Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Mr Kewlj please help me out here. Do you agree that it is possible to win money at a negative expectation game, or is it your position that you cannot win money at a negative expectation game?

I'm trying to understand your definition of mathematically impossible.
Obviously, it's theoretically possible to get lucky and win for years playing a -EV game, thats never been in dispute(obviously we don't believe people making such claims).

Its theoretically possible for someone to get a dealt royal flush on VP 100 times in a row, however, it's impossible for someone to get a royal flush on VP if they never play a hand of video poker in their life.

Obviously, in my following example I'm not talking about glitches, gaffs, promotions or programming errors, so for argument's sake let's assume nothing like that's going on.

If you take a video poker pay table and do the calculations and it comes back at a 95% Payback then it's a 95% Payback with optimal play period. If someone comes along and tells you there's a strategy or way of playing that will magically turn a 95% paypack into a 110% payback, that's impossible(1+1 can't =5). However, it's possible people can get lucky due to variance and win. You're either an idiot or a troll if you don't understand this concept.