Thread: Happy New Year

Just wishing everyone who visits here a joyous 2012.

Thank you and to you also! Just came back from dinner and seeing the movie "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" which was a fantastic movie but the wrong movie for New Year's Eve. I sat there crying during the last half hour. Dinner was great. Now we're home, watching TV and decompressing from the movie. I'm sure I'll be hearing about this New Year's Eve all the way through 2012.

We stayed in and watched Rise of The Planet of The Apes--which also was excellent and the wrong movie for NYE.
    I hope everyone has a decent year ahead. I just watched my Patriots come back from 0-21 to win 49-21, so l'm hoping that carries them to another Super Bowl game....one unlike their debacle in Phoenix when they had the most unreal bad luck at the end of the game, and I STILL stay awake some nights thinking about it.

Now that this thread popped up to the top for some reason let me wish a Happy New Mayan calendar to one and all. Is there somewhere we can watch the ball drop tonight?

Which time zone does the party start?

The Mayans were in Central/South America so I'd go with EST.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    The Mayans were in Central/South America so I'd go with EST.
    That would mean Vegas loses a day of revenue.

If anyone wants some Mayan end-of-the-cycle shirts, the anthropology club of ETSU has some for sale. I can include a summary by Mayan archaeologist Dr. Bill Duncan explaining the shirts.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 12-23-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: oops. hit the moderator edit button by mistake. no edit made.

Does the shirt have a loose string or a missing stitch in time?

Actually, a website or illustration would be interesting to see!

Happy holidays and happy and healthy new year to all.

Thread Information