Those of you who have followed my Wise Guys Contest plays the last couple of years have made some reasonable money, especially if you laid off the plays after the college regular season ended, as per my advice. Unfortunately, it's an 18-week contest, and I basically have 10 weeks worth of plays.

Anyway, I wanted to give a heads up that this college football season looks exceedingly difficult. I'm not saying don't play my games, but I would cut way back and wager maybe a third of what you've played the last few years. It is that rough, just eyeballing it in advance. Too few good teams; a real lack of quality defenses. Not my cup of tea.

I've won 33 out of 40 seasons doing this professionally, and usually I have some sense of how hard it's going to be. This 2019 thing looks hard.

A couple of quick notes. I don't think I mentioned it here, but somehow I won the 2018 LineMasters' Bowl Contest. Not sure how. I lost the first two games, then won 9 out of 10 and won all of the big ones. Very lucky. Half of those games, in my opinion, were not even bettable, but you had to use 12 plays in the contest. Also, I was one of two people who finished in the top 25 of both the college and NFL Northbet.ag contests last season. I didn't win a cent (top three cashed), but at least I got to squint at the leaderboard each week.

That's about it. Good luck in 2019.