I made my semi-annual visit to Circus Circus to collect my $15 free money (wincard promotion). I entered through slots of fun, which was basically empty of machines and people. I took note that the 5 seat video blackjack game (the one that is countable for a small +EV) was gone. Unrelated the same 5 seat video blackjack game was switched out at El Cortez this week, replaced by a newer 3 seat video blackjack machine. I have no idea if this newer machine is countable, so if someone wants to let me know, I am all ears.

So as I signed up for the winchip or wincard promotion in Circus Circus, the guy at the counter told me this promo (available every 6 months) would be discontinued next week when Treasure Island took over. I am not sure if I had heard that TI bought Circus Circus and forgot or hadn't heard it. Dan is usually on top of these things, so I imagine he posted about it although I don't really see such a thread. So anyway, if anyone just has to visit Circus Circus one last time for nostalgia reason, you are down to the final days.

In other news the beer garden or beer patio that has been under construction at Ellis Island for a couple years is now open. Not sure why it took so long to build THAT thing.