Thread: IGT and Megabucks

Today I participated in a kind of interview with IGT about their Megabucks game. IGT is surveying players in Vegas and you get $25 to participate.

You do not have to be a Megabucks player to take part but it appears that if you have played there are different questions.

My guess is IGT might be researching a possible change. From the questions they might be offering smaller jackpots.

One question asked was "what do you consider a life changing win?"

I said $1-million. They also asked what the Megabucks reset amount was. Few knew. I said $10-million which was correct.

Another question: would it make a difference if the jackpot were one million or ten million? My answer was one million is the same as ten million.

I also suggested a different kind of megabucks game using video poker. But the game would involve seven or eight card hands such as an eight card royal flush for the jackpot.

One point of discussion is that megabucks didn't offer much entertainment besides pushing a button.

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Today I participated in a kind of interview with IGT about their Megabucks game. IGT is surveying players in Vegas and you get $25 to participate.

You do not have to be a Megabucks player to take part but it appears that if you have played there are different questions.

My guess is IGT might be researching a possible change. From the questions they might be offering smaller jackpots.

I said $1-million. They also asked what the Megabucks reset amount was. Few knew. I said $10-million which was correct.

Another question: would it make a difference if the jackpot were one million or ten million? My answer was one million is the same as ten million.

I also suggested a different kind of megabucks game using video poker. But the game would involve seven or eight card hands such as an eight card royal flush for the jackpot.

One point of discussion is that megabucks didn't offer much entertainment besides pushing a button.
    Personally, I think they should make it an extra coin/cost Progressive and make it much easier to hit and start it out at about 3 million. Instead of using extra cards in video poker they could do something similar but make it A dealt sequential Royal or something like that.

They might want to think about adding some must hit secondary big meters to it IE must hit by 500K.
    They could also find a way to add the Megabucks to a version of whatever their popular bonus games are at the moment.

Revenue from the game must be dropping if they are considering changes.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Or they are looking to see if they can boost it.

For me threshold would be around 5 mil. But you’d have to up that to account for taxes.

A life-changing win wouldn't be $1million, esp. when they tax it and you get it over a 20-yr. span. Start at $5million and progress to a must-hit of $10million, with a wheel giving a free 1-in-10 chance of doubling your jackpot after the hit. Smaller secondary jackpots would be a good idea too. People don't regularly play Mega Bucks because it's such a bad bet and it's boring. Spice it up for the locals and regular visitors.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    A life-changing win wouldn't be $1million, esp. when they tax it and you get it over a 20-yr. span. Start at $5million and progress to a must-hit of $10million, with a wheel giving a free 1-in-10 chance of doubling your jackpot after the hit. Smaller secondary jackpots would be a good idea too. People don't regularly play Mega Bucks because it's such a bad bet and it's boring. Spice it up for the locals and regular visitors.
    That would probably depend on your age, lifestyle and what you already have.

It's certainly going to be life-changing for most people. Even if you were young, life changing doesn't have to mean you'll never have to work again for the rest of your life but it would certainly change most people's life. Winning a million dollars would certainly change a low-wage earners life and give them the opportunity to pursue other things like starting a business, going to school for something they really enjoy, or they could just work without ever having to worry about money, as long as they are smart about it. They could even just learn the Rob singer VP method and parlay that into tens of Millions

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    That would probably depend on your age, lifestyle and what you already have.

It's certainly going to be life-changing for most people. Even if you were young, life changing doesn't have to mean you'll never have to work again for the rest of your life but it would certainly change most people's life. Winning a million dollars would certainly change a low-wage earners life and give them the opportunity to pursue other things like starting a business, going to school for something they really enjoy, or they could just work without ever having to worry about money, as long as they are smart about it. They could even just learn the Rob singer VP method and parlay that into tens of Millions
    May be a great investment. I have never charged for training.

I was thinking in the terms that a million bucks after taxes would be around $38k/year for 20 years, which might get whittled down even further depending on personal situations and other income, etc. People who might see that as life-changing likely wouldn't be playing a $3/spin bad-bet machine in the first place. But I could be wrong because I'm a bit out of touch with a lot of what the newer generations do these days.

But I could be wrong because I'm a bit out of touch with a lot of what the newer generations do these days.
    From what I can tell, they like to vape and walk around staring at their I-phones rather than the sidewalk or what's in front of them.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post

Personally, I think they should make it an extra coin/cost Progressive and make it much easier to hit and start it out at about 3 million. Instead of using extra cards in video poker they could do something similar but make it A dealt sequential Royal or something like that.

They might want to think about adding some must hit secondary big meters to it IE must hit by 500K.
    They could also find a way to add the Megabucks to a version of whatever their popular bonus games are at the moment.
    Having a must hit component is a great idea. What if they even did that for the main ie must hit by $10M? You would have to imagine it would get a lot of action whenever the numbers got high. But even a secondary $500k or similar would get a lot of action when it got high.

I sure don’t see much action on Megabucks machines these days.

Thread Information