1 14.29%
  • No

5 71.43%
  • Still Thinking About It. Probably Will Donate

1 14.29%
  • Still Thinking About It. Probably Won't Donate

0 0%

Thread: Did You Donate to Hurricane Dorian Relief

When Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005 almost half of Americans donated something. The median amount donated was about $50. Now we have another terrible disaster in the Bahamas with Hurricane Dorian, and I'm curious if folks on this forum think enough about their fellow man to help out desperate people.

Here are some facts on Hurricane Katrina.
    http://theconversation.com/american-...answered-83277

I decided to do a poll on Hurricane Dorian donations.

Donating to these people is like donating to a crack addict. The only way to prevent this is too not live in disaster prone areas.

Anyone who donates to any of these so-called "disaster relief funds" is out-of-touch with today's realities. I learned that after Katrina. Not only did my $200 disappear into non-traceability--$5000 was cleaned out of my credit card before the next morning.

Most of that money can't be tracked, and if it can there's a good chance of theft of corruption at the source. People are not good in general, esp. those who don't have money but suddenly find themselves in charge of large sums.

Never donate to any cause.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Anyone who donates to any of these so-called "disaster relief funds" is out-of-touch with today's realities. I learned that after Katrina. Not only did my $200 disappear into non-traceability--$5000 was cleaned out of my credit card before the next morning.

Most of that money can't be tracked, and if it can there's a good chance of theft of corruption at the source. People are not good in general, esp. those who don't have money but suddenly find themselves in charge of large sums.

St. Judes is legitimate.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post

St. Judes is legitimate.
    You didn't vote.

Check out any charity you plan to donate to first. Both Charity Watch and Charity Navigator rate charities if they are legitimate and also if they use donations wisely.

Charity Watch: https://www.charitywatch.org/charity...ian-relief/115

Charity Navigator: https://www.charitynavigator.org/

I made my donation to this charity.https://www.allhandsandhearts.org/
    It is rated A+ by Charity Watch and contributions are being matched by Norwegian Cruise Lines up to $2,000,000. For Hurricane Katrinia I donated to the Red Cross which is really not ranked that high by Charity Watch.

Scam charities pop up with disasters. You have to be careful.

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post

St. Judes is legitimate.
    You didn't vote.
    I did a few minutes ago, for thinking about donating.

Friend of mine used to work the fair circuit placing or walking around with cans with Bob Hope or Jerry Lewis or any other face of a charity on the cans. He made good money until he got in a fight when a guy tried to steal his cans. Imagine--the nerve of a guy to steal from a fake charity.

St. Judes is legitimate.
    My son is part of St. Jude's administration. I'm very proud of him.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

St. Judes is legitimate.
    My son is part of St. Jude's administration. I'm very proud of him.
    As you very well should be proud. I cannot think of a more honorable occupation. I am proud of my wife who is a regular contributor to that same charity group.

slingshot, tell your son that my wife and I are proud of him too.
    Last edited by BoSox; 09-12-2019 at 08:59 AM.

While St. Jude isn't a "disaster relief" outfit and certainly helps children and their needy families in the most righteous of ways, it's a very safe bet that there are some even in that organization who take advantage of the monetary opportunities that come their way. Even the all-moral/no nonsense Bill Clinton somehow mysteriously made tens of millions of dollars in donations disappear from the auditor's books during his so-called "caring efforts" for the Haiti victims fund.

Noble or not, these places are run by people. And people inherently are no good, especially when it comes to a sudden influx of other people's fresh money for ANY reason..
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 09-12-2019 at 12:21 PM.

While St. Jude isn't a "disaster relief" outfit and certainly helps children and their needy families in the most righteous of ways, it's a very safe bet that there are some even in that organization who take advantage of the monetary opportunities that come their way. Even the all-moral/no nonsense Bill Clinton somehow mysteriously made tens of millions of dollars in donations disappear from the auditor's books during his so-called "caring efforts" for the Haiti victims fund.

Noble or not, these places are run by people. And people inherently are no good, especially when it comes to a sudden influx of other people's fresh money for ANY reason..
    Looks like James Downing, the CEO of St. Jude, made about $1.2M last year. Not a bad gig.
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-12 Top Charity Compensation Packages.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  36.4 KB

President Trump won't even let Bahamians into our country without papers. How could they have papers when everything was destroyed in the hurricane. Trump is the most son of a bitch President our country has ever seen. The damage he has done to our country's moral and human decency is going to hurt our country for decades to come.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN1VW2OS
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 09-12-2019 at 03:18 PM.

President Trump won't even let Bahamians into our country without papers. How could they have papers when everything was destroyed in the hurricane. Trump is the most son of a bitch President our country has ever seen. The damage he has done to our country's moral and human decency is going to hurt our country for decades to come.
    What a foolish post. They'd readily be accepted in Venezuela, right?

By the way--for all you misguided Trump haters: I'm sure you all know how that lying weasel Andrew McCabe will soon be indicted for his crimes surrounding crooked Hillary. Get the popcorn out.....it'll be the first of many, as the Govt. proves how the Clinton witch and traitor Obama tried unsuccessfully to stop Trump from winning, then tried to create a coup to oust him.

Eli's coming, libtards!
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 09-12-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Yeah, and he ruined your stocks too. That dirty son-of-a....no wait!!! The market is back over 27K! Now don’t you feel like a little bitch for all that pissing and whining?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information