Thread: Chick-fil-A to open in downtown Las Vegas

Good move by the Golden Nugget management - the chicken sandwiches there are delicious.

Rumors for years they were opening where Pinks was outside Planet Hollywood on the strip. Never confirmed.

So a restaurant that doesn't open on Sundays is moving to the heart of sin city a city that never sleeps. What next.

Chick-fil-A does have delicious food and it's amazing that they're #1 even without being open on Sundays, but we have to go some miles out of the way to get it. Still, it's refreshing that the majority of their employees are wholesome young folks who appear interested in making the customer's experience enjoyable. Compared to the mostly "entitled feeling" collection of slugs you find at places like Bugger King, Jack off in the Box, Carl's Jr. etc., I actually look forward to going there. But my favorite reason for buying their product is because the owner understands simple common sense and logic, by agreeing that marriage is only true & meaningful when entered into by a man and a woman. Anything else constitutes degeneracy, delusion, and lunacy.

The one we went to had the same teenager type kids working the joint. Didn't notice any different service compared to anywhere else.

P.S. marriage is just a piece of paper allowing the govt to get involved in your personal life.

I wonder about the Sunday closure thing in this instance. Fremont Street's busiest day would be Saturday, Sunday would be second, Friday (mostly Friday night) third. And the rest of the week lagging way behind. To have a business that is closed on the second busiest day of the week doesn't make a lot of sense. And for some of these big event weekends, like Nascar (2 weekends a year), Sunday is probably the busiest day.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I wonder about the Sunday closure thing in this instance. Fremont Street's busiest day would be Saturday, Sunday would be second, Friday (mostly Friday night) third. And the rest of the week lagging way behind. To have a business that is closed on the second busiest day of the week doesn't make a lot of sense. And for some of these big event weekends, like Nascar (2 weekends a year), Sunday is probably the busiest day.
    Nascar fans probably love a chicken patty with 2 pieces of bread and a pickle.

"OH man this is so great".

When you jack the prices up like CFA does, you can afford more days off. Sort of like card counters having to work more hours than hole carders for the same money.

Speaking of busy days... anyone know what event was going on in downtown LV yesterday?

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Speaking of busy days... anyone know what event was going on in downtown LV yesterday?
    Life is beautiful. It is a huge music /culture event with mega drinking. It is only about 5 years old now. Came to town when Zappos became a big presence in DT Vegas.

My brother has friends that come from Florida for this (3rd year). I have been playing designated driver, although I did drink some Friday night. Reminded me why I gave up serious drinking. lol

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Life is beautiful. It is a huge music /culture event with mega drinking. It is only about 5 years old now. Came to town when Zappos became a big presence in DT Vegas.

My brother has friends that come from Florida for this (3rd year). I have been playing designated driver, although I did drink some Friday night. Reminded me why I gave up serious drinking. lol
    Ok thanks, garages were full everywhere.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post

P.S. marriage is just a piece of paper allowing the govt to get involved in your personal life.
    Yep, great point.

Originally Posted by Desertrunner View Post

Yep, great point.
    This is confusing. I've been married 41 years, and the only involvement the federal government's had in my life is during the 10 years I worked for them, my govt pension, my IRS audits, and now my social security and Medicare. Whether I was married or not wouldn't have added or subtracted anything.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Yep, great point.
    This is confusing. I've been married 41 years, and the only involvement the federal government's had in my life is during the 10 years I worked for them, my govt pension, my IRS audits, and now my social security and Medicare. Whether I was married or not wouldn't have added or subtracted anything.
    Married people pay more in income taxes. You can't just leave her without court intervention. No need for that silly piece of paper. Just be with her and be happy.

The one we went to had the same teenager type kids working the joint. Didn't notice any different service compared to anywhere else.
    Come on, you've been around here long enough to know what he's referring to.

The Sunday thing is a non-issue; CFA is the most profitable per unit fast food restaurant in the country. Hell, they've started putting them in football stadiums; imagine how much revenue they're missing out on there.

Yep, great point.
    Married people pay more in income taxes. You can't just leave her without court intervention. No need for that silly piece of paper. Just be with her and be happy.
    ?? I didn't get married to get divorced. And the only reason our taxes went up is because we have two incomes. Otherwise, taxes would have gone down.

But I get your point: marriage isn't required to be happy.

?? I didn't get married to get divorced. And the only reason our taxes went up is because we have two incomes. Otherwise, taxes would have gone down.

But I get your point: marriage isn't required to be happy.
    You'd both have a lower tax rate if you weren't married. But that really wasn't the point. The point is, it's gov't intrusion into your private life.

As for getting married to get divorced, Alan might have a different view on that subject!

That's also costing him much more had he not been married.

Thread Information