Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year! :D Actually, Happy New Decade! :D

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Tasha, I did get and read your long email. I will only say I know you feel like going on a cussing rant, but don't do it. Nothing good can come from it.
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Tasha, first I would like to thank you for your contributions to this message board. This place would not be what it is without you.

This thread alone has me seriously wondering whether it is a new decade or not. Good stuff.

And if you feel the need to give a cussing rant just remember you are better than that ! Remember though that Jesus forgives if you DO cuss and rant.

Happy New Years!
    This is a perfect example of why and how the endless stupidity on this forum continues.

Not only the stupidest, but the biggest con artist on this site, getting advice from the number 2 and 3 underlings who are both secretly fighting for the top spot. Of course, now that KewlJ is allegedly gone these two idiots moved up a spot. Imagine sharing private e-mails seeking advice from un-known anonymous people over something as ridiculous as this thread.

One of them even brought up Jesus. I’m surprised the other one didn’t bring up Allah, based on his known political beliefs.

Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest. You can’t make this stuff up.

(Being it's a New Year, maybe it could be a good time to re-evaluate your life's.)
    I'm not sure how to respond to this... "I'd rather be an underling than a nothing". Would that piss you off even more in your weird world that is totally bizarro to me.

It is interesting you obviously have paid enough attention to me to remember I don't like Trump. I'm not sure that is much of a political belief. It is far more of a ethical belief.

Really, what bugs me at this point is how Trump's fans can't acknowledge that the guy does anything wrong. EVER. I'm not sure why this seems like a thing. I guess other presidents didn't do outlandlish shit constantly that makes one question their supporters. Case in point - Trump pardoning that guy. The war criminal's own guys didn't want to report on him, but had enough of his evil bullshit. It was actually bad enough to be investigated and that is not something that readily happens in the military. Those guys operate with impunity for the most part. I mean, go look at a list of what the guy had been accused of and my guess is that it is likely all true.

To let that guy go and take him to political fundraisers as a hero is the equivalent to taking a big shit on everyone in the armed forces who actually tries and believes they're "doing the right thing".

You ask the Trumpers about this shit and ALWAYS some variation on "Well someone else somewhere in the past has done something at least vaguely analogous therefore HA! Thats just the press making a big deal of it".

What
    the
    fuck
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Yes a decade is any period of 10 years and can begin on any date.

So the OP correctly noted the following...

You would have also been correct if you wrote....

But you qualified your claim by stating the following...

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    since there was never a year Zero, decades begin with years ending with the digit 1.
    How will you extract yourself from the loop that you created?

Specified decades begin on specific dates.

The decade of the 2020's obviously began on 1/1/2020.

I believe that was the OP's observation, and the point of her original post.

You likely understood her point, but you tried to dispute the obvious anyway.

As did the retard who wrote this...

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    How is it a new decade?
    Only a total dumbass can see something wrong with a simple 2 part question that allows people to realize that it is not a new consecutive decade if one starts from the beginning.
    Coachbelly surpasses even Alan in the the tard department.....congrats idiot

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post

Thanks for the advice. I was going through one of my weird phasee when I considered doing the cussing rant a few days ago but even then my logical brain told me,'
    "Maybe you should hold off in that cussing rant. Remember how badly your other cussing rant ended up being. " And I listened to my logical brain and didn't do it.
    Your whole fucking existence is one long weird phase....but it seems as tho Mr. accountinquestion is trying to get in your pants, so I guess you have that going for you, if nothing else
    you c***blocking a**wipe !!!
    Not true Sir, I’d never c**** block you and Tasha...Primates need to fuck too

How is it a new decade?
    it is not a new consecutive decade
    You must be a moron.

The 1920s ran from 1/1/1920 - 12/31/1929.

Was that not a new consecutive decade from the preceding decade 1910-1919?

Then the decades that followed (30s, 40s, 50s, etc...) were not consecutive to their respective preceding decade?

LOL...OK jackass...believe whatever you want to believe.

We are now in the 2020s, the new decade began on 1/1/2020.

Are you really so dense as not to understand that?

Deal with it you fucking numbskull.

How is it a new decade?
    it is not a new consecutive decade
    You must be a moron.

The 1920s ran from 1/1/1920 - 12/31/1929.

Was that not a new consecutive decade from the preceding decade 1910-1919?

Then the decades that followed (30s, 40s, 50s, etc...) were not consecutive to their respective preceding decade?

LOL...OK jackass...believe whatever you want to believe.

We are now in the 2020s, the new decade began on 1/1/2020.

Are you really so dense as not to understand that?

Deal with it you fucking numbskull.
    I understand that the calendar we use began with the year 1 and not zero. Maybe you didn't catch that in your short bus class. None of your retarded logic can change that fact. You are no longer arguing the original point.

You are no longer arguing the original point.
    You are a fool...way to show your ass.

Here's the original point, which is obviously true no matter how you look at it...

it's not just a New Year, it's a New Decade!
    But you being the jackass that you are, you disputed that fact anyway...

How is it a new decade?
    So dummy, do you now understand that it is a new decade?...the 2020s?

If we're not in the 2020s, then what decade are we in?

You are a fool...way to show your ass.

Here's the original point, which is obviously true no matter how you look at it...

But you being the jackass that you are, you disputed that fact anyway...

How is it a new decade?
    So dummy, do you now understand that it is a new decade?...the 2020s?

If we're not in the 2020s, then what decade are we in?
    I asked questions.

My questions now have led you to the truth.

You can't handle the truth.

You are digging a deeper hole looking for the salvation to your retardation by trying to change the topic of 2 simple questions that led you to the truth.

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 3221
Size:  230.7 KB

You are trying to change the topic of 2 simple questions
    I'm not trying to change the topic, if the topic at hand is your simple-minded questions...

How is it a new decade?
    The 2020s is a new decade. That decade began on 1/1/2020.

Are you disputing that?

Do you really not understand that 1/1/2020 began the decade of the 2020s?

You asked "how?"...the answer is the same as how 1/1/1920 began a new decade.

Here's an explanation, hope it's still not over your head...

The 1920s (pronounced "nineteen-twenties") was a decade of the Gregorian calendar that began on January 1, 1920, and ended on December 31, 1929.

The same criteria applies to the 2020s. Not sure how you can misunderstand this, unless of course you are too retarded to understand.

Your second question is irrelevant, since a new decade can start on any date...

Was there a year zero?
    No there wasn't a year zero, but it doesn't follow that therefore a new decade did not start on 1/1/2020.

There was a year 1900.

The decade known as the 1900s (1900-1909) began on 1/1/1900.

The century known as the 1900s (1900-1999) also began on 1/1/1900.

Do you dispute those dates...because there was no year zero?

Mr Belly you can call any ten year period a decade. 1865 to 1875 was a decade.

But as we measure time through the use of our calendars the definition of a decade is specific.

The first year in the Christian Era, or what is known as Anno Domini or year of our Lord, was the year 1 A.D. The Roman priest who devised the first calendar called the first year "1," and he did not call it "Zero." This fact is accepted all over the world. Look it up if you don't believe it.

Now, with year 1 being the first year, here's how the first few decades looked:

DECADE #1

DECADE #2

DECADE #3

NOW LET'S JUMP 2000 YEARS

ANOTHER DECADE...

AND ANOTHER DECADE...

AND SO ON.

Do you want to refer to the years of 1960 to 1969 as the decade of the 60s? Well go right ahead. But it's not a decade as measuring the time Anno Domini or year of our Lord.

Mr Belly you can call any ten year period a decade. 1865 to 1875 was a decade.

But as we measure time through the use of our calendars the definition of a decade is specific.

The first year in the Christian Era, or what is known as Anno Domini or year of our Lord, was the year 1 A.D. The Roman priest who devised the first calendar called the first year "1," and he did not call it "Zero." This fact is accepted all over the world. Look it up if you don't believe it.

Now, with year 1 being the first year, here's how the first few decades looked:

DECADE #1

DECADE #2

DECADE #3

NOW LET'S JUMP 2000 YEARS

ANOTHER DECADE...

AND ANOTHER DECADE...

AND SO ON.

Do you want to refer to the years of 1960 to 1969 as the decade of the 60s? Well go right ahead. But it's not a decade as measuring the time Anno Domini or year of our Lord.
    You’re wrong Andrew G. Most frequently used method is the cardinal method explained very well by Wikipedia below. In common usage no one ever defines the 60s as 61 to 70 or the 80s as 81 to 90.

any period of ten years is a "decade", and there is no "official" legal nor administrative start or end point,[1][2] so it can be any arbitrary span of ten years. For example, (1) 'the first decade' of a person's life begins on their birthday; (2) the statement that "during his last decade, Mozart explored chromatic harmony to a degree rare at the time" merely refers to the last ten years of Mozart's life without regard to which calendar years are encompassed.

There are two main methods of counting decades in recognition. The first method, counting ordinally, counts decades starting with the first year 1 CE (For example, the years 1981–1990 is referred to as the 199th decade or the 9th decade of the 20th century), while the other, counting cardinally, groups years based on having the same digits (For example, the years 1980–1989 is referred to as the 1980s, or commonly known as the eighties).

A YouGov poll was conducted on December 2, 2019, asking 13,582 Americans whether the following decade would begin on New Year's Day 2020 or New Year's Day 2021. Results show that 64% of Americans answered the next decade will begin on January 1, 2020, and will end on December 31, 2029 (the cardinal range). 19% of the Americans surveyed replied they are unsure, while 17% answered the next decade will begin on January 1, 2021, and will end on December 31, 2030 (the ordinal range).[3]

The frequently used method to refer to decades is the cardinal method, which groups years based on their shared tens digit, such as the nineteen-sixties (1960s) referring to the period from 1960 to 1969.[4][5] Sometimes, only the tens part is mentioned (60s or sixties), although this may leave it uncertain which century is meant. In this method, a new decade begins when the third digit of a numerical year changes (for example, the 1970s began when 1969 ended and 1970 took over) while ending on the last day of any year ending in nine. The fact of there being no year zero does not apply, as this method counts decades cardinally rather than ordinally.

The rarer ordinal decade counts years beginning with the year AD 1, as the Gregorian calendar counts ordinally rather than cardinally, and hence there was no year zero. For example, the term 196th decade spans the years from 1951 to 1960. The last year of an ordinal decade ends in zero while matching with the corresponding digits used in the title (For example, the 201st decade spans from 2001 to 2010). Alternately, one could use the term "sixth decade of the twentieth century" in lieu of "196th decade" to refer to the years 1951–1960.

Particularly in the 20th century, decades came to be referred to with associated nicknames, such as the "Swinging Sixties" (1960s), the "Warring Forties" (1940s) and the "Roaring Twenties" (1920s). This practice is occasionally also applied to decades of earlier centuries; for example, referencing the 1890s as the "Gay Nineties" or "Naughty Nineties".

Mr dgenben your post, citing opinion polls to create facts, just shows how stupid most people are.

Here's another fucking poll question to ask: what is the definition of AD? Most of your stupid poll responders will say it means "after death."

Learn how to read.

The first year in the year of our Lord was 1. That's how you start counting your decades.

Mr dgenben your post, citing opinion polls to create facts, just shows how stupid most people are.

Here's another fucking poll question to ask: what is the definition of AD? Most of your stupid poll responders will say it means "after death."

Learn how to read.

The first year in the year of our Lord was 1. That's how you start counting your decades.
    Yeah AndrewG

People consider 1970 as part of the sixties, and 1980 as part of the seventies, and 1990 as part of the eighties.

You are one sharp cookie

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post

Learn how to read.

Yeah AndrewG

People consider 1970 as part of the sixties, and 1980 as part of the seventies, and 1990 as part of the eighties.

You are one sharp cookie
    Read this moron. You can label any ten year period any way you want to. You want to call the roaring 20s the roaring 20s then go ahead.

But the first calendar year was the year 1. It wasn't zero. Calling the roaring 20s the roaring 20s doesn't change that the first decade of Anno Domini was the years 1 through 10.

Now shut up moron.

O, I guess I was BOTH right AND wrong. This is the the start of the 20's DECADE, but technically it is NOT a new Devade.

Learn how to read.

Yeah AndrewG

You are one sharp cookie
    Read this moron. You can label any ten year period any way you want to. You want to call the roaring 20s the roaring 20s then go ahead.

But the first calendar year was the year 1. It wasn't zero. Calling the roaring 20s the roaring 20s doesn't change that the first decade of Anno Domini was the years 1 through 10.

Now shut up moron.
    Most everyone already knows that about year 1 idiot. No one was arguing with you about that idiot. They were arguing with you that a decade can start whenever you want to define it as a decade idiot.

Have a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year, idiot.

Yeah AndrewG

You are one sharp cookie

Now shut up moron.
    Most everyone already knows that about year 1 idiot. No one was arguing with you about that idiot. They were arguing with you that a decade can start whenever you want to define it as a decade idiot.

Have a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year, idiot.
    You really are a fucking moron who can't read. I said all along you can call any ten year period a decade. But you didn't see that? No. You had to create your forum diarrhea of telling everyone the same thing everyone else can read for themselves.

There is no question that any ten year period is a decade. Got that bozo fuck face?

The only question to get straight here for bozo belly is that the first calendar year was 1. So the next calendar decade will start in 2021... and if you don't agree with that fuck off idiot.

O, I guess I was BOTH right AND wrong. This is the the start of the 20's DECADE, but technically it is NOT a new Devade.
    You got it right.

You got it right.

Did you ever pay your son for all that work he did Alan?

And if you are not Alan, I apologize for confusing you with that miserable piece of shit. Walking scammer who would fuck anyone over to get his losing gambling fix. Did it for years under the guise of consumer advocate. Bad, bad individual with zero moral compass.

Do you want to refer to the years of 1960 to 1969 as the decade of the 60s?
    Who doesn't refer to the years 1960-1969 as the decade of the 60s?

But it's not a decade
    You are a mental patient.

Just look at how quickly you went from being polite to vitriolic when confronted with your own stubborn ignorance.

But you didn’t actually change, your mask fell off and revealed who you really are.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    You got it right.

Did you ever pay your son for all that work he did Alan?

And if you are not Alan, I apologize for confusing you with that miserable piece of shit. Walking scammer who would fuck anyone over to get his losing gambling fix. Did it for years under the guise of consumer advocate. Bad, bad individual with zero moral compass.
    I really don't think that Andrew is Alan.

Thread Information