Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year! :D Actually, Happy New Decade! :D

It just occurred to me a literally a couple of minutes ago that it's not just a New Year, it's a New Decade! Happy New Decyear!

Did you even consider if this was posted in the appropriate section before posting?

Appropriate section? Are you kidding? Give the monkey credit for being trained to type so well with her phone while hanging from branches.

Give her a break…. I’d like to see what you could do while swinging from your tail in a tree.

You’re so mean blackasshole

How is it a new decade?
    Was there a year zero?

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    How is it a new decade?
    Was there a year zero?
    Someone else said that they think that NEXT year will be the new decade, not 2020. Seriously? 2020 is the new decade, I know I am right!

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Appropriate section? Are you kidding? Give the monkey credit for being trained to type so well with her phone while hanging from branches.

Give her a break…. I’d like to see what you could do while swinging from your tail in a tree.
    Name:  42543D97-7546-45C9-A656-4880DC3ACDCB.gif
Views: 3484
Size:  328 Bytes

Tasha, I did get and read your long email. I will only say I know you feel like going on a cussing rant, but don't do it. Nothing good can come from it.

Tasha, first I would like to thank you for your contributions to this message board. This place would not be what it is without you.

This thread alone has me seriously wondering whether it is a new decade or not. Good stuff.

And if you feel the need to give a cussing rant just remember you are better than that ! Remember though that Jesus forgives if you DO cuss and rant.

Happy New Years!
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Tasha, I did get and read your long email. I will only say I know you feel like going on a cussing rant, but don't do it. Nothing good can come from it.
    Thanks for the advice. I was going through one of my weird phases when I considered doing the cussing rant a few days ago but even then my logical brain told me, "Maybe you should hold off in that cussing rant. Remember how bad your other cussing rant 7 months ago ended up being. " And I listened to my logical brain and didn't do it.
    Last edited by Tasha; 01-01-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I was going through one of my weird phasee when I considered doing the cussing rant a few days ago but even then my logical brain told me,'
    "Maybe you should hold off in that cussing rant. Remember how badly your other cussing rant ended up being. " And I listened to my logical brain and didn't do it.
    Your whole fucking existence is one long weird phase....but it seems as tho Mr. accountinquestion is trying to get in your pants, so I guess you have that going for you, if nothing else

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Tasha, first I would like to thank you for your contributions to this message board. This place would not be what it is without you.

This thread alone has me seriously wondering whether it is a new decade or not. Good stuff.
    According to Google, 2021 is actually the new Decade, NOT 2020 although it has been mentioned that MANY people do think that 2020 is the new Decade so I wasn't alone.

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I was going through one of my weird phasee when I considered doing the cussing rant a few days ago but even then my logical brain told me,'
    "Maybe you should hold off in that cussing rant. Remember how badly your other cussing rant ended up being. " And I listened to my logical brain and didn't do it.
    Your whole fucking existence is one long weird phase....but it seems as tho Mr. accountinquestion is trying to get in your pants, so I guess you have that going for you, if nothing else
    you c***blocking a**wipe !!!
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

And if you feel the need to give a cussing rant just remember you are better than that ! Remember though that Jesus forgives if you DO cuss and rant.

Happy New Years!
    This is a perfect example of why and how the endless stupidity on this forum continues.

Not only the stupidest, but the biggest con artist on this site, getting advice from the number 2 and 3 underlings who are both secretly fighting for the top spot. Of course, now that KewlJ is allegedly gone these two idiots moved up a spot. Imagine sharing private e-mails seeking advice from un-known anonymous people over something as ridiculous as this thread.

One of them even brought up Jesus. I’m surprised the other one didn’t bring up Allah, based on his known political beliefs.

Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest. You can’t make this stuff up.

(Being it's a New Year, maybe it could be a good time to re-evaluate your life's.)
    Last edited by blackhole; 01-02-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Our calendar was created by the Romans. This is the year 2020 A.D.

A.D. is the abreviation for the Latin "anno domini" which means "in the year of our Lord" and refers to the birth of Christ.

The year of Christ's birth was the year "1" and not the year "zero." Therefore the decade begins with 2021.

There is another thing to consider: there is no "zero" with Roman numerals. For this reason alone there could not be a year Zero.

I will anticipate your next question: yes, the years jumped from 1 B.C. (before Christ) to the year 1 A.D.

There is also no such year as Zero when the years are marked as B.C.E. which is Before the Christian Era to C.E. which is the abbreviation for Christian Era.

Again, since there was never a year Zero, decades begin with years ending with the digit 1.

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    since there was never a year Zero, decades begin with years ending with the digit 1.
    On the other hand...

My understanding is that the year 1920 was part of the decade known as the "Roaring Twenties".

So what decade are we in now that it's 2020?

When someone turns 20 years old, are they in their teens or are they in their twenties?

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    since there was never a year Zero, decades begin with years ending with the digit 1.
    On the other hand...

My understanding is that the year 1920 was part of the decade known as the "Roaring Twenties".

When someone turns 20 years old, are they in their teens or are they in their twenties?
    If you are 20, you are definitely considered to be in your 20's. No one considers a 20 year old to be a Teen.

If you are 20, you are definitely considered to be in your 20's. No one considers a 20 year old to be a Teen.
    So as of 1/1/2020 we are in the decade of the 20's....aren't we?

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    On the other hand...

Now I'll throw you and the other nitpicking trolls for a loop. A decade is a period of ten years. 1935 can be the start of a decade just like 1932 or 1939 can be the start of a decade.

So to be more exact, 2021 will mark the start of another decade since the start of the current Roman calendar.

Yes a decade is any period of 10 years and can begin on any date.

So the OP correctly noted the following...

It just occurred to me a literally a couple of minutes ago that it's not just a New Year, it's a New Decade!
    You would have also been correct if you wrote....

decades begin with years ending with the digit 1.
    But you qualified your claim by stating the following...

How will you extract yourself from the loop that you created?

Specified decades begin on specific dates.

The decade of the 2020's obviously began on 1/1/2020.

I believe that was the OP's observation, and the point of her original post.

You likely understood her point, but you tried to dispute the obvious anyway.

As did the retard who wrote this...

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    How is it a new decade?

Thread Information