Thread: Deck of cards vs a video poker game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

That's funny max!

But what I'm getting at is, there are certain things in life where the odds are really stacked against happening, but because of determination and hard work, you can overcome them. And THAT is exactly what occurred with the four years I played my play strategy. It is also what would occur to anyone else who approached VP in precisely the same manner. No it can't be supported with the math, but it did occur....and given the same circumstances it would happen again. Good luck cannot be predicted, but it can be prepared for. I'm a master of that.

Like mickey, I've seen the light. I took Rob's words above to heart, drove to Cherokee this morning, and used ARTT to make 75K in just under six hours. I didn't want anyone to notice me using a host, so I cleverly drove home, tagged my garage, and will drive back tonight.

All this time, all these years, I've been using expertise acquired over decades. I realize now that hard work (is that measured in calories or time -- should I use a fitbit or a time clock?), determination (I have oodles of that), and being prepared for good luck are what matter.

This professional gambling schtick just got a whole lot easier. I owe it all to Rob. Thanks, buddy!

I've also learned from Rob that being CIA-slick is the way to go. No W2G's (I bribed the Cherokee), no credit card gasoline or food receipts (I travel with cash), and no tax burden. No phone records. If anybody asks, I was at the library, studying football. Even my girlfriend and neighbors don't know. Plus Cherokee let me borrow a vp machine so I can practice at home for three or four months. The faster you play, the more you win.

Ummm, if anybody asks, I made all of this up because anybody doing it would be breaking a few laws (pssst, it's all really true, but I won't verify that for a couple of years - you know, statutes of limitations).

See you guys later. I'm off to...the library. Yeah, the library. That's the ticket.
    Redietz, you're pulling the same bullshit as KJ. I've never endorsed Rob's video poker system which has nothing to do with the double up bug. But you and your worthless buddy, KJ keep pushing that bullshit. All you phony assholes are doing is trolling. You call others out for trolling, take offense at what they say, hold grudges because of it, but you two are front line trolls yourselves. So shove it up your ass.
    Actually, mickey, you did (briefly) expound on the idea that the free play garnered using "Singer's" style of play could push a player into the black. I had no qualms with you saying that, especially since I basically posted similar comments a couple of years prior to you joining this forum. There are definite advantages to playing like a martingale madman in terms of garnering comp attention. The voodoo style, in years past, may have boosted certain offers and created a helpful profile.

The problem I have with your current style of commentary is that you, as you said, "don't endorse" the various voodoo systems. But you don't shoot them down, either. You stay low key and quiet regarding the voodoo these days, whereas a couple of years ago you would have addressed every nonsensical "Singer" post, like the one I just commented about.

The striking thing isn't that I bothered to comment on the "Singer" post about luck, determination, and all that. The striking thing, if you were to survey all the years and thousands of posts on this forum, is that mickey crimm did not.

Axel, I don't think I ever laid into you regarding much of anything. Sometimes people conflate my posts with some of kewlJ's. The only disagreement I remember with you was regarding people like Shackleford or Ferguson (Wong) not only publicizing sports betting plays, but acting as if they discovered them. You think it's okay; I think they should have their hands cut off. I don't really use angles like that, so it doesn't affect me much, but it does affect other people. Other than that, I think it's a little ironic or weird that you technically claim that you don't aspire to be on the prow of a public ship, but you have about 30,000 posts floating around the gambling ether. Not a big deal. To each his own.
    Last edited by redietz; 10-17-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Thread Information