Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "Infamous tap," how do you handle it?

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I think we should all lighten up on Slingshot. He has made it clear that he is not trying to be an AP or play with an advantage. he is just there to have fun. And he believes that a progressive betting system allows him to stretch his money and make his money last longer. This of course is a fallacy, but he can believe whatever he wants and play how ever he wants.

I have to admit, I cringe each time I hear him repeat Singer's talking points word for word. But again, he can do and believe what he wants.
    Ahhh, just ignore me. The past 4 years on this forum has made me sort of bulletproof. I realize my play is not the "norm".

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I think we should all lighten up on Slingshot. He has made it clear that he is not trying to be an AP or play with an advantage. he is just there to have fun. And he believes that a progressive betting system allows him to stretch his money and make his money last longer. This of course is a fallacy, but he can believe whatever he wants and play how ever he wants.

I have to admit, I cringe each time I hear him repeat Singer's talking points word for word. But again, he can do and believe what he wants.
    Ahhh, just ignore me. The past 4 years on this forum has made me sort of bulletproof. I realize my play is not the "norm".
    Sorry Slingshot but this has gone way beyond discussing your play alone when you pretend that you do not realize there is a difference between player and house edges playing video poker versus playing blackjack as you yourself referenced in post #24. To quote:

"This, to me, is hilarious! If I say quit playing while ahead in vp, I'm told it will have NO effect whatsoever on my income, but bj is different?"

You put that question mark up there where there should not be one. Damn right there is a big difference between the two games. Every new hand played at video poker is dealt from a fresh shuffle whereby the odds always remain the same before the draw and completion of the hand, (based on the pay tables) this cannot change. In blackjack, you can have many, many hands played between shuffling, each and every card seen between shuffles changes the fluctuating odds of the game. Winning long term is all about the math period.
    Last edited by BoSox; 12-09-2019 at 04:35 AM.

One other comparison between the two games that I think sucks big time for video poker.

For Example: In blackjack, you may see two players playing side by side on a $10 minimum $500 max table. One player is betting mostly $10 a hand and the other guy is always betting black chips the point here is that both players are starting out each hand with equal upfront odds.

In video poker for the most part unless you are playing five coins a hand there will be a stiff penalty in the payout tables for not doing so. So two people sitting side by side playing the same exact game might be playing at different upfront odds.
    Last edited by BoSox; 12-09-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Disclaimer. I know that I am supposed to cut down on the New Threads thing, but I feel that this is a decent idea for a thread and is not completely stupid like some of my threads are. I actually completely thought this thread through before hitting "Post."

The "Back off from this game/ the Banned Tap." How do you handle it?
    Tasha, that is a fair question, considering that you most likely will never experience the occasion in your lifetime.

It is just part of the job, and you move on. Now how do you handle being banned from boards?

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Disclaimer. I know that I am supposed to cut down on the New Threads thing, but I feel that this is a decent idea for a thread and is not completely stupid like some of my threads are. I actually completely thought this thread through before hitting "Post."

Tasha, that is a fair question, considering that you most likely will never experience the occasion in your lifetime.

It is just part of the job, and you move on. Now how do you handle being banned from boards?
    At least one website that banned me,I looked at website for about two more days, complained about being banned out of the blue and and then completely ignored website and never went back.

At least one website that banned me,I looked at website for about two more days, complained about being banned out of the blue and and then completely ignored website and never went back.
    My Christmas wish is history repeats itself here.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

My Christmas wish is history repeats itself here.
    You are so mean, Boz. I was nice to you and only started talking shit about you after you turned on me.

Thread Information