Thread: Which kicker?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Triple Double Bonus.
    Dealt 2444A.
    Which kicker should I hold?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

TDB. AAAk only.
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

Would have been one extra with Ace
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Why would you not play 20 hands at 5 credits?.....wtf?

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Tell me if my reasoning is wrong, Mr MaxPen. I believe that with 100 hands at one credit each I had the better chance of getting something back on each hand played.

I could have played one hand at 25-cents per coin. How many times have each of us been dealt AAA on one line and never got a fourth Ace or a fourth Ace with a kicker?

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Tell me if my reasoning is wrong, Mr MaxPen. I believe that with 100 hands at one credit each I had the better chance of getting something back on each hand played.

I could have played one hand at 25-cents per coin. How many times have each of us been dealt AAA on one line and never got a fourth Ace or a fourth Ace with a kicker?
    You do sorta sound like Alan.
    #FreeTyde

How many times have each of us been dealt AAA on one line and never got a fourth Ace or a fourth Ace with a kicker?
    Or dealt two aces on a 3-liner vulched TDB quarter UX play and caught the other two on the 2x multiplied hand:
    Name:  tdb_2x_quad_aces_quarter.jpg
Views: 2719
Size:  244.2 KB

Two things:

1) Five coins typically adds a bump to the RF award; the number of lines argument is circular reasoning at best and a waste of bandwidth for the rest of us. You are giving up EV for more lines ... that part should be obvious. Why not spend $100 buying 100 lottery tickets at 50% EV each vs $100 on a spin at a 95% game ... we all understand the part with 100 tickets, you are going to win more often.

2) The greatest scam on N-Play is the dealt hand effect that I wrote extensively on Skip Hughes’ message board.

If you play 100 lines, then 400 RF’s (100 RF’s for each suit) are waiting to awarded when dealt.

Do you know how much EV in N-Play is based on the dealer hand effect? I think not.

In N-Play, the EV is the EV but the footnote about dealt hand effect is cleverly omitted.

Originally Posted by Ex-AP View Post
    If you play 100 lines, then 400 RF’s (100 RF’s for each suit) are waiting to awarded when dealt.
    And of course a dealt brick on the main hand is also propagated through all 100 hands.

TDB also shorts the AWAK payoff with less than 5 coins - so it is an especially poor choice for playing short.

Originally Posted by ddb1 View Post
    TDB also shorts the AWAK payoff with less than 5 coins - so it is an especially poor choice for playing short.
    That's not correct. I posted a $25 TDB AWAK $100k hit of mine at Wynn from 2012 I think, and the paytable was NOT shorted with less than five credits being bet. The pic is in the Jackpots thread.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by ddb1 View Post
    That's not correct. I posted a $25 TDB AWAK $100k hit of mine at Wynn from 2012 I think, and the paytable was NOT shorted with less than five credits being bet. The pic is in the Jackpots thread.
    While I've definitely seen it as you describe Ron, I do believe I have seen it the way DDB1 describes also (IGT has both configurations I think, but not totally positive). WMS/Scientific games has one where it is not shorted in any configuration. Anyway, why fuck around (if you must play -EV VP) - play Royal Aces bonus and you don't even need a kicker (and it's not shorted for short-coining in any configuration of the game).

The answer to the original question here is you hold the Ace. Hard to understand why none of the vp experts here didn't know that and instead, changed the subject.

The answer to the original question here is you hold the Ace. Hard to understand why none of the vp experts here didn't know that and instead, changed the subject.
    What difference does one kicker make over the other?

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    That's easy sling: a FH with two Aces LOOKS better

Just as in the world of culinary, "It's All In The Presentation". Every professional gambler knows that....especially the ones on forums

Just as in the world of culinary, "It's All In The Presentation". Every professional gambler knows that....especially the ones on forums
    If I get 4 4's with a 2 I'll keep it to myself I don't wanna appear unprofessional!
    Last edited by slingshot; 01-12-2020 at 02:39 PM.

If I get 4 4's with a 2 I'll keep it to myself I don't wanna appear unprofessional!
    You know how it gets on gambling forums. We know nothing....they know everything. Just remember: you CAN'T WIN on -EV vp games.

Thread Information