8/28/19- SoCal-to-Las Vegas high-speed train project back on track

https://abc7.com/society/socal-to-la...qPPQS6Tsb8JRDA

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:54PM
    A high-speed train from Southern California to Las Vegas is back on track.

The trip from Las Vegas to Victorville would take about 75 minutes.

The first phase of the corridor is expected to be built along Interstate 15 and will travel a distance of 185 miles nonstop and speeds of up to 150 miles per hour.

Construction is set to begin sometime next year and will take about three years to build.

The railroad service by Virgin Trains USA would connect more than 22 million people between the two markets.

Druff- Can you please discuss this on PFA?

Hmmm... so Virgin is involved now? At least they have money to back it.

I still don't understand this, though. It will only benefit those who either take buses to Vegas from LA, or ones who live in the Victorville area. Once you've driven from LA to Victorville, it's not worth the hassle to stop, park, buy a ticket for a train, and leave your car behind. I can't picture anyone doing that to save what will be about an hour at most.

Someone isn't thinking this whole thing through. Now, if they had a 150mph train from LA to Vegas, then that would have a lot of appeal, as the ride would only take about 2 hours.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Hmmm... so Virgin is involved now? At least they have money to back it.

I still don't understand this, though. It will only benefit those who either take buses to Vegas from LA, or ones who live in the Victorville area. Once you've driven from LA to Victorville, it's not worth the hassle to stop, park, buy a ticket for a train, and leave your car behind. I can't picture anyone doing that to save what will be about an hour at most.

Someone isn't thinking this whole thing through. Now, if they had a 150mph train from LA to Vegas, then that would have a lot of appeal, as the ride would only take about 2 hours.
    The locals on Facebook were saying the exact same thing.

They don't want it running thru LA because the punks and the gangs would graffiti it up, throw rocks and shoot at it in no time, and a train station would quickly turn into the newest LA-city-sight where drugs, hookers, queers and robberies would prevail. LA's already enuf of a shithole with all their democratic-fueled homelessness, rats & rodent infestations, diseases and human excrement displays.

On the positive side....redietz will only need to take the bus from his boyfriend's flat to beautiful Victorville.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

On the positive side....redietz will only need to take the bus from his boyfriend's flat to beautiful Victorville.
    You mean "Victimville".

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    They don't want it running thru LA because the punks and the gangs would graffiti it up, throw rocks and shoot at it in no time, and a train station would quickly turn into the newest LA-city-sight where drugs, hookers, queers and robberies would prevail. LA's already enuf of a shithole with all their democratic-fueled homelessness, rats & rodent infestations, diseases and human excrement displays.

Not sure what the boyfriend reference is about. Nothing wrong with being gay, but I can't say I have any experience. If that was "Singer's" coy way of asking me out, sorry, I don't date anyone older than me. The golden rule.

When I lived in Orange, I occasionally took the LuxBus from the Anaheim pickup to Las Vegas. I recommended it before and still do. Here's the site:

www.LuxBusAmerica.com

Thread Information