Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Get well Micikey Crimm

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Does anybody know if MickeyCrimm has family to help him in this time of need?
    I believe Mickey posted that he has sisters in Oregon and his parents are in Alaska.
    I feel that he is blessed to still have parents at age 66.

While medical bills are irritating, the ambulance costs are outright staggering.

Mickey could be a changed man after receiving the bills. His new mantra could be "Socialized Medicine" or "Medicare For All".

Just kidding MC. Someone needed to make you laugh. I did not intend to cause a spike in your EKG. On a serious note, make sure you listen to your doctors and nurses. There are no merit badges awarded to those who overdo things when leaving the hospital. Be good.

Originally Posted by Deech View Post
    While medical bills are irritating, the ambulance costs are outright staggering.

Mickey could be a changed man after receiving the bills. His new mantra could be "Socialized Medicine" or "Medicare For All".

Just kidding MC. Someone needed to make you laugh. I did not intend to cause a spike in your EKG. On a serious note, make sure you listen to your doctors and nurses. There are no merit badges awarded to those who overdo things when leaving the hospital. Be good.
    You may be closer to the truth than you think. My wife had vomiting and diarrhea late one nite and felt she couldn't wait till morning to see the doctor so to the emergency room we go. First was the nurse, IMMEDIATELY followed by some aide who wanted to know how we were gonna pay for our part aside from insurance! To make a long story short, what would have cost $100 ended up being $9,000 total! We were charged $900 EACH for two rooms because they had to take her to another room for xrays. Now WHO is gonna complain their wife isn't worth $9,000- so the matter is forgotten. Then come the less fortunate with medicare-but who cares? They just got enough from your billing to offset THEIR costs! Secretly, we ALREADY have corruption in health care and there's just enough kickbacks from corrupt pharmaceutical and hospital costs to delay corrective action. Oh, and don't forget the lawyers who prey on lawsuits.

Any word on Mickey crimm? I tried calling him and no answer.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Any word on Mickey crimm? I tried calling him and no answer.
    He might be in a Coma. I have heard of people having medical procedures done after heart attacks and strokes and then falling into comas after the medical procedures..
    . :/ Hopefully all is well with Mickey.

How many days is normal if they had to open him up?
    Is it time to suspect the worst?
    That would be the nut low to have a first and last visit to the doctor at 66.......damn

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    How many days is normal if they had to open him up?
    Is it time to suspect the worst?
    That would be the nut low to have a first and last visit to the doctor at 66.......damn
    I had my last open heart surgery early on a Monday morning. They had me up walking (a few steps) Monday evening. BUT, trust me, posting or Twitter is about the last thing you are thinking about for a few days.

I am not yet thinking that about Mickey, but better that some alternative suggestions being thrown about.

Medicare is not enough. You need a medicare supplement plan. There are no deductibles or co-pays with my plan.

Medicare is not enough. You need a medicare supplement plan. There are no deductibles or co-pays with my plan.
    That is correct. That is what I had for my spouse, who was on Medicare. A Medicare supplement plan, sometimes called medigap because it covers most of the 20% that Medicare doesn't cover. I say "most", because we would still get a bill for very small amounts, like a dollar or two for most procedures or bills. I was never quite sure why that was, just paid it.

This is what most responsible people do. It is only people like Rob that think they need to steal, cheat and game the system, every system, with every thing they do that would even consider just stiffing the other 20% because they can.

That BS that doctors are happy to just get the Medicare assignment portion is just that....BS, by a bullshit artist. What Rob's BS statement equates to is going out to dinner. You get a bill for $87 and you say well I am only going to pay $55. That is all they expected to get anyway.

And BTW, Rob's example is exactly why more and more doctors and medical providers are refusing to accept Medicare patients.

Medicare pays 80%.....Period. The patient is responsible for the other 20%. That is the deal. That is what the patient agrees to when he accepts Medicare. Stiffing that 20% is no different than stiffing the restaurant or taxi driver. It is stealing.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 11-13-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    That is correct. That is what I had for my spouse, who was on Medicare. A Medicare supplement plan, sometimes called medigap because it covers most of the 20% that Medicare does don't cover. I say "most", because we would still get a bill for very small amounts, like a dollar or two for most procedures or bills. I was never quite sure why that was, just paid it.

This is what most responsible people do. It is only people like Rob that think they need to steal, cheat and game the system, every system, with every thing they do that would even consider just stiffing the other 20% because they can.

That BS that doctors are happy to just get the Medicare assignment portion is just that....BS, by a bullshit artist. What Rob's BS statement equates to is going out to dinner. You get a bill for $87 and you say well I am only going to pay $55. That is all they expected to get anyway.

And BTW, Rob's example is exactly why more and more doctors and medical providers are refusing to accept Medicare patients.

Medicare pays 80%.....Period. The patient is responsible for the other 20%. That is the deal. That is what the patient agrees to when he accepts Medicare. Stiffing that 20% is no different than stiffing the restaurant or taxi driver. It is stealing.
    Sounds like you had a medicare advantage plan instead of a medicare supplement plan. There are small co-pays with a medical advantage plan. However, with a medicare supplement plan if you have the best (plan F) there are zero co-pays and deductibles. By the way, you can no longer get plan F.

Sounds like you had a medicare advantage plan instead of a medicare supplement plan. There are small co-pays with a medical advantage plan. However, with a medicare supplement plan if you have the best (plan F) there are zero co-pays and deductibles. By the way, you can no longer get plan F.
    No it was a supplement plan through an insurance company. The way it would work is say you get an Xray that was billed at $300, the bill would be submitted to medicare who would pay 80%. Medicare actually past 80% of what they assign for an Xray, but let's not get into that right now. So Medicare paid 80%, then a bill was submitted to the insurance company for the remaining balance, in this case would be $60 and for some odd reason the insurance company would pay like $58.28. Then they would mail me a bill for $1.72. I never understood this. I asked once and the answer made no sense, so I just would pay these small odd amounts. Crazy as it seems I would get bills for less than a dollar sometimes.

This was original Medicare and a private medicare supplement plan. Original medicare is what he had when I got involved. I never even understood or looked into the different Medicare advantage plans, I just stuck with his original Medicare.

I see a ton of commercials on TV now, with all these extra benefits, supposedly at no extra cost. Joe Namath does one of the commercials. I really don't understand the medicare advantage plans. They look too good to be true. But I really don't need to understand them right now. Maybe in a few years when my Mother turns 65, because I know she isn't going to understand Medicare.

I have deleted the troll posts from this thread, and banned blackhole from it. Let's show some respect here.

I have always liked Mickey, and hope he makes it through this.

I really hope we will be seeing him back posting out here in a very short time.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

As usual, kew is making it up on the go, no matter how stupid he appears.

Aside from the supplemental plans for Medicare--which as a previously healthy person mickey certainly would not get--that 80% kew espouses to know so much about is only 80% of the amount Medicare is contracted with, which is much lower than the full-up prices they'd charge for someone with means w/o insurance, and lower even than the cash price they'd charge to regular customers w/o insurance.

Similarly, kew shows himself to be equally moronic about those "people who just saved your life". They get paid regardless if it's an illegal alien with no pesos in for childbirth, Nancy Pelosi in for yet another face and boob lift, Hillary Clinton in for a butt lift, or kew in for the discounted sex-change operation he's been longing for.The absolute last thing anyone thinks or cares about is if other people are paying their co-pays and deductibles.

Wise up.

If Mickey only has original medicare, he has until Dec 7th to sign up for a medicare advantage plan. The fact that he has medical issues now will probably make him ineligible for a medicare supplement plan.

If Mickey only has original medicare, he has until Dec 7th to sign up for a medicare advantage plan. The fact that he has medical issues now will probably make him ineligible for a medicare supplement plan.
    Midwest, I was under the impression that when you switch Medicare plans during this end of year enrollment period,the changes don't take effect until the following month. With my partner gone I don't keep up With it like I used to so perhaps I am mistaken.

But a few things I know I am not mistaken about is just about everything Singer just said. As usual...what a complete idiot. I may or may not address a few when I get home. Can't decide if I want to bother.

Medicare supplement plans are open for enrollment into whether a person is sickly with major problems or as healthy as a robot. I'm wondering why mickey would even bother with something like that. He'd be paying more for treatment and care that costs him nothing now.

Midwest, I was under the impression that when you switch Medicare plans during this end of year enrollment period,the changes don't take effect until the following month. With my partner gone I don't keep up With it like I used to so perhaps I am mistaken.

But a few things I know I am not mistaken about is just about everything Singer just said. As usual...what a complete idiot. I may or may not address a few when I get home. Can't decide if I want to bother.
    Kew, we already know you can't help yourself when it comes to things that expose your idiocy. Now you're trying to portray being an expert in the field of medical care and coverage because you have a bad ticker and infected blood, and because you say you sat by the side of some other dying homo.

So I say GO AHEAD--SPEW MORE OF YOUR INEXPERIENCED IGNORANCE! display even more of your weakness. waaa....waaa

If Mickey signs up for a medicare advantage plan during the open enrollment period now thru Dec 7th, the insurance won't take effect until Jan 1, 2020. You can sign up for a medicare supplement plan at anytime during the year, but if you don't do it during I believe the first 6 months when you turn 65 you have to pass underwriting. There are a few exceptions to this general rule.

KJ, the fact you had to pay some small amounts for you partner was probably because you had a less expensive plan that had co-pays. Plan F was the best and most comprehensive plan, but you can no longer get it unless you were grandfathered in. The second best plan is Plan G which I suggest you get for your mother.
    https://www.medicare.gov/index.php/s...digap-policies

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Kew, we already know you can't help yourself when it comes to things that expose your idiocy. Now you're trying to portray being an expert in the field of medical care and coverage because you have a bad ticker and infected blood, and because you say you sat by the side of some other dying homo.

So I say GO AHEAD--SPEW MORE OF YOUR INEXPERIENCED IGNORANCE! display even more of your weakness. waaa....waaa
    Rob, are you back to being mean and nasty again because you discovered yet another different form of glitch on a machine somewhere? Where you feel that you need to create yet another diversion to handle all that stress of being the greatest AP on the planet?

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Rob, are you back to being mean and nasty again because you discovered yet another different form of glitch on a machine somewhere? Where you feel that you need to create yet another diversion to handle all that stress of being the greatest AP on the planet?
    Now your sensitive little feelings are being tweaked by me again. Poor thing. Where was all this sentiment when blackhole was on kew's death wish list as he went thru cancer treatments?

You need a new safe space.

Thread Information