Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Mr Dan I agree that at a prime steakhouse they should make your dinner right.

But you raised a new issue: have you had a problem with Southwest Airlines? I've been flying Southwest forever and never had a problem. I don't know anyone who has. Sure there are the usual delays all airlines have, but if there's any airline that goes out of its way to help customers it's Southwest. But you had a problem?

There are people who do have problems and often. I hope you're not one of those.

Now back to the steak. The server should have immediately started the process of making it right. The issue never should have reached a manager especially on New Year's Eve when a manager has too much to handle.
If you don't mind the lack of first class and the general cattle car feel of Southwest, it's fine. On the surface, they have a lot of customer friendly policies, and last I checked, they're actually BETTER at being on time than most other airlines.

Unfortunately, they are very poor at out-of-the-box solutions to issues that come up. All airlines are bad at this to some degree (hence why the industry is so hated), but Southwest is especially bad.

Their customer service reps and managers (even upper managers) basically have a rigid book of policies of, "If X happens, do Y for the customer." Provided your issue falls into one of those "X" categories, they will handle your issue well. But if you bring them issue "Z" which isn't specifically outlined what to do, they will go into panic mode, not know what to do, and eventually tell you to eat shit.