Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
Jacksonville was not playing at home and redietz was referring to teams playing on their home field.
This definition doesn't work either Mickeycrimm. The Chicago Bears played "home games" 135 miles away from Chicago, at the University of Illinois, for a year or two while Soldier Field was renovated. The year Hurricane Katrina damaged the Superdome, the New Orleans Saints played "home games" at 3 different locations, LSU stadium, 80 miles away, San Antonio, 550 miles away, and Giants Stadium in New Jersey 1300 miles away. All were counted as "home games" despite not being on their regular home field.

And speaking of Giants Stadium (now Met Life Stadium), home to both the Giants and Jets, so when they play as they will this coming Sunday, someone is designated as the home team and someone as the away team. If the away team Jets win, it doesn't get counted as a home game, even though it is on their home field.

Look, I personally don't consider that Jacksonville played a home game last week. That's why I said "technically" when I first raised the issue. But the NFL does and they keep the records. And that is what we are talking about here....records. Redietz started a thread on 2 different sites, entitled "Historic Event - NFL" claiming the home teams went 12-0 for the first time ever on Sunday. But, the official NFL records says the home teams went 12-1, making it not the historical event that Redietz stated.

correction: Met Life Stadium is not the old Giants Stadium rebranded. It is a newer stadium, still shared by the Giants and Jets, built at the same location (parking lot of the old stadium).
KJ, could you jog my memory? When did the NFL start keeping stats on ATS results?