Thread: 2020 Vegas Wise Guys Contest Canceled

In case anyone has been following my plays for the last few years, which has yielded some decent profits. I give credit to Marc Lawrence for making the call to suspend what would have been the 35th year of the invitation-only contest.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gamb...ed/#post779532

Shemp is by far the best of the stooges and Moe runs a close second.
    Curly is in third place.
    Makes sense as those 3 are all blood related.
    Many would rate Curly as number one though.
    Larry ranked fourth IMO.
    Curly Joe number 5 and I can barely remember Joe who would be ranked 6th IMO.
    Ted Healy gets an honorable mention as the creator.
    Howard seemed a better stage name than Horowitz and Fine decided to drop the burg.
    I own every episode on DVD and have only got through 4 seasons not counting the movies.
    When I am flipping through the channels at 3am I still find myself tuning in and dealing with the commercials.
    They started repeating many of their early episodes for some reason to fill in space when using the newer stooges.
    Great upload by the way!
    They really hit each other many times.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Many would rate Curly as number one though.
    Yes, my favorite is Curly.

Edit: nevermined, noted in above post.

Mr Dietz. are you going to be in the northbet contest in 2020?

Hey Lancehaf -- no, I won't.

Northbet, at least temporarily, banned me from depositing, so I'm ineligible for their contests. It's a shame. I believe I won their NFL contest about five years ago and finished third a year or two after that.

Thanks for asking. There is an artform to doing well in these no spread NFL contests, and I really did like the Northbet contest. Best of luck to you if you're in it.

Lancehaf, I made a fly by my pants decision. I think the rule is that I'm ineligible for prizes, but I might still be able to enter the Northbet contest and have the plays posted. If that's the case, I'll plug in the plays each week and people can follow along.

Quick Note: I am able to post plays in the Northbet no spread NFL contest, so have done so. It looks as if Northbet is not doing their college spread contest this year, so I can't post those. Did a good job in that last season.

Lancehaf,

If you get a chance, you might want to take a look at the Week Two Northbet Contest standings today. Wish me luck.

For anyone following Northbet or Heritage Contests, I head into the Monday Night game at Northbet tied with five other people for the week. No tiebreaker. I have the Saints. I assume everyone else will also have the Saints. In Heritage, which includes 20 games a week and uses some totals, I head into Monday night 18-0. I won't know until morning how many people are tied with me. There were eight heading into the Sunday night game at 16-0. I will need both the Saints and Under 51 1/2 Monday night to win the weekly.

Thread Information