Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Jean Scott Retiring

  1. #21
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Wise up, dopey.

    Jean and Brad, plain and simple, are the stereotypical long time video poker addicts. As a very good comparison, arci and his wife also moved to LV to be able to satisfy their craving of playing -EV VP--also using slot club benefits as the bridge to being able to claim +EV.... until the Mrs. became too ill to continue. So they moved away.

    Jean and Brad did much the same thing....although she found the time to write. Now, they depart. Again, illness gains the upper, sensible hand.

    These VP plays that get some forum hack like Piggy all wet are not what a real VP AP would call being worth their time. While the Cherokee play may have been the best in CET's empire, knowledgeable players know that ain't saying much. And guess how much it cost the two of them to make those trips from LV to Georgia to Cherokee and back. For NSUD with "sensible TIER CREDITS"? Get real.
    I find it hard to believe that you have had any individual success in life, like you claim. Denigrating someone that has done no evil and is heading into the grave is about as despicable as it gets. You deserve whatever evil comes your way. Just a poor excuse for a human.
    The problem with this world is how people refuse or are afraid to say things that are true--and that they know are true--because it's not "politically correct" or that others like you might come along and attack just because a view doesn't support your agenda.

    There was no "denigrating" of anybody in what I posted, and if you really think that then there are other, more sinister thoughts and wishes permeating your troubled mind. It's obvious that people who play the casinos' most addictive of games, VP, at such tiny edges based solely on ancillary benefits--and who feel compelled to actually move to where the machines are at their daily fingertips--do indeed have gambling problems. That hard fact, inasmuch as it is nearly intolerable for certain gaming forum members to accept, admit to, or even hear, is indisputable.

    That said, I've met and talked to Jean and Brad several times, and they without a doubt are decent folks. I don't know about arci and his wife because I've never met them in person. But he sure was a lying scoundrel on online forums--at least with or about me and my family.

    However, saying how older, possibly dying people have eventually had to give in to a part of life that forces them to terminate their gambling habits, is nothing but fact, and you know it. Further, being that my wife and I are not so far behind the aforementioned couples (although we were intelligent and disciplined enough not to have succumbed to the temptation of needing to move to Nevada just for me to see as much action as possible) it is all the more reasonable to expect that I speak these words out of librarial experience....and not out of malice.

    Common sense max. Simple common sense.
    (Any other comments or replies are irrelevant)
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 10-12-2019 at 06:02 AM.

  2. #22
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Wise up, dopey.

    Jean and Brad, plain and simple, are the stereotypical long time video poker addicts. As a very good comparison, arci and his wife also moved to LV to be able to satisfy their craving of playing -EV VP--also using slot club benefits as the bridge to being able to claim +EV.... until the Mrs. became too ill to continue. So they moved away.

    Jean and Brad did much the same thing....although she found the time to write. Now, they depart. Again, illness gains the upper, sensible hand.

    These VP plays that get some forum hack like Piggy all wet are not what a real VP AP would call being worth their time. While the Cherokee play may have been the best in CET's empire, knowledgeable players know that ain't saying much. And guess how much it cost the two of them to make those trips from LV to Georgia to Cherokee and back. For NSUD with "sensible TIER CREDITS"? Get real.
    I find it hard to believe that you have had any individual success in life, like you claim. Denigrating someone that has done no evil and is heading into the grave is about as despicable as it gets. You deserve whatever evil comes your way. Just a poor excuse for a human.
    He has children too, correct? Just imagine the beat in life they took having this man as a father. Damn. No idea what that is in SDs of badluck, but you're literally better off with no father.

    He'd stupid, nasty, and ugly. It is a rare thing in life to hit all 3.

    Oh yea and a gambling addict who believed in weird systems to cover up losing play all his life. Gawd.

  3. #23
    I know this board is full of sharps. Sorry for repeating the obvious.

  4. #24
    And you forgot that all that stupidity, nastiness, and ugliness has made my FOUR grandchildren all hate me for life....and the reason I've been married to the same woman for FORTY ONE YEARS is because I've locked her up in the basement since 1979. Don't forget--I'm busted-out too. The Grand Slam of shame.

    Then there's my VP play......I'm SUCH a loser....
    And to be THIS broke? Oh where did I go wrong!

    Idiot.

  5. #25
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    And you forgot that all that stupidity, nastiness, and ugliness has made my FOUR grandchildren all hate me for life....and the reason I've been married to the same woman for FORTY ONE YEARS is because I've locked her up in the basement since 1979. Don't forget--I'm busted-out too. The Grand Slam of shame.

    Then there's my VP play......I'm SUCH a loser....
    And to be THIS broke? Oh where did I go wrong!

    Now that wasn't so bad was it Rob? A huge burden must have been lifted from your shoulders to stop that facade you always put on. The only thing left is after your leg heals is that you go three rounds in the ring with Dietz, where I hope he clobbers you.
    Last edited by BoSox; 10-12-2019 at 11:24 AM.

  6. #26
    Rob, you're na´ve on many topics you discuss.

  7. #27
    ....coming from a fool poster who's been exposed as such numerous times by other posters.

    In fact, this forum is really done with, regardless how many times an anonymous attention-seeker and pot-stirer like yourself tries and tries and tries to revive old topics simply to impose your twisted and inexperienced logic onto anyone who might read them. Dan obviously doesn't care, and ever since mickey took the unpopular route of thinking for himself on something bothersome to a certain anonymous clique here, this forum has sunk into oblivion.

    Get interested in football. More games are on tomorrow.

  8. #28
    Yes, I mentioned the NSUD game at Cherokee years ago, and in fact played it. Unfortunately, I am very far from NC, and don't have much occasion to go there. I've been to that state only once in my entire life.

    Here's my Pokerfraudalert "Diamond in a Day" thread where I mention the NSUD game (from 2016): https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post518096
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  9. #29
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yes, I mentioned the NSUD game at Cherokee years ago, and in fact played it. Unfortunately, I am very far from NC, and don't have much occasion to go there. I've been to that state only once in my entire life.

    Here's my Pokerfraudalert "Diamond in a Day" thread where I mention the NSUD game (from 2016): https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post518096
    Okay, I see it now. And now that I think about it I told Jean and others about the information on 7-stars that you were putting out. She even commented about it and recommended it in her blog. This is probably how she learned about the play.
    Luck is probability taken personally.

  10. #30
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yes, I mentioned the NSUD game at Cherokee years ago, and in fact played it. Unfortunately, I am very far from NC, and don't have much occasion to go there. I've been to that state only once in my entire life.

    Here's my Pokerfraudalert "Diamond in a Day" thread where I mention the NSUD game (from 2016): https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post518096
    You didn't go after the play because it would have cost you far more to go there and play it than you might have theoretically won IF you could have played it perfectly--which people 40 years older than you obviously could not have.

  11. #31
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yes, I mentioned the NSUD game at Cherokee years ago, and in fact played it. Unfortunately, I am very far from NC, and don't have much occasion to go there. I've been to that state only once in my entire life.

    Here's my Pokerfraudalert "Diamond in a Day" thread where I mention the NSUD game (from 2016): https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post518096
    You didn't go after the play because it would have cost you far more to go there and play it than you might have theoretically won IF you could have played it perfectly--which people 40 years older than you obviously could not have.
    I admit my memory is not as good as it used to be. I take pics of strategies on the software so I have it on my phone. If I've forgotten how to play a hand I just look on my phone.
    Luck is probability taken personally.

  12. #32
    Yeah, in the smartphone era, you can always look up the correct play. Slows you down, but you can do it.

    However, Rob does raise a good point that few people play "perfect". This is because of:

    1) Misclicks
    2) Incorrect beliefs of what is the correct play, where you don't bother looking it up
    3) Neglect of tiny-impact optimal plays, where the hassle of analyzing and making the "right" move isn't worth the tiny amount of extra return obtained. (These are often "blocker" related -- where you're throwing away a card which could potentially help you if you re-draw to something else promising.)

    So you should always knock a bit off the "optimal return" to get what is likely the true expected return, and of course there's also a ton of variance.

    With that said, NSUD is a good game to run up tier credits, since it's lower variance by VP standards, and the return is high.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  13. #33
    In her blog Jean said Cherokee raised the NSUD up to $25 per tier credit.
    Luck is probability taken personally.

  14. #34
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yeah, in the smartphone era, you can always look up the correct play. Slows you down, but you can do it.

    However, Rob does raise a good point that few people play "perfect". This is because of:

    1) Misclicks
    2) Incorrect beliefs of what is the correct play, where you don't bother looking it up
    3) Neglect of tiny-impact optimal plays, where the hassle of analyzing and making the "right" move isn't worth the tiny amount of extra return obtained. (These are often "blocker" related -- where you're throwing away a card which could potentially help you if you re-draw to something else promising.)

    So you should always knock a bit off the "optimal return" to get what is likely the true expected return, and of course there's also a ton of variance.

    With that said, NSUD is a good game to run up tier credits, since it's lower variance by VP standards, and the return is high.
    With regard to item 3), "blocker" is also and very commonly referred to as a penalty card(s). One of my favorite examples of their impact is when K10X suited (X is 2 thru 8) is held in 9/6 DDB. Ordinarily, you never hold 3 to a flush in this game.
    Name:  three_to_flush_hold_ddb.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  117.7 KB
    Here is an extra bonus picture related to a different post of mine ;-)
    Name:  rath.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  10.5 KB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jean Scott Million Dollar Video Poker
    By slobdinger in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-20-2019, 04:46 AM
  2. Retiring as a professional gambler
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 12-11-2015, 02:19 PM
  3. Quickie Trip report at Caesars, Gold Strike in Jean
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 05:28 PM
  4. $1 Progressive at Gold Strike Casino in Jean
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2013, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •