Thread: Should players contracts exclude players from seeing their own doctors?

The Yankees are taking Jacoby Ellsbury to court claiming that by him also seeing his own doctor it violated his contract agreement. Bottom line the Yankees organization is now saying that they have freed up 26 million in salary space which they intend to use. Somehow this sounds crooked and why would the player's association allow clubs to write contracts like that in the first place. Shouldn't team player representavies at least warn injured players of the consequences? I hate the Yankees! The only good possibility ending out of this would be seeing Ellsbury return to the Red Sox for the minimum and hit 310.
    Last edited by BoSox; 12-06-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    The Yankees are taking Jacoby Ellsbury to court claiming that by him also seeing his own doctor it violated his contract agreement. Bottom line the Yankees organization is now saying that they have freed up 26 million in salary space which they intend to use. Somehow this sounds crooked and why would the player's association allow clubs to write contracts like that in the first place. Shouldn't team player representavies at least warn injured players of the consequences? I hate the Yankees! The only good possibility ending out of this would be seeing Ellsbury return to the Red Sox for the minimum and hit 310.

Thanks for posting this. With my nose in football, I missed this. This is actually a big deal.

Thread Information