Thread: I'll have some Angus beef with a side of cannabis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The NuWu Cannabis Marketplace sits on a small patch of Pauite Indian tribal land, located right off I-15 between Las Vegas and North Las Vegas.

Pot lounges are not yet legal in Las Vegas, but they are legal for NuWu, as its tribal land location makes them not subject to Vegas city laws.

The first cannabis-infused sit down dinner in Vegas was offered earlier tonight at NuWu, for $150. It was standard tasting menu type fare, except all dishes were infused with cannabis.

https://vegas.eater.com/2019/12/9/21...as-vegas-first

I don't really understand the point of this. I doubt the cannabis makes the meal taste any better. If looking to get high, why not just smoke pot after the meal?

Seems like a silly gimmick to me.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

The point is to get $150 out of someone for a little stinky weed and a ham sandwich.

That place also lets you smoke onsite. Cooking food isn't a big step. Look, it is Vegas. All about experiences. Lots of people don't like smoking. It is a cool sounding thing to do. Why not? $150 overpriced, yes, but this is for tourists.

From a purely logical standpoint, you could just go buy edibles, but thats so yesterday, bro.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

This kind of sounds gross. Weed in ACTUAL food? Nasty in my opinion. And charging $150 for this, plus tax and tip? That's almost $193 including an 18 percent tax and about 9 percent tax! Disgusting.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    This kind of sounds gross. Weed in ACTUAL food? Nasty in my opinion. And charging $150 for this, plus tax and tip? That's almost $193 including an 18 percent tax and about 9 percent tax! Disgusting.
    You tip on the tax?

Funny episode of the old Barney Miller show, from like the 70's. I have probably seen a total of about 3 episodes, but one was hilarious, in that someone brought a plate of brownies for the detectives. The brownies had marijuana in them and the old Asian cop got hilariously stoned. I don't know how I even remember this.

In an unrelated note, there are two Marijuana dispensaries across the street from the Palms (a block west of Gold coast). Two different dispensaries, about 100 feet apart on the same side of the road. There is one business in between then, a Sonic fast food place. Every time I ride by I think to myself, I'll bet that Sonic does a hell of a business at night, located between those two dispensaries (munchies).

Thread Information