Thread: New Total Rewards (Caesars Rewards) levels for 2020

There's been a change to the Diamond levels at Caesars, which have long been considered to be too broad, with the 15,000 tier mark being fairly easy to earn, with very diminished returns past that until Seven Stars at 150,000.

On 2/1/20, the new levels will look like this:

0-4999: Gold
    5000-14999: Platinum
    15000-24999: Diamond
    25000-74999: Diamond Plus
    75000-149999: Diamond Elite
    150000+: Seven Stars

Diamond Plus and Diamond Eiite will be similar to the old Diamond Aspirations, but will have some differences. They will actually be considered different tier levels, with separate cards printed.

Diamond Plus will be required to get free access to Diamond Lounges (now called Laurel Lounges).

Diamond Elite will get a lesser version of the old Diamond Aspirations airfare benefit. The new benefit gives you up to $600 in airfare to Las Vegas. The old Aspirations benefit gave you $750 airfare to any Caesars location. This sucks for people living in the Vegas or Los Angeles areas, for obvious reasons.

Here are some more details: https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/be...w/2020-updates

Also, as mentioned in another thread, Caesars is starting to clamp down upon those who are acquiring Seven Stars without much other play. Those Seven Stars are being denied and left at Diamond.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

This is stupid. When I played regularly Diamond was a single level, and it came at the 10,000 level. Since then they've shaved pay tables, cut lounge benefits, and added in ridiculous resort and parking fees. Only a complete moron or deranged degenerate gambler would still play at their properties or be mesmerized by their nonsense.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    This is stupid. When I played regularly Diamond was a single level, and it came at the 10,000 level. Since then they've shaved pay tables, cut lounge benefits, and added in ridiculous resort and parking fees. Only a complete moron or deranged degenerate gambler would still play at their properties or be mesmerized by their nonsense.
    You are correct as the answer is D; all of the above.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There's been a change to the Diamond levels at Caesars, which have long been considered to be too broad, with the 15,000 tier mark being fairly easy to earn, with very diminished returns past that until Seven Stars at 150,000.

On 2/1/20, the new levels will look like this:

0-4999: Gold
    5000-14999: Platinum
    15000-24999: Diamond
    25000-74999: Diamond Plus
    75000-149999: Diamond Elite
    150000+: Seven Stars

Diamond Plus and Diamond Eiite will be similar to the old Diamond Aspirations, but will have some differences. They will actually be considered different tier levels, with separate cards printed.

Diamond Plus will be required to get free access to Diamond Lounges (now called Laurel Lounges).

Diamond Elite will get a lesser version of the old Diamond Aspirations airfare benefit. The new benefit gives you up to $600 in airfare to Las Vegas. The old Aspirations benefit gave you $750 airfare to any Caesars location. This sucks for people living in the Vegas or Los Angeles areas, for obvious reasons.

Here are some more details: https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/be...w/2020-updates

Also, as mentioned in another thread, Caesars is starting to clamp down upon those who are acquiring Seven Stars without much other play. Those Seven Stars are being denied and left at Diamond.
    My hypothesis is that CET found that a lot of players got to Diamond in the past (maybe to 25K) then stopped playing because the intermediate levels to Seven Stars were removed. Those people then started playing and staying at other hotels to get established given the benefits they could get. This was not a surprise. Now CET is trying to adjust by creating new intermediate Diamond levels, albeit with diluted benefits compared to the old Aspriations 1 and 2 levels.

I wonder if CET's incoming corporate overlords will discontinue overgenerous tier matching and Founder Card deals which allow people to buy the Diamond level.

FAB, that's a good theory. Clearly they instituted the 25k requirement for the lounges in order to press people to play past the 15k mark, but they probably found that there was such a wide gap between 25k and 150k that a lot of people really cut their play down after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they simply make Diamond 25k next year.

BTW I was told last year that you can only tier match once. However, I believe the Founders Card thing works continuously. I'm probably just going to re-earn my Diamond in January.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

FAB, that's a good theory. Clearly they instituted the 25k requirement for the lounges in order to press people to play past the 15k mark, but they probably found that there was such a wide gap between 25k and 150k that a lot of people really cut their play down after that.

BTW I was told last year that you can only tier match once. However, I believe the Founders Card thing works continuously. I'm probably just going to re-earn my Diamond in January.
    Hi Dan, I agree that it would be in CET's corporate interest to make Diamond benefits harder to get. I don't think, however, it will make Diamond across the Board 25,000 the following year. Diamond has certain associated benefits which may be of value to the customer but not cost much to CET. So CET should make it easy for Diamonds to get in the express line since it does not cost hard dollars and encourages others to get Diamond. Similarly, Diamond shows in Vegas don't cost much as they only allocate seats when there is over supply. By contrast, Resort fees hard costs $40-$55 a night which get waived even if one is the lowliest Diamond. I can see CET later stating that Resort fees will only be waived by Diamond Plus members or above.

You say your are going to "re-earn" Diamond the first month of next year. Planning to go to Tahoe and ski along with playing the good VP there to hit 25K or more in a couple of days?

FAB

Even worse. Only new members can tier match

Thread Information