Originally Posted by Deech View Post
Serious sports betting, when trusting others (sport services), is difficult. I did very well with Mike Warren for three years (in the mid 80"s) and the fourth year hurt badly. You never knew why picks were made. You had to trust them. While personally, I did not lose money, I have no idea why individuals take advise without knowledge backing the advise. We would not do this in other endeavors but we will do it involving sports and opinions.

Now, as an absolute idiot, I am in a high end money pool out of Scranton, PA, and I have done well, but out of the money. Four picks per week. I came in fourth place in my first three years (they pay out for three places) out of 75 individuals. Tough losses. Tied for first place this year with a pedestrian 32-19-1 record.

I agree with Redietz. I do not know what a +EV is. I do this for fun, but, damn, I would love to have an absolute positive experience.

If that's 32-19-1 ATS, there's nothing pedestrian about it. That is an excellent record.

I have nothing positive to say about Mike Warren (AKA Laskey), he of the founding of 900 phone services.

But I do have something positive to say about Scranton!! That's right up the road (I-81) from my old hometown -- good old Frackville, PA. Both part of the anthracite (hard) coal region. Molly Maguire country.

Deech, if you haven't ever looked up Mike Stockunas, he is an acquaintance of mine from the area. Google him...lots of fun facts. He just got out last year (minimum security -- he was in the same place as Michael Douglas' son).