Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deck of cards vs a video poker game

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    I have a few comments and a question:

I consider myself as having had better-than-average luck in video poker and life, and even much better-than-average luck on certain things. In short, this has contributed to my being a clear over-achiever in most things I've done or attempted to do. If you knew me as a teenager, you'd have pegged me as someone who did not have much of a future.

That all changed, of course, starting when the Govt. got their hands on me. Best thing that could've ever happen. And while the majority of the assholes I went to Jr. High and High School with have been saddled with ex-wives and miserable/failed relationships, my wife and I celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary yesterday and today.

My question: is my long and happy marriage the result of some sort of an algorithm of numbers that says "some people HAVE to make it....or is it just simple good fortune"?
    In order to answer that question correctly one would have to know if your wife possesses all of her faculties or not.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I've gone 4400 games between quads.
    That's fucking brutal Mickey.

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Ignore my comment about the many years of playing cards. Just look at my initial post.

I shuffled a deck of playing cards then dealt myself five. I did this about 25 times. Rarely I dealt myself more than a pair.

I play 25 hands on a video poker machine and amazingly I might get a straight or a flush, and frequently two pair.

Now, please get a deck of cards and shuffle and deal 25 hands. Compare that to the first 25 hands you play on a video poker machine. Report back.
    By the math it's about 50/50 you will get a pair or higher in your first five cards.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I consider myself as having had better-than-average luck in video poker and life, and even much better-than-average luck on certain things. In short, this has contributed to my being a clear over-achiever in most things I've done or attempted to do. If you knew me as a teenager, you'd have pegged me as someone who did not have much of a future.

That all changed, of course, starting when the Govt. got their hands on me. Best thing that could've ever happen. And while the majority of the assholes I went to Jr. High and High School with have been saddled with ex-wives and miserable/failed relationships, my wife and I celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary yesterday and today.

My question: is my long and happy marriage the result of some sort of an algorithm of numbers that says "some people HAVE to make it....or is it just simple good fortune"?
    Happy Anniversary! From all I read the past 10+ years, you picked a good one!

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

I once held a pair of tens and at the instant I hit the draw button I seen the 3-Card Royal in the hand so had to live with the conequences. Out jumped ten-ten to make quads. As you can see, sling, I've never forgotten that event. I got lucky as hell on a bad move. But I still don't hold a pair of tens over a 3-Card Royal.

By your logic making the wrong move causes good luck and making the right move causes bad luck. The truth is you can't control luck. It just happens whether its bad or good. But you can go ahead and stick in a pin it it if you want to. Oh, and play the lottery. Just takes luck, right?
    That's NOT my logic. I've studied the holds, practiced with the programs before. Three to the royal has a chance to make 14 hands. A high card with a suited 10 has the possibility of quads with either card-Ive hit 4 10s before.
    I've played multi-millions of hands of video poker. I've hit quads the same way you have more than one time. Twice I've hit 3 royals within four hours. I've gone a quarter million hands without a royal. I've hit royals every way you can, including throwing the whole hand away and making a royal. I once made 4 deuces and on the very next hand made 4 deuces again. I've gone 4400 games between quads.

On your hand the probability of making 4 tens on the draw is 1 in 16,215. Same with making 4 aces from it. It will happen to everybody if they play long enough.

Sling, there are some forces going on in your head. Confirmation bias. Negative reinforcement. Selective memory. To name a few.
    Well-my final reply to all this. I'm playing artt-5¢-50¢. I lose all three lower demons and on 50¢ I make one of these "delusional" plays and come up with "only" 2 pair or trips. So what? Well, all my previous losses are wiped out, plus I have an extra 5 credits. So what?? Well, I now have more chances to either win or prolong the game to have even more chances. ( works great on free play!). And my selective memory of previous successes causes my denial of "reality".

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

In order to answer that question correctly one would have to know if your wife possesses all of her faculties or not.
    That's funny max!

But what I'm getting at is, there are certain things in life where the odds are really stacked against happening, but because of determination and hard work, you can overcome them. And THAT is exactly what occurred with the four years I played my play strategy. It is also what would occur to anyone else who approached VP in precisely the same manner. No it can't be supported with the math, but it did occur....and given the same circumstances it would happen again. Good luck cannot be predicted, but it can be prepared for. I'm a master of that.

That's NOT my logic. I've studied the holds, practiced with the programs before. Three to the royal has a chance to make 14 hands. A high card with a suited 10 has the possibility of quads with either card-Ive hit 4 10s before.
    I've played multi-millions of hands of video poker. I've hit quads the same way you have more than one time. Twice I've hit 3 royals within four hours. I've gone a quarter million hands without a royal. I've hit royals every way you can, including throwing the whole hand away and making a royal. I once made 4 deuces and on the very next hand made 4 deuces again. I've gone 4400 games between quads.

On your hand the probability of making 4 tens on the draw is 1 in 16,215. Same with making 4 aces from it. It will happen to everybody if they play long enough.

Sling, there are some forces going on in your head. Confirmation bias. Negative reinforcement. Selective memory. To name a few.
    Well-my final reply to all this. I'm playing artt-5¢-50¢. I lose all three lower demons and on 50¢ I make one of these "delusional" plays and come up with "only" 2 pair or trips. So what? Well, all my previous losses are wiped out, plus I have an extra 5 credits. So what?? Well, I now have more chances to either win or prolong the game to have even more chances. ( works great on free play!). And my selective memory of previous successes causes my denial of "reality".
    Great, so I guess you quit your day job and are playing VP for a living.

That's funny max!

But what I'm getting at is, there are certain things in life where the odds are really stacked against happening, but because of determination and hard work, you can overcome them. And THAT is exactly what occurred with the four years I played my play strategy. It is also what would occur to anyone else who approached VP in precisely the same manner. No it can't be supported with the math, but it did occur....and given the same circumstances it would happen again. Good luck cannot be predicted, but it can be prepared for. I'm a master of that.

Like mickey, I've seen the light. I took Rob's words above to heart, drove to Cherokee this morning, and used ARTT to make 75K in just under six hours. I didn't want anyone to notice me using a host, so I cleverly drove home, tagged my garage, and will drive back tonight.

All this time, all these years, I've been using expertise acquired over decades. I realize now that hard work (is that measured in calories or time -- should I use a fitbit or a time clock?), determination (I have oodles of that), and being prepared for good luck are what matter.

This professional gambling schtick just got a whole lot easier. I owe it all to Rob. Thanks, buddy!

I've also learned from Rob that being CIA-slick is the way to go. No W2G's (I bribed the Cherokee), no credit card gasoline or food receipts (I travel with cash), and no tax burden. No phone records. If anybody asks, I was at the library, studying football. Even my girlfriend and neighbors don't know. Plus Cherokee let me borrow a vp machine so I can practice at home for three or four months. The faster you play, the more you win.

Ummm, if anybody asks, I made all of this up because anybody doing it would be breaking a few laws (pssst, it's all really true, but I won't verify that for a couple of years - you know, statutes of limitations).

See you guys later. I'm off to...the library. Yeah, the library. That's the ticket.

I once held a pair of tens and at the instant I hit the draw button I seen the 3-Card Royal in the hand so had to live with the conequences. Out jumped ten-ten to make quads. As you can see, sling, I've never forgotten that event. I got lucky as hell on a bad move. But I still don't hold a pair of tens over a 3-Card Royal.

By your logic making the wrong move causes good luck and making the right move causes bad luck. The truth is you can't control luck. It just happens whether its bad or good. But you can go ahead and stick in a pin it it if you want to. Oh, and play the lottery. Just takes luck, right?

Amen!!!

What is artt?
    It's a betting progression system Ron Singer created for video poker. He can provide you with more details if he wants. He said he made $375,000 using it IIRC. Most people, including myself, are quite skeptical of this system.

Redietz has a "girlfriend" at his age?

Embarrassing.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    What is artt?
    It's a betting progression system Ron Singer created for video poker. He can provide you with more details if he wants. He said he made $375,000 using it IIRC. Most people, including myself, are quite skeptical of this system.
    Nope. I won using the Singer Play Strategy. ARTT (advanced romp-thru-town strategy) was developed as a less complicated alternate for the many, many players who wanted something from me they could actually play (not everyone has the intellectual capacity I have).

While a statement like that might piss a few of the losers here off, I'll set them straight on another hate-filled/confused/envious reality.

Since I'm not cowardly enough to have ever hid my real name under the guise of some anonymous poster ever since I identified myself and my full life's history on my legendary site VP Truth.com in Jan. of 2000, there are plenty of lesser folk in the gambling world who would rather see me 6 feet under. Only problem is....I'll outlive most of them, even at my age.

But the day will come when I RIP...and IN PEACE it will surely be. You see, I've led a life outside the realm of the typical "professional gambler" which begins with having had a very successful professional working career BEFORE entering the world of professional gambling....and the whole ball of wax was always bolstered by an even more successful family life. You don't see this stuff every day.

As such, the extraordinary life I've had--including having devised a winning VP "system" that remains outside the comprehension limits of most common folk, and the money I made from exploiting a VP computer flaw that no one else realized until several lesser individuals showed they didn't possess the ability or understanding to follow thru on it in an intelligent manner--will only be seen as incredible and truly memorable by my family and a few very close friends who truly know me, while the rest of the outside world will mark my passing as an unremarkable event. And I am 110% OK with every bit of that.

Since when does "many many players" mean only one person? Namely Slingshot.

Seriously Rob, nobody, except for maybe the named above, is buying into your shtick. Give it up.

"-will only be seen as incredible and truly memorable by my family and a few very close friends who truly know me, while the rest of the outside world will mark my passing as an unremarkable event."

When the passing of Mr. Singer takes place, it will not be an unremarkable event not by a long shot. Descriptions of your forum life may not be flattering. Most likely things said like, that guy was an insecure AP wannabe, a real pain in the ass who told plenty of fairy tales. I guess it will be felt in the same way "but unspoken" as many conservatives do of the passing of ways and means chairman Rep Elijah Cummings this morning.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post

Amen!!!
    You and Mickey don't have the brains or comprehension to play the Single Play Strategy.

Elijah Cummings, who I mentioned in two post back I stated the wrong committee, that he chaired He was chairman of oversight, not the ways and means which is chaired by Richie Neal of Mass.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post

Amen!!!
    You and Mickey don't have the brains or comprehension to play the Single Play Strategy.
    My brain won't allow me to trick itself into believing in a betting system that doesn't work. If his system was actually a winning system.... you better believe I could learn it, especially if it's based on the fact that the machines are not random(random in a way that no human being could possibly predict). If it's a systems based on gut feelings and speculation while using some kind of Martingale(or whatever) and duness theory I believe it would be impossible for anyone to learn it exactly like he believes it to. I guarantee you I could learn his system if there were set rules. I could even adapt to some gut feeling dueness bulshit.

You believe it actually works, but, if I recall correctly, Rob said you can't even completely comprehend it and you do it wrong. You should be making a bunch of f****** money if it works but from what I understand you just cock f*** around I'm small levels after all these years. If I thought something really worked as you do... I have to assume you're the one with no brains. Either A: haven't figured out it doesn't work yet, OR B: Haven't figured out how to f****** rape the casinos by now. If it works the system would allow you 24/7 access to tens of thousands of machines all over the world. And all you have to do is go sit your fat ass in a few seats all day whenever you get a hair up that ass. Not to mention, you would have virtually almost zero Heat doing this. Sure, there might be some oddball situation where some idiot manager freaks out cuz your winning too much. Big deal, just made a bunch of money you have thousands of other casinos to operate from. I'm not even going explain all the money you could make from FreePlay alone.

You must ask yourself... if Rob had a winning system why would he abandon that in search of a machine glitch that could potentially land him in jail and cause all kinds of problems and even get sued civilly, when he could have simply just continue making shit tons of money off of his system without any grief?

Until somebody can prove to me there's some kind of predictable pattern or a detectable non-randomness in the video poker games available to us there's zero chance I'll ever believe it's a winning system. I do believe it's possible to play a while using a Martingale/dueness system and come out ahead do to getting lucky on higher bets made.
    Last edited by AxelWolf; 10-17-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

That's funny max!

Like mickey, I've seen the light. I took Rob's words above to heart, drove to Cherokee this morning, and used ARTT to make 75K in just under six hours. I didn't want anyone to notice me using a host, so I cleverly drove home, tagged my garage, and will drive back tonight.

All this time, all these years, I've been using expertise acquired over decades. I realize now that hard work (is that measured in calories or time -- should I use a fitbit or a time clock?), determination (I have oodles of that), and being prepared for good luck are what matter.

This professional gambling schtick just got a whole lot easier. I owe it all to Rob. Thanks, buddy!

I've also learned from Rob that being CIA-slick is the way to go. No W2G's (I bribed the Cherokee), no credit card gasoline or food receipts (I travel with cash), and no tax burden. No phone records. If anybody asks, I was at the library, studying football. Even my girlfriend and neighbors don't know. Plus Cherokee let me borrow a vp machine so I can practice at home for three or four months. The faster you play, the more you win.

Ummm, if anybody asks, I made all of this up because anybody doing it would be breaking a few laws (pssst, it's all really true, but I won't verify that for a couple of years - you know, statutes of limitations).

See you guys later. I'm off to...the library. Yeah, the library. That's the ticket.
    Redietz, you're pulling the same bullshit as KJ. I've never endorsed Rob's video poker system which has nothing to do with the double up bug. But you and your worthless buddy, KJ keep pushing that bullshit. All you phony assholes are doing is trolling. You call others out for trolling, take offense at what they say, hold grudges because of it, but you two are front line trolls yourselves. So shove it up your ass.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Redietz disdain for Rob Singer seems to have caused him to be at odds with me and you. Not once prior to all this has redietz ever said one thing remotely negative to me I don't even remember exactly what he said now I'm not even remotely bothered by it(it really wasn't anything out of line), however, I'm damn sure of the motivation and that motivation had to do with not being in the I totally hate Rob singer Club at the time.

I kind of get it, but perhaps in the opposite way, I don't like when people say bad things about people I like.

Thread Information