Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Not impressed at all

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Mr Dan I agree that at a prime steakhouse they should make your dinner right.

But you raised a new issue: have you had a problem with Southwest Airlines? I've been flying Southwest forever and never had a problem. I don't know anyone who has. Sure there are the usual delays all airlines have, but if there's any airline that goes out of its way to help customers it's Southwest. But you had a problem?

There are people who do have problems and often. I hope you're not one of those.

Now back to the steak. The server should have immediately started the process of making it right. The issue never should have reached a manager especially on New Year's Eve when a manager has too much to handle.
    If you don't mind the lack of first class and the general cattle car feel of Southwest, it's fine. On the surface, they have a lot of customer friendly policies, and last I checked, they're actually BETTER at being on time than most other airlines.

Unfortunately, they are very poor at out-of-the-box solutions to issues that come up. All airlines are bad at this to some degree (hence why the industry is so hated), but Southwest is especially bad.

Their customer service reps and managers (even upper managers) basically have a rigid book of policies of, "If X happens, do Y for the customer." Provided your issue falls into one of those "X" categories, they will handle your issue well. But if you bring them issue "Z" which isn't specifically outlined what to do, they will go into panic mode, not know what to do, and eventually tell you to eat shit.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    You thrive on conflict
    Of all people to be writing this to me
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    I don't think Dan is out of line in this case. He was dealing with extreme incompetence from the sounds of it. Especially noted after his second rehashing of events.
    Thank you. However I think this was worse than incompetence. I think the waitress and manager knew very well what a well done steak looks like.

The waitress was just lazy and bitchy (and probably already irritated that I wanted the price and size for the kid's steak earlier), and the manager was just an asshole who came over preparing to tell me NO, presumably because he deals with trashy downtown tourists all day who try to angle for free stuff.

It appears to be a prime steakhouse where they know their clientele isn't very refined, and they look down upon them.

Fake upscale businesses are the absolute worst. I go to all kinds of hotels and restaurants -- from very basic to very upscale -- but I hate when a place postures as upscale when they really don't want to give the level of service to match.

Just curious. How much does a steak dinner cost there anyway? Last time I ate in a steakhouse was at the Rainbow in Wendover. I think the meal was around $50 and this was maybe 5 years ago. The damn waitress came out with a portable vacuum clearer to vacuum up the crumbs from my bread. I was pissed because this could of waited until the meal was over. I now skip the steak house completely. Meal takes up too much time and uses up too many comps. I now stick with the $17 buffet.

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Just curious. How much does a steak dinner cost there anyway? Last time I ate in a steakhouse was at the Rainbow in Wendover. I think the meal was around $50 and this was maybe 5 years ago. The damn waitress came out with a portable vacuum clearer to vacuum up the crumbs from my bread. I was pissed because this could of waited until the meal was over. I now skip the steak house completely. Meal takes up too much time and uses up too many comps. I now stick with the $17 buffet.
    That seems very odd and really unsanitary to use a portable vacuum clearer on a plate. Especially since you were still eating... Oh my God, I think I may have said something bitchy if they used the vacuum clearer while I was still eating.

Wow! I would have asked for her to bring air freshener because I just farted!!

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    One of the more annoying scenes in high-end restaurants is having to witness the table next to you go thru a complaining session, where the manager has to be called because it couldn't be worked out at the server level. It gets worse watching the continued bickering.

This is not something you want a child to "learn from". All he'll remember is it being a reason his mom and her boyfriend broke up someday if that occurs.

Warnings are regularly issued about the dangers of eating uncooked/undercooked beef, chicken, pork, seafood etc. Some people smoke too. Others drink too much and still others take drugs. The risks are plentiful for the thrill-seekers of the world.
    "One of the more annoying scenes in high-end restaurants" ... as if Rob has assembled a list of the distractions he has to deal with during high-end dining.

God this guy so full of shit. Pathetic.

The steaks generally range from $50 to $80, with the Kobe stuff much more. But that's not including any sides. I think that's consistent for most LV steak houses. Vic and Anthony's sometimes offers fixed price option menus, where you choose from three entrees and a handful of sides plus dessert, and everything included goes for about $65. But the fixed option menus are available only for limited times on certain dates as promos.

If anyone asks what my compadres and I are doing in high end steak houses, occasionally we get lost en route to the coffee shops. Our flip phones lack GPS.

My thoughts on this depends if this was an early date in your relationship with your girlfriend, or if your girlfriend relationship was already an established long term live in relationship and you are just as good as being married. I feel what is important is the date and not so much the meal especially if you are trying to impress the other person. So if I was the girl I would of eaten the steak and said "boy that was good". On the other hand if you relationship is as good as already being married I would have expressed my disapproval with the meal.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post

That seems very odd and really unsanitary to use a portable vacuum clearer on a plate. Especially since you were still eating... Oh my God, I think I may have said something bitchy if they used the vacuum clearer while I was still eating.
    Tasha in the really exclusive high end steak houses they'll even sponge off your knives, forks and spoons as you eat.

She didn't use a portable vacuum cleaner on a plate. It was the bread crumbs that fell onto the table cloth. I can't remember if this was before the main course, or after it and before desert. I wasn't happy about it.

My thoughts on this depends if this was an early date in your relationship with your girlfriend, or if your girlfriend relationship was already an established long term live in relationship and you are just as good as being married. I feel what is important is the date and not so much the meal especially if you are trying to impress the other person. So if I was the girl I would of eaten the steak and said "boy that was good". On the other hand if you relationship is as good as already being married I would have expressed my disapproval with the meal.
    What the fuck difference does it make?....If you`re paying $300-$400 for a meal for 3 you should get your food the way you like and order it, end of story

Mr Midwest Player thank you for bringing to my attention that there were crumber vacuums. I just spent quite a while looking at the history of crumbers and I found crumber vacuums available online.

https://www.amazon.com/slp/table-cru...cr69cdx8aam5zb

I was only familiar with the handheld crumber tool until your post. Initially I thought you were referencing the use of a full sized "dust buster" to crumb the table. Silly me. LOL

Tasha in the really exclusive high end steak houses they'll even sponge off your knives, forks and spoons as you eat.
    I've been in some pretty high end places. Not once has anyone tried to fuck with my silverware.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

I've been in some pretty high end places. Not once has anyone tried to fuck with my silverware.
    Some people are just plain stupid.

We had been together almost 10 years by this point.

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    What the fuck difference does it make?....If you`re paying $300-$400 for a meal for 3 you should get your food the way you like and order it, end of story
    This really is my main point, though.

When you order food from a restaurant, it should ALWAYS be correct, and you have a right to complain (politely) if it's not. But when it's a high end place which costs a lot of money, there's also a much higher expectation regarding correctness of the food and the service/attitude.

Upon seeing a grossly overcooked steak brought to their attention, the immediate response should have been, "You're right, we are so sorry, let us get another one for you right away!"

The fact that the waitress AND manager argued about it (both attempting to convince me I was wrong about what "medium rare" meant) was something you'd see at Sizzler, not a high end prime steakhouse.

As I said, I believe a lot of this comes from them being paranoid that a lot of their sleazy downtown clientele are trying to find excuses to get free stuff, so they enter every situation from the standpoint of finding a way to say no.

Given that Vic & Anthony's is the same price as other prime Vegas steakhouses AND has an inconvenient downtown location, it's somewhere I will never return.

BTW, totally separate matter, but downtown sucks for NYE if you have kids. First off, everyone has to pay $20 for wristbands to even be on Fremont Street (lol). But that wasn't the issue, as we got those for free as guests of the Golden Nugget. However, you also have to be 21, so we weren't able to set foot down there, since we weren't going to leave our son in the room alone.

We ended up watching the fireworks from the roof of the parking structure of the Nugget, then going back indoors because it was freezing.

The fireworks launched downtown aren't nearly as good, and you're too far from the strip to see those fireworks very well. A strip New Years experience is much better.

Get real. If V & A's sends you a "Buy one/Get one free" offer after this incident, you be back in there faster than a Hillary Clinton girdle snap.

Stick with THE STEAKHOUSE at Circus

Thread Information