I'll tell you what I equate this too. Anyone who plays blackjack regularly, especially on weekends (evenings/nights) and especially not at the low limit tables, has probably encountered some drunk player giving away chips to other players, especially if the other players are rooting for them and I am always rooting for everyone to win. It is good business for me. I have probably had this happen 6-8 times. Usually they are giving way $25 chips, one time $100. These players are usually betting much more, although one time he was only betting $100 but gave away $25 to 3 players at a time. And these players are always pretty visibly drunk.

I generally don't like playing with intoxicated players, but when I play weekends and specifically weekend nights, it is advantageous for me to play with players betting more than me, at least more than my smaller or minimum wagers, so that when I raise my bets, I don't stick out so much (sometimes not at all). I call this playing in the shadows (of a bigger bettor).

So when these clearly intoxicated players, who shouldn't even be allowed to play, offer chips to other players, if you politely refuse, they take offense. It is better just to go a head and take it. But the truth is, I have no idea what these peoples financial situation is. It is doubtful they are some high roller that really doesn't need the money, More likely they have just cashed a paycheck of a couple thousand and are in the process of blowing it. As a matter of fact there has been at least one occasion that I played with such a player long enough to see him lose all his money, in which case I did return his money and he accepted it.

So the bottom line, if I am not trying to take advantage of someone who is insisting you take their money, I am not going to feel bad about doing so.